New Euro Rear Valance FS $350

Buy, sell, or trade parts.
Coast Motor Werk

New Euro Rear Valance FS $350

Post by Coast Motor Werk »

So after searching for months for a good euro rear valance and not finding any in reasonable shape (new originals are NLA), I was forced to have the rear valance fabricated. The client's US M5 is perfect and never damaged. The Euro conversion valance fits very well and conveniently covers the US bumper shock and filler screw holes. I used my euro E28 (Burt) as the template and had the US M5 here for final fitment. The thin fiberglass is intended to be installed with panel bonder and then filled at the ends. We designed it to fully extend up and behind the rear euro bumper and hide the US bumper shock holes. It's a very nice fit and looks great! The installation is quite simple however should be done by a competent body shop. The part is well made and has the correct lip on the underside and around the exhaust opening.
$350 each, plus S&H.

Instructions:
Remove rear bumper with shocks, both fillers and 7 nut-serts.
Clean and prep entire rear valance, treat any rust with appropriate measures. Sand off as much of original stone guard coating from rear valance as possible. For best results check for any bends or creases in original valance and address them so the new part fits as close to the original sheet metal as possible.
Etch prime any exposed metal.
The new part will cover all the bumper shock and filler mounting holes at the rear of the vehicle.
There are 2 holes and a welded on clip on each side of the vehicle that will require additional work later.
Test fit the part to verify fitment. Often a small amount of trimming at the bottom sides of the original valance is needed.
Using a cutoff tool, remove enough metal from the inner corners of the outer bumper shock boxes inside the trunk to allow room to work later(this will be where the Euro bumper attaching nut will be).
The new valance is not a structural part of the vehicle and does not need much adhesive to attach.
Apply bonder adhesive such as SEM#39747 evenly every 3-4 " in a 1" puddle (like cookie dough on a sheet)and clamp.
Important: Be sure to apply bonder all around the outer most rectangular holes(this will prevent any cracking of the panel when tightening the bumper bracket hardware).
Bonder should not be used as a sealant. Appropriate body sealer should be used to seal holes from the trunk, the top and underside seams after the panel is installed. Leave a couple openings at the bottom seam for drainage.
Allow bonder to cure and then remove clamps.
Fill corner seams with appropriate fiberglass/filler, sand & prep.
Unlike US vehicles, typical Euro E28s have stone/chip guard at the bottom of the quarter panels that wraps slightly around the valance but does not go across the entire rear valance(typically a vertical masking line is visible just short of the lower lip). Depending on your preference stone/chip guard can be installed over the entire valance or like the Euro cars, can be masked and applied to cover the filled and prepped seam at each side.
Prep and paint as desired.

Euro Bumper install:
Drill one small pilot hole where the Euro bumper attaches on each side(outer most rectangular holes used by fillers). Enlarge the hole as needed until the Euro bumper fits best.
For best long term results use body sealer or butyl around the bolts holding the bumper to the body.

The euro bumpers are much shorter than the US ones and as a result the US exhaust tips will protrude far too much as well as the US valance has an offset exit from the muffler. A muffler shop can cut off the tips from the muffler and weld new straight shorter tips. We intentionally made the exhaust opening slightly wider than original in order to protect the panel from heat, abrasion and allow for many types of exhaust tips and sizes. We suggest 55-70mm straight cut thick wall stainless.

Pics on DropBox updated 8/20/2021, I will add more of the install.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s1ddiku4bqh8 ... zON-a?dl=0
Updated 10/28/2021 pics with valance finished on US M5 (Euro shadowline bumpers).
Last edited by Coast Motor Werk on Oct 28, 2021 5:23 PM, edited 8 times in total.
mynameistaken

Re: New Euro Rear Valance for sale $300

Post by mynameistaken »

Hi, Ron—

I’m definitely interested. Do you have any photos of the installed part and what is required to get it fitted onto the car?

I’m planning a euro bumper swap and would like to do as much of the work myself to keep the cost down.

Jeff
Coast Motor Werk

Absolutely! I will post more pics of the install as soon as it's in process. We intend on it being simple to install. I feel it's very important for it to be easy and look correct. I think we accomplished that.
1. remove US bumper, fillers and shocks.
2. remove any stone-guard, rough up and etch-prime area to be bonded.
3. install panel with panel bonder, clamp and let dry.
4. drill 2 holes for euro bumper(through existing panel).
5. prep, fill and finish at ends.
6. test fit bumper and it's ready for paint(and stone guard if desired).
mynameistaken

Post by mynameistaken »

Sounds good. Looking forward to it.
GS

Post by GS »

Interested. Are waiting for 10 requests to start production or do you have a few on hand?
Coast Motor Werk

I have 2 on hand. 1 is spoken for. I can order as many as desired however the $300 each price is if I order 10 or more at a time. How many would you like?
DJM1986-5

Post by DJM1986-5 »

I'll take one. Please PM the details needed.
Thanks
Coast Motor Werk

Will do. Thanks!
Bleed Green

Post by Bleed Green »

Following. Very interested in seeing the install and finished project.
mynameistaken

Post by mynameistaken »

I’m interested in one, too. Please PM details.
Bonsaibacker

Post by Bonsaibacker »

Bleed Green wrote: May 23, 2021 7:09 PM Following. Very interested in seeing the install and finished project.
Plus one. Hoping you run another round and we can see some installed pics (with process).
Killestt

Post by Killestt »

Hi there, Very interested. Pm'd
Coast Motor Werk

Thanks!
Coast Motor Werk

Just ordered 10 pieces(3 sold, 2 pending).
DM me for ordering
I will need:
Name
Address(shipping)
phone
email
Payment: I can email you an Invoice and you can PP, CC(phone auth) or mail a check.

