F/S: New shadowlined tail lights

Buy, sell, or trade parts.
gray635

F/S: New shadowlined tail lights

Post by gray635 »

Guys:

I have a set of new shadowlined tail lights for sale, including bulb holders (no bulbs). Price for both is $600 plus shipping. Current price from Steve at BluntTech is $450 each. The tail lights have the following issues:

1. The left light had a very small paint chip on the outside edge - about .25 inch or less, touched up with flat black paint.
2. The right tail light has a water leak - apparently not well sealed on the top edge of the metal frame. Could be sealed with black silicone and would not be detectible when installed.

The quality of the new made-in-Spain Hella tail lights is VERY poor. :evil: I've bought 2 sets for the M535i, trying to find perfect parts - there's no such thing. The right light on the car now still leaks a bit.

Since KillerPM took down the uploader, I've been unable to figure out how to post photos on the board. I'd be glad to email pix to any interested party.

Thanks,
Mike
Akkord29

Re: F/S: New shadowlined tail lights

Post by Akkord29 »

Are these factory shadowline lights or painted afterwards? I thought the drivers side was NLA.
wkohler

Post by wkohler »

They are factory shadowline tail lamps. Mike bought them brand new about a year ago. And they are also EURO factory shadowline tail lamps.

Mike if you want to send me your photos I can put them up for you.
Akkord29

Post by Akkord29 »

Do you know the differences between US and Europe lights offhand?
wkohler

Post by wkohler »

Yes. Euro tail lights have a socket and metal reflector for the rear fog lamp section.
gray635

Post by gray635 »

Hey, Chris! Thanks for the backup on these. I'll try to take a few photos this weekend and email those to you. I kinda chuckled when I saw the post about the possibility of these being "homemade" shadowlined! :rofl: Thought my rep around here was better than that!

BTW, both sides are available new if you want to go that route. Good luck getting something other than a POS part, though. Steve at BluntTech has ordered me at least 3 sets in total and he's returned several lights upon receipt from BMW, before they ever got to me.
Akkord29

Post by Akkord29 »

gray635 wrote:Hey, Chris! Thanks for the backup on these. I'll try to take a few photos this weekend and email those to you. I kinda chuckled when I saw the post about the possibility of these being "homemade" shadowlined! :rofl: Thought my rep around here was better than that!
:D you got a little more street cred with me now, haha. I haven't been around here long enough

Totally understand about the broken lights. I went with the new chrome ones for my m5 which will be homemade :( . Well one light came busted. You got me thinking of the euro version now....
gray635

Post by gray635 »

F/S post bump. Chris K offered to post up some photos for me. Sent those to Chris tonight and appreciate the help.
wkohler

Post by wkohler »

I was the one to initially install these lamps in Mike's car. They were brand new out of the box and he paid a princely sum for them - considerably more than the asking price. Definitely worth it if you have been considering new lamps. Also having purchased parts from Mike before, there's no need to worry about anything. These will probably be some of the best-packed stuff you've ever seen.

Here are the photos Mike sent me:

gray635

Post by gray635 »

Thanks for the tech support with the photos, Chris! Gotta figure out how to do this without the uploader. Youngest daughter's coming home this weekend, so maybe I can get some instruction.
MicahO

Post by MicahO »

I'll take them Mike - email inbound.
wkohler

Post by wkohler »

See how the pictures work?
MicahO

Post by MicahO »

:) Pictures, and plenty of good history buying Mike's old stuff!

Having another set of these around will help with my whore-ding. :laugh:
gray635

Post by gray635 »

wkohler wrote:See how the pictures work?
Yeah, this crowd loves to see photographs. Wonder if they'd like to see pictures of my grandsons? :laugh:

Micah: I just responded to your email. Glad you could use these.

Thanks,
Mike

-- Added Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:56 pm --

Lights are sold to MicahO. Thanks for the interest.
Ordnator

Post by Ordnator »

Back in the UK in 2016, I went through 5 sets at the main stealer before we landed on a good working set straight out of the box.

Spanish quality control was noticeably absent with an 80% return rate :shock:

Take some time to check these before you leave the main dealers particularly if they are "Made in Spain".

Not knocking Spain just my experience with a BMW sub contractor's sub-optimal quality control.

Best regards,

Mick
gray635

Post by gray635 »

Thread resurrection!! :laugh:

BTW, I've got a few used shadowlined tail lights (not "Made in Spain") that I might be willing to part with if someone needs a spare or two.

Mike
Urbanmotorsports35

Post by Urbanmotorsports35 »

Hey mike!. I’m interested in the sets you have remaining! Give me a call or shoot a text! 7633506017