WTB : mounting brackets for M Tech side skirts

Buy, sell, or trade parts.
jsedita74

WTB : mounting brackets for M Tech side skirts

Post by jsedita74 »

im in search of the brackets . i understand they are no longer available. maybe someone fabricates them ? or has an old set laying around. thats all im missing to complete my build. i wish i knew how to post some photos . thank you in advance ladies and gentlemen. you guys are great help i thank you again
cactusjacks1

Re: WTB : mounting brackets for M Tech side skirts

Post by cactusjacks1 »

I have 8 of them, I believe that is the complete set. PM me if your still looking.

Thanks,
Cactusjacks1
cactusjacks1

Post by cactusjacks1 »

I have 8 of them, I believe that is the complete set. PM me if your still looking.

Thanks,
Cactusjacks1
socalM5

Post by socalM5 »

Just sent you a pm
jsedita74

Post by jsedita74 »

sent you an email sir i dont see your pm
jsedita74

Post by jsedita74 »

both of you
jsedita74

Re: WTB : mounting brackets for M Tech side skirts ** PURCHASED**

Post by jsedita74 »

jsedita74 wrote: Sep 13, 2021 2:13 AM im in search of the brackets . i understand they are no longer available. maybe someone fabricates them ? or has an old set laying around. thats all im missing to complete my build. i wish i knew how to post some photos . thank you in advance ladies and gentlemen. you guys are great help i thank you again
jsedita74

Post by jsedita74 »

Got them . Thank you very much gentlemen. You guys are great !! Thank again .

Edit : still searching as the guy that has them is insisting I pay friends and family and refunded my payment . I refuse to pay friends and family and his insistence I pay friends and family has turned me off . If anyone can help that would be awesome
jsedita74

Post by jsedita74 »

https://imgur.com/a/hWTxXAr

I’m still searching here’s a side shot of the car
vinceg101

Post by vinceg101 »

Just so we are all on the same page here, just what parts are you looking for? Part numbers would be best for identification.
I ask because unless I am misunderstanding you, I interpret "Side Skirts" as those that cover the lower rocker panels? If so, there are no brackets for those, only cap nuts (which require threaded studs to be welded onto the lower body) and double sided tape hold those on to the car.

There are brackets only for the rear bumper cover however; are these what you mean?
jsedita74

Post by jsedita74 »

I need the brackets for the side skirts It’s a long metal piece I think I was told
vinceg101

Post by vinceg101 »

Again, there is no metal bar or other bracket needed to mount an BMW M-Tech Side Skirt. I needed to go back and look at mine as they are off the car at the moment just to make sure, and as you can see, the only thing that hold these onto the car are the plastic body clips, cap nuts & washers on the body studs, and double stick tape:

I guess you need to verify that you are talking about actual BMW M-Tech (Pferba) components and not another body kit (e.g. BBS, etc.).
If your body shop is telling you that an additional mounting bar/bracket is needed, either they don't understand how BMW's kit is installed or you have another manufacturer's Side Skirts.

FYI, part #21 in that diagram above is actually a template needed to locate the holes in the lower rocker panels where the plastic body clips snap into. I know it looks like a bar, but it is actually an adhesive backed(?) strip used so they could drill the body.
jsedita74

Post by jsedita74 »

I was told I need these pieces before I can mount the side skirts

https://imgur.com/a/yFJp51h
vinceg101

Post by vinceg101 »

The link is blurry image of the actual side skirts. Was this link supposed to be something else?

If you already have the side skirts, then you already have everything you need to mount them sans the mounting hardware (all of which are still available from BMW, even the doubled sided tape):
-about (10)small plastic clips
-the receiving grommets that go into the body for those clips
-(2) ST4.8x16 screw/bolts with receiving speed clips (at the front wheel wells)
-about (8 or 10) plastic cap nuts (that screw onto threaded studs that are welded to the underside of the rocker panels)
-(4) plastic expanding rivets
-(1) 1/2" x 20' roll of double sided HD exterior rated tape (3M or Gorilla)

Of those items above, the threaded studs are what require a bit of work as these need to be sourced and then welded to the body (IIRC they are 6mmx25mm/1" or so long). The rocker panels also need to be drilled out for the first set of clips & grommets in the above list.
If you are being told by a body shop that you need anything more than what I've listed above, then your are being lied to and/or the shop doesn't know what they're doing; either of which would give me pause.

I'm sorry if I'm sounding pedantic, but I'm honestly trying to help you. Please take the time and educate yourself by studying the parts diagrams (https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showpa ... Id=51_0744).