Free To Good Home - '88 535i Parts - Maryland

Buy, sell, or trade parts.
proto17

Free To Good Home - '88 535i Parts - Maryland

Post by proto17 »

I have a lot of interior parts left over from stripping my 1988 535i for Lemons ~ 6 years ago. Below are pictures of most parts. Missing from the pictures are the two front seats (in decent shape), rear seat bottom (same as fronts), rear seat backs (haven't put eyes on them in a while), and most of the interior trim and carpeting.

I am not willing to put in the time required to ship these things, so it's pickup only. I want this stuff gone in the next two weeks or it ends up at a junk yard or trash heap. I'd really rather the parts go some place where they will be used!

Few notes:
- The manual drive shaft is likely toast. I replaced it, but never sent the old one in for core. Automatic one is probably fine
- I have most of the wiring from the inside of the car. It's in that rats nest of a box. I do not wish to rummage through it to find specific things
- These parts came off of an automatic. I no longer have the transmission. The car ran well when I got it.
- I cannot vouch for the electronics. It's been too long since they were last used.
- The interior of the car was not in great shape. Not torn up, but definitely well used
- I am not parting with anything drivetrain/suspension related except the old drive shafts
- I do not recall if the AC worked when I got the car

Feel free to ask questions. I'll try to get pictures of the seats in the next day or two. I definitely cannot get pics of the rear seat as it's got a lot of the trim and carpeting stacked on top of it.

I am in the BWI airport area

Pics:
https://imgur.com/a/r6ljtwj
https://imgur.com/a/b3lAaXo
Koopman

Re: Free To Good Home - '88 535i Parts - Maryland

Post by Koopman »

Hi. Do you have the rear window motors?
Thanks
proto17

Post by proto17 »

Koopman wrote: Mar 07, 2022 10:01 AM Hi. Do you have the rear window motors?
Thanks
Pretty sure all of the electronics are in the provided photos. I don't know part numbers for the various parts to be able to tell you if I do or don't. Chances are that all four motors are in the collection as I stripped the glass an electronics from the doors.
Koopman

Post by Koopman »

The two rear window motors have numbers that end in 206 and 207.
I will pay you for shipping and whatever else you want. I could use any BMW tools you might have.
Thanks so much.
Harry
wkohler

Post by wkohler »

Koopman wrote: Mar 09, 2022 7:09 PM The two rear window motors have numbers that end in 206 and 207.
I will pay you for shipping and whatever else you want. I could use any BMW tools you might have.
Thanks so much.
Harry
to resell (aka not a good home).
proto17

Post by proto17 »

Koopman wrote: Mar 09, 2022 7:09 PM The two rear window motors have numbers that end in 206 and 207.
Thanks so much.
Harry
Please remember that I will not be shipping any of these parts. I simply don't have time to take care of everything related to shipping :( I am completely on board with someone picking the parts up for free and then selling them. I want these parts to end up in a car, but I am slammed with work and other projects and just can't work in packaging and shipping of these items.
Ht ent

Post by Ht ent »

Hello, I have 85 528e, i'm interested in the seats, I live in Virginia about 45 minutes away from BWI
proto17

Post by proto17 »

Ht ent wrote: Mar 11, 2022 5:14 PM Hello, I have 85 528e, i'm interested in the seats, I live in Virginia about 45 minutes away from BWI
I will try to get you a picture tonight. I'll likely need your help getting them up the stairs from my basement :laugh:
SW

Post by SW »

Hello -- I am going to PM you as I am in MD and maybe we could figure out a time to meet up this weekend?

note - either something is up with PMs or I am having tech issues. I am interested in a few bits. If you didn't get the a PM from me, could you email at wrko at yahoo dott com?

SW
proto17

Post by proto17 »

Here are pics of the front seats. Sorry for the delay.

https://imgur.com/a/ihRHQ8J
Syndrome

Post by Syndrome »

Hi. I’m in Tysons and would like to help by taking the stuff. Do you have a sense of how big my transport needs to be? If I’m too late, would you please be willing to let me have just the driver side upper door bolster? Mine cracked. Yes, I would come get it. Thank you.
proto17

Post by proto17 »

I'm currently unloading all of it into my driveway. I'll take pics once complete. Turns out I have more stuff than I thought :shock:
proto17

Post by proto17 »

https://imgur.com/a/WUC4L8Q
All the things. Someone is here right now going through it all
proto17

Post by proto17 »

Unless you already talked to me and put dibs on something, it's first come first serve.
proto17

Post by proto17 »

I'll have the parts in my driveway until 6 pm. Message me for the address
proto17

Post by proto17 »

Parts remaining after the first person

https://imgur.com/a/QEPN4il
proto17

Post by proto17 »

And to be clear: free to a good home does not mean "won't resell". It simply means that the parts won't go to waste in a junkyard or landfill.
proto17

Post by proto17 »

All of the parts pictured in the last update are still available. I really don't want to chuck this stuff into the dumpster or a junk yard, so if you're local and want any of it, please let me know. I can leave the stuff outside for you to pick up if there's not a good time to meet up.

And if there's anyone local that wants to take what I have and resell it, then feel free to take all of it. I just don't have the time to deal with all of the shipping.

EDIT: The front seats *might* become available. First person didn't get back to me, and second is checking to see if the seats will work for them.
Sh00bs

Post by Sh00bs »

Bumpppp

this isnt still available by chance, is it? im pretty close to BWI and would take it all!
proto17

Post by proto17 »

There are still a lot of parts left. Including the front seats.

I am currently trying to find a home for the entire car and the mountain of spare parts (transmissions x 3, diff, engine, many suspension parts, brakes, wheels, etc). The car is free to a good home as it needs someone with a frame rack to bend the driver's side front frame rail by about 1/2 inch, but the spare parts are something I would like to recoup some costs on.

Unfortunately I recently crammed most of the misc interior parts into the car rather unceremoniously as I needed to make room for the e28's replacement. So it won't be quite as easy to go though things now :( I still have a lot of items in boxes though. I can be available from 4-8 PM during the week and I think I'm free this weekend. Feel free to private message to setup a time that works for you.
Sh00bs

Post by Sh00bs »

i cant send you a pm yet bc i dont have enough posts it seems lol

can you send me a txt ? so long story short i sold my '88 528 to buy an IS300 but the seller backed out... been looking for another since, picked up a '84 manual 528e yesterday with 120k on her and 99% rust free!
i'll happily take whatever you have (if you still have it), cost depending, i love having spare parts

my cell is 443_8six7_ 47.57
im in pasadena, MD and have a trailer. if i hit the post count in the next few days i'll shoot you a pm lol
proto17

Re: Free To Good Home - '88 535i Parts - Maryland - GONE

Post by proto17 »

Apologies for not updating this thread sooner. Turns out I shouldn't trust people as people sometimes suck. I'll need to make a post in the seller feedback, but anyone who deals with Peter Littlefield should make sure he pays in full before he loads anything into his car. Paid me $500 of $1,500 for literally all of my good parts to include my M5 diff and transmission...

Anywho, rant over. I don't have anything left except an M30 block that may or may not be in good shape. Engine seized during a race. Turned out to be a rod bearing that ate it. I have the block and crank if that's of any value.
Sh00bs

Post by Sh00bs »

dang man, sorry to hear :/