FS: Sway bar reinforcement kits

Buy, sell, or trade parts.
akluminus

FS: Sway bar reinforcement kits

Post by akluminus »

All - I have a few kits from the last batch still to sell. If you haven't seen these kits before, the rear kit reinforces the rear sway bar mounting brackets, which are prone to breaking off. The front kit entirely replaces the mounting point to allow for higher quality and larger bushings and bars to be used. These are not a bolt on upgrade, but will require at a minimum a welder and grinder, or professional installation. See below for full installation instructions.

The front kit. Replaces the existing mount point allowing you use standard poly bushings. In the past, you could use the OEM m5 mounts, but they are NLA. Brackets, hardware, grease, and bushings included. Replacement bushings, if you change sway bars, can be purchased from Energy Suspension.

The rear kit. This reinforces the existing mount. You use the bushings that were supplied with the sway bar.

Note that some early 533i chassis, and maybe early 633 Csi chassis use a different mount for the rear bars. These kits are for the later model years that look like this:

Front Installation Instructions:
E24FSB001InstallationInstructions.pdf

Rear Installation Instructions:
E24RSB001InstallationInstructions.pdf

$120 for a front set, $40 for a rear, or $160 for both. A single front and/or rear set will be shipped for $8 USPS Priority Mail. Specify your front sway bar diameter; right now 22mm (the Suspension Techniques adjustable bar) and 25 mm (stock m5 bar) are in stock. For US orders, PayPal works best: sales@limitedslipengineering.com, and please include your MyE28 handle and desired front bushing size. For international orders, please email me at aaron@limitedslipeng.com for shipping estimates prior to order.

Aaron
Last edited by akluminus on Jun 23, 2023 9:14 AM, edited 7 times in total.
ldsbeaker

Re: FS: Sway bar reinforcement kits

Post by ldsbeaker »

Finally! In for a front set, 25mm.
jdb

Post by jdb »

Looks like a well made set for the $ Aaron,
I made brackets the last time I did this improvment and it took quite awhile.
This looks like a real time saver for me!!

Jeff
akluminus

Post by akluminus »

I have a few more sets left if anyone wants to fix their sway bar mounts permanently.

Aaron
akluminus

Post by akluminus »

As I expected, this tiny market for e28/e24 reinforcement kits has nearly been saturated. Maybe I made them too well? :) I updated the first post in this thread to correct the broken links.

I do have two front kits left and a handful of rear kits left. Once these are gone, I will probably need to get at least about 10 preorders before I can make another set.

Aaron
akluminus

Post by akluminus »

Alternatively, if there is a need for other small volume non-existent parts, I'm all ears. These usually aren't big money makers, but helping out the e28/e24 community is always worthwhile.

Aaron
Cjames570

Post by Cjames570 »

I don't have either of those sway bars... is it possible to get them without any brackets? I am interested in front and rear

Thanks
akluminus

Post by akluminus »

I'm not sure I'm following you - are you interested in a kit without bushings, so you can supply your own size? The fronts use standard energy suspension poly sway bar bushings, and I can drop the price by $20 if you don't want the front bushings.

Aaron
Cjames570 wrote:I don't have either of those sway bars... is it possible to get them without any brackets? I am interested in front and rear

Thanks
Cjames570

Post by Cjames570 »

you got it..... so itll be 96 shipped for front and rear no bushing?
akluminus

Post by akluminus »

Cjames570 wrote:you got it..... so itll be 96 shipped for front and rear no bushing?
That is correct. Paypal is preferrable: sales@limitedslipengineering.com

Aaron
cfisher

Post by cfisher »

PM'd
Cjames570

Post by Cjames570 »

paypal sent
akluminus

Post by akluminus »

Update, appreciate all the interest!

The last front set has been spoken for, but there are a few rear sets remaining. I can make another round of fronts, but need 10 commitments for purchases of fronts before making them.

Aaron
akluminus

Post by akluminus »

Thanks for the orders everyone, my inventory is pretty much cleaned out except for one rear set. I do have 2 interested here in a front set already I've already spoken with. Would there be any others? I wouldn't ask for a deposit, just enough interest, and I'll put another batch together.

Aaron
TheGraye28

Post by TheGraye28 »

1. TheGraye28

Proceed....
ldsbeaker

Post by ldsbeaker »

Me 2. I contacted you, then never sent $$, so no parts! Funny how that works...
I would be interested in two sets.
josepilove

Post by josepilove »

I'm interested in an m5 set.
RondoAcapriccio

Post by RondoAcapriccio »

1. TheGraye28
2. Rondoacapriccio (FRONT and REAR)
akluminus

Post by akluminus »

Hey all - I've definitely received enough interest to put together another round of reinforcement kits. It'll take about 2-3 weeks before I can ship them.

If you want to get in, I've attempted to make things a bit easier by allowing you to order from here:
http://mkt.com/LimitedslipEngLLC

Note that right now the only stock is 2 rear kits, which could ship immediately. Otherwise, I'll post updates here on estimated shipping dates and inventory. Feel free to order now to secure your kit, or wait until I get more in.

Thanks, and let me know if you have any questions - more details on the first post here.

Aaron
akluminus

Post by akluminus »

For those on the list or that emailed me waiting for the next round, the next batch is in and ready to ship.

If you are in the US, use this site to order: http://mkt.com/LimitedslipEngLLC

Contact me via email if you are outside the US: sales@limitedslipengineering.com

Thanks!

Aaron
JLav211

Post by JLav211 »

Anyone know if these are still available?

Have a question as well: an earlier thread dropping the tank is a necessity to install. Is this really necessary? Only reason I ask is because this level of engineering is costly for those of us without tools ($96/hour shop rates...), so I'm wondering if the juice is worth the squeeze in terms of labor to get sway bars at all.

Kind of a long-winded question but I didn't know if the fuel tank measure was being extra-extra cautious in terms of liability concerns with amateur installs, or if even the most talented mechanic in the world will need to move the tank out of the way.

Thanks,

Jeff
akluminus

Post by akluminus »

Hi Jeff, Aaron here. I have one front kit left and a few rear kits. I can make more if needed, but the lead time is usually a few weeks.

I installed the rear kit on my car w/o the fuel tank in as part of a safety measure given the welding and grinding in the area and the proximity to the tank. I can't speak for others' methods, however. You can access all parts/sides of the mount and reinforcement kit with the tank installed.

Aaron
JLav211 wrote:Anyone know if these are still available?

Have a question as well: an earlier thread dropping the tank is a necessity to install. Is this really necessary? Only reason I ask is because this level of engineering is costly for those of us without tools ($96/hour shop rates...), so I'm wondering if the juice is worth the squeeze in terms of labor to get sway bars at all.

Kind of a long-winded question but I didn't know if the fuel tank measure was being extra-extra cautious in terms of liability concerns with amateur installs, or if even the most talented mechanic in the world will need to move the tank out of the way.

Thanks,

Jeff
akluminus

Post by akluminus »

Correction: I am just now out of front kits, and have 4 rear kits left.

Aaron
austin_caccavo

Post by austin_caccavo »

Just received my front/rear set. Very pleased with the quality and design of the brackets.
Would recommend :up:
Ordnator

Post by Ordnator »

Hi Aaron,

I am interested in two front kits (with M5 25mm bushings) and two rear kits.

When do you expect to have some more kits and how much to ship to the UK?

Thanks,

Mick