FOUND: WTB: Getrag 260/6 in good condition

Buy, sell, or trade parts.
Ibmotoren

FOUND: WTB: Getrag 260/6 in good condition

Post by Ibmotoren »

I’d like to do a manual swap in my 88 535is. Before assembling all the parts, I’d like to see if I can even find a Getrag 260/6 that is in good physical condition and is known to shift well through all gears. Please PM me if you have one you might be willing to part with for the right price. Not looking to low ball. I’m in Northern California.
Thank you, Mike.
Last edited by Ibmotoren on Dec 08, 2021 3:02 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Ibmotoren

Re: WTB: Getrag 260/6 in good condition

Post by Ibmotoren »

bump
vviking

Post by vviking »

PM sent.
alpinass

Post by alpinass »

If that deal with vviking doesn't work out - I just found a 260/6 with the sensors. This was completely rebuilt by famous Peter Delot - he has since passed away. He was an expert on Getrag & ZF gearboxes. This has been sitting in dry storage for 10 years. Opened the fill nut It does have a light film of gear oil. You can consider this 'AS NEW'. $2995 - can provide pics.
Ibmotoren

Re: FOUND: WTB- Getrag 260/6 in good condition

Post by Ibmotoren »

alpinass wrote: Dec 08, 2021 11:47 AM If that deal with vviking doesn't work out - I just found a 260/6 with the sensors. This was completely rebuilt by famous Peter Delot - he has since passed away. He was an expert on Getrag & ZF gearboxes. This has been sitting in dry storage for 10 years. Opened the fill nut It does have a light film of gear oil. You can consider this 'AS NEW'. $2995 - can provide pics.
Hi Paul,
Thank you very much for the offer, but I actually just visited Sherman last night to purchase the Getrag (as well as most all components for the swap). Thank you for offering this one though, it does sound incredible. -Mike