Ron I.
Owner Coast Motor Werk
15385 Chemical lane
Huntington Beach CA 92649
Last edited by Coast Motor Werk on May 24, 2021 5:11 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Coast Motor Werk

Looks like S&H (Ground) to the east coast is about $75. Less the closer you are to SoCal.
sefb222

Post by sefb222 »

I’m in for one. DM sent
Coast Motor Werk

Apologies to anyone asking questions, I was getting used to receiving notification emails from MyE28 and when I hadn't received one for over a week I popped online to find I missed 3-4 messages. I will try to do a better job of checking daily.
DJM1986-5

Post by DJM1986-5 »

Ron,
Check your email...requesting shipping/tracking info on valance purchase. Thanks
bill

Re: New Euro Rear Valance FS $350

Post by bill »

Ron,
I'm in for one
Thanks
Bill
Coast Motor Werk

Great! PM me with all you info, Name, address, phone and email. Let me know how you want to pay.
Coast Motor Werk

Updated instructions:

Clean and prep entire rear valance, treat any rust with appropriate measures. Sand off as much of original stone guard coating from rear valance as possible. For best results check for any bends or creases in original valance and address them so the new part fits as close to the original sheet metal as possible.
The new part will cover all the bumper shock and filler mounting holes at the rear of the vehicle.
There are 2 holes and a welded on clip on each side of the vehicle that will require additional work later.
Test fit the part to verify fitment. Often a small amount of trimming at the bottom sides of the original valance is needed.
Using a cutoff tool, remove enough metal from the inner corners of the outer bumper shock boxes inside the trunk to allow room to work later(this will be where the Euro bumper attaching nut will be).
The new valance is not a structural part of the vehicle and does not need much adhesive to attach.
Apply bonder adhesive such as SEM#39747 evenly every 3-4 " in a 1" puddle (like cookie dough on a sheet)and clamp.
Important: Be sure to apply bonder all around the outer most rectangular holes(this will prevent any cracking of the panel when tightening the bumper bracket hardware).
Bonder should not be used as a sealant. Appropriate body sealer should be used to seal holes from the trunk, the top and underside seams after the panel is installed. Leave a couple openings at the bottom seam for drainage.
Unlike US vehicles, typical Euro E28s have stone/chip guard at the bottom of the quarter panels that wraps slightly around the valance but does not go across the entire rear valance(typically a vertical masking line is visible just short of the lower lip). Depending on your preference stone/chip guard can be installed over the entire valance or like the Euro cars, can be masked and applied to cover the filled and prepped seam at each side.

Euro Bumper install:
Drill one small pilot hole where the Euro bumper attaches on each side(outer most rectangular holes used by fillers). Enlarge the hole as needed until the Euro bumper fits best.
For best long term results use body sealer or butyl around the bolts holding the bumper to the body.

The euro bumpers are much shorter than the US ones and as a result the US exhaust tips will protrude far too much as well as the US valance has an offset exit from the muffler. A muffler shop can cut off the tips from the muffler and weld new straight shorter tips. We intentionally made the exhaust opening slightly wider than original in order to protect the panel from heat, abrasion and allow for many types of exhaust tips and sizes. We suggest 55-70mm straight cut thick wall stainless.
svveetmikko

Post by svveetmikko »

Hi Ron. Pm sent.
Coast Motor Werk

Coast Motor Werk wrote: May 13, 2021 4:35 PM So after searching for months for a good euro rear valance and not finding any in reasonable shape (new originals are NLA), I was forced to have the rear valance fabricated. The client's US M5 is perfect and never damaged. The Euro conversion valance fits very well and conveniently covers the US bumper shock and filler screw holes. I used my euro E28 (Burt) as the template and had the US M5 here for final fitment. The thin fiberglass is intended to be installed with panel bonder and then filled at the ends. We designed it to fully extend up and behind the rear euro bumper and hide the US bumper shock holes. It's a very nice fit and looks great! The installation is quite simple however should be done by a competent body shop. The part is well made and has the correct lip on the underside and around the exhaust opening.
$350 each, plus S&H.

Instructions:

Euro Bumper install:

Pics on DropBox updated 8/20/2021, I will add more of the install.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s1ddiku4bqh8 ... zON-a?dl=0
Install pics updated!
Coast Motor Werk

10/28/2021
Updated finished pics on Dropbox.
Coast Motor Werk

mynameistaken wrote: May 16, 2021 2:32 PM Hi, Ron—

I’m definitely interested. Do you have any photos of the installed part and what is required to get it fitted onto the car?

I’m planning a euro bumper swap and would like to do as much of the work myself to keep the cost down.

Jeff
See updated pics on Dropbox.