Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread. Post your experiences here.

Buy, sell, or trade parts.
south26

Re: Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread. Post your experiences here

Post by south26 »

Hopefully you did not send as a gift. I would contact PayPal now with a dispute.

Andy
m3 euro ltw

Post by m3 euro ltw »

Nebraska_e28 wrote:
proto17 wrote:Johnmatukas joined today and has sent me the same message 4 times for 2 different posts and hasn't responded. Both posts he was referencing have been WTB's that I have already closed out. Probably a bad idea to deal with them.
Thanks for posting this. He contacted me too 3x & hasn't responded to me. Spam suspect.
I'm new to feedback in the forum.

I had posted a WTB... guy responded quickly in PM only, not to thread. I shared phone number with him. I was trying to buy a valve cover for S38B35. He said he had one, sent me an image of one. I'm busy, and since it took him a week or so to respond to my PM back to him... didn't think there was a "RUSH" to complete transaction. He wanted Money-Gram for payment. He also offered I send him an ITune card when I wasn't thrilled with the app's ratings for phone use. Guy called with "No ID" on his phone number, and wouldn't let up with phone calls. I think I got 7 in a row this AM at work. DEF not sending this guy money, especially now that his account is gone.
Nebraska_e28
Beamter
Beamter

Post by Nebraska_e28 »

m3 euro ltw wrote:
Nebraska_e28 wrote:
proto17 wrote:Johnmatukas joined today and has sent me the same message 4 times for 2 different posts and hasn't responded. Both posts he was referencing have been WTB's that I have already closed out. Probably a bad idea to deal with them.
Thanks for posting this. He contacted me too 3x & hasn't responded to me. Spam suspect.
I'm new to feedback in the forum.

I had posted a WTB... guy responded quickly in PM only, not to thread. I shared phone number with him. I was trying to buy a valve cover for S38B35. He said he had one, sent me an image of one. I'm busy, and since it took him a week or so to respond to my PM back to him... didn't think there was a "RUSH" to complete transaction. He wanted Money-Gram for payment. He also offered I send him an ITune card when I wasn't thrilled with the app's ratings for phone use. Guy called with "No ID" on his phone number, and wouldn't let up with phone calls. I think I got 7 in a row this AM at work. DEF not sending this guy money, especially now that his account is gone.
He's been deleted.
41magfan

Post by 41magfan »

another plus 1 for Andy South26, fast shipment
thanks !
south26

Post by south26 »

41magfan wrote:another plus 1 for Andy South26, fast shipment
thanks !

Thanks, easy person to work with/sell to.

Andy
Bonsaibacker

Post by Bonsaibacker »

proto17 wrote:Great interaction with doyfola! Bought a gas tank for my '88 535i that looked brand new :) Very friendly and will likely do business with again!
Similar experience. Bought his SAAB moonroof and it was packed impeccably. Clearly he takes care of his stuff and would purchase from him again.

Thanks Doyfola!
LarryM

Post by LarryM »

I'm obligated to get up to speed and give a big thumbs-up to a couple of reputable guys from whom I've purchased major parts:

Alpinass (Paul) - A few years ago I bought a 3.64 LSD from him. He said it was originally from an E34 and had been resealed. Since then I've driven my car almost 10K miles, and it's performed flawlessly. It was reasonably priced, too.

vviking (Sherman) - While gathering parts for my E24's 5-speed conversion, I bought a 265/6 tranny from him and it turned out to be a bad one (extremely noisy 1st gear, probably bearings on their way out). Neither of us knew it was bad until my conversion was completed over a year later, yet he stood behind it and found a good replacement for me which has worked out fine. I also bought a resurfaced M5/533 flywheel from him. He's a great guy to do business with.
VZehn

Post by VZehn »

Aplinass endorsement!

Just purchased from Alpinass a recovered e28 dashboard in German vinyl. Arrived in packaging that kept it safe and secure. It's a wonderful bit of workmanship, very high quality. And Paul is very easy and responsive to deal with.

Please don't hesitate to work with Paul.
Nebraska_e28
Beamter
Beamter

Post by Nebraska_e28 »

Thanks to G28I for the midnight parts assist!

Also props to kojo96 for bird doging a Recaro for me!

And Eric Q. for an awesome deal on a well represented e23!
anpk05

Post by anpk05 »

+1 for south26.

Easy and the misc parts were here in decent shipping time. Thanks.

-- Added Oct 10, 2018 10:50 PM --

+1+1+1 for G28I,

Always helped me out on parts regardless the time of day.
Thanks
Bonsaibacker

Post by Bonsaibacker »

VZehn wrote:Aplinass endorsement!

Just purchased from Alpinass a recovered e28 dashboard in German vinyl. Arrived in packaging that kept it safe and secure. It's a wonderful bit of workmanship, very high quality. And Paul is very easy and responsive to deal with.

