SOLD: E28 crack free dash, excellent texture/color

Buy, sell, or trade parts.
kojo96

SOLD: E28 crack free dash, excellent texture/color

Post by kojo96 »

E28 dash that is 100% crack free. Texture/color is even and consistent throughout. Only 2 flaws, slight warping at the top center vent near the top Left and the bottom of the dash forward center vents.
Missing the metal bracket on the passenger side that secures the dash inside the glovebox area, I have no idea how that came to be but your old bracket can be riveted in. Still has the original vin tag in place.
$1150 OBO Picked up in the Bay Area (94587). If you want it shipped I will be happy to drop off at a local FedEx and you can arrange to have them pack/ship it. The charge for packing is really reasonable.

Last edited by kojo96 on Oct 24, 2020 1:31 PM, edited 1 time in total.
cek

Re: FS: E28 crack free dash, excellent texture/color

Post by cek »

The bend is interesting! I think the only way that could happen is a crash.
kojo96

Post by kojo96 »

cek wrote: Oct 18, 2020 10:52 AM The bend is interesting! I think the only way that could happen is a crash.
The car this came out of wasn't hit, the warp is caused by heat, the foam under the vinyl is sensitive to heat. I'll pull the center vent and repair this, repost images later this week.
wkohler

Post by wkohler »

Personally, I have no experience with an E28 dashboard warping. This kind of behavior is common on the dashes seen in E34-era cars, but not on these. I have likely one of the most severely cracked dashes out there and my vents still fit snugly with no gaps. As I mentioned previously, this dash is also tweaked near where the OBC/clock goes next to the cluster and you can see a crease below the left edge of the center vent. I can't speak to how it happened, but it's there and I don't believe it's just warped. I'm sure it's fixable but likely a risky fix.

Here are two more photos that illustrate it a bit better followed by a couple photos of a different dash followed by a photo of my dash which is cracked all the way through in multiple spots.

Das_Prachtstrasse

Post by Das_Prachtstrasse »

The only time I’ve ever seen an e28 dash exhibit this type of warping is from a heavy impact to the A-pillar. These dashes typically don’t warp in the sun, they instead crack to relieve the thermal stress.
kojo96

Post by kojo96 »

I'd think a hard hit at either A pillar would render the dash not usable, or at the least cause damage at the side vents.
mmulloy123

Post by mmulloy123 »

Please PM me Thanks Mike...