WTB: m30b34 cylinder head

Buy, sell, or trade parts.
saruma

WTB: m30b34 cylinder head

Post by saruma »

doesn't need to be perfect, and i don't need a camshaft for it. looking for a m30b34 head that's complete and in relatively good shape besides a camshaft. located in colorado, if somebody here or close has one that would be perfect as i would imagine shipping to not be fun, but i can pay shipping too.
fukoa

Re: WTB: m30b34 cylinder head

Post by fukoa »

i have a complete b35 head from a engine that was in my e23
if the b34 head doesnt work then let me know we can work something out
vviking

Post by vviking »

PM sent.
Spen

Post by Spen »

I have a head from my 86 535i with probably 230k on it. Never overheated / blown hg that I know of.

What's strange is when I went to re do the head gasket and timing rails and stuff - part of maintenance) the cam lobe touched part of the head casting when I was going to remove the cam w the head off and the rockers moved to the sides.

It made a tiny chip on the cam lobes in 1 or 2 places. Edge, not working surface. The cam is not junk but it shows a those tiny chips!

What's odd is the head I replaced it with (that I didn't intend on using that I had, unknown, laying around) had free space in the casting with the rockers off to manipulate the cam. I did not remove that cam but it had space on all casting portions from my dim memory inspection at the time.

I dunno what happened, but I have this above described USA spec B34 head 1986 535i.

I might have hit the rocker arm shaft trusses once or twice with whatever I used to drive out the rocker shafts. I think some brass rod stock is probably the right choice there in future. Anyway it's probably a never resurfaced original head.

I'd like it gone 100 plus shipping as it sits
saruma

Post by saruma »

It made a tiny chip on the cam lobes in 1 or 2 places. Edge, not working surface. The cam is not junk but it shows a those tiny chips!
you should see the cam i pulled out of my current head. i luckily got a b35 cam off of here, but damn. if mine are fine i can just replace them with those for the time being. pm'd you.
Nebraska_e28
Beamter
Beamter

Post by Nebraska_e28 »

I have a couple of b34 heads as well, unknown mileage.