Please don't hesitate to work with Paul.
Another endorsement for Paul. Rear seat in better condition than description. Thank you Paul!
Preyupy

Post by Preyupy »

There is a person going by the name of Pavel Jordi Overmars from Surbiton in the UK advertising the engine from a M6 chassis #WBAEE1415J2561765 for sale. It was on a Craig's list add in London. I contacted him and I made arrangements for it to be delivered to a shipper to crate it and ship it to me in the US. I put a deposit on the engine and he immediately stopped all communication.

I transferred the funds to his bank account and I have contacted the bank to inform them about this, I don't expect I will ever hear from him again and I'll chalk this up to a learning experience but I am going to be as public with this as I can and hope to keep someone else from falling for this scam.
BONDOSPECIAL

Post by BONDOSPECIAL »

Overdrive sold me a neat vintage 1980's refurbished leather Hella sport steering wheel, shipped from Latvia to the US. The steering wheel is in perfect condition and he sent it promptly. I would not hesitate to buy from him again.
dsw99a

Post by dsw99a »

Chris Scow of Leatherwheels.com recovered a 320i sport steering wheel. It is incredible. I would use him again. fast turnaround. takes pride in his work and reasonable. i wish i could post pics. im not that saavy.
cek

Post by cek »

@jhh925 (Jens) - AAA+++ TOP SELLER. WILL BUY FROM AGAIN.

Told me he had an near perfect late-model carpet set. I believed him. He packed it well and shipped it promptly. It is as described (maybe better). Good guy and good seller.
VZehn

Post by VZehn »

Here's another great piece of work by Chris Scow - he created an OEM-like gear shift knob for me. http://leatherwheels.com/contact.htm

I had an origianl shift knob but the leather was shot, and so I sent it to him for repair. What I didn't know was that the innards were shot too - the plastic tabs that snap the knob to the gear shifter shaft had shattered. So plan B was to find a cheap replacement knob and use the innards on the original - but of course modern knobs are one-piece manufactured. I did find a replica knob (eBay!), but it wasn't leather, so I sent that to Chris to leather. I also sent him the original shift boot to sew to the leather knob, just like OEM.

Chris is excellent to work with - he was very heplful in creating a solution. And his leather work us first-rate.

amagansa

Post by amagansa »

Received some lowering springs from user Igglybob, easy transaction, full disclosure and didn't try to hide anything. arrived exactly as advertised. Would buy again.
canyoncarver

Post by canyoncarver »

hats off to sherman martinez,..picked up a set of sways for my e34, great packing, quick painless transaction ! highly recommended !!
Sam 84, 533i

Post by Sam 84, 533i »

Thanks WVe28

Very fast in communication and provided good photos of parts. Notified me when it was in the mail as well as when to expect it. Arrived as described and well packaged. Perfect transaction! Thanks
Ordnator

Post by Ordnator »

Had a great cross-border transaction with David, Kojo96.

Communications were clear, action prompt, packaging A1 and the goods were as described.

Looking forward to doing business with David again in the future.

Thank you David.
Ordnator

Post by Ordnator »

Had a great transatlantic transaction with Felipe, "dogabon".

Excellent communications, prompt shipping with A1 packaging of some NOS yellow fog lamp lenses, that even Canada post couldn't break.

I recommend Felipe without hesitation.

Thank you Felipe.

Also has a great cross border transaction with Andy, "south26".

Clear communications, good packaging, prompt shipping and the goods were as described.

Thank you Andy.

Gentlemen, it has been a pleasure doing business again and I look forward to doing more business with you both in the future.

Regards,

Mick
SPF2006

Post by SPF2006 »

Not technically a buyer/seller transaction but a shout out to jimoreno who was very helpful with some technical questions I had related to the e38, even went so far as to send me a spare ignition switch for me to swap onto the car to assist with the troubleshooting. Thank you Jimmy!
Ordnator

Post by Ordnator »

Had a great cross border transaction with Peter, "schnitzel#boy".

Clear communications, good packaging, prompt shipping and the goods were as described.

It has been a pleasure doing business with you and I look forward to doing more business with you in the future.

Thank you Peter.

Regards,

Mick
doug

Post by doug »

Had a pleasant and unexpected run-in with a fellow mye28-er during a recent purchase. When I saw the neighborhood littered with e34s an e23 and an e28, I figured something was up. Thanks, kojo96. Would buy again.
Hffvdbl

Post by Hffvdbl »

Another great experience with Andy. Can't say enough great things about this seller. He has sold me (and the rest of us) many parts and I'm always impressed with his fair prices, packing and how fast he sends things. This time he sold me a B35 intake and packed it incredibly well to prevent damage.

Thanks again Andy (South26)