Delete

Buy, sell, or trade parts.
piperbrothers

Delete

Post by piperbrothers »

Please close thread.
Last edited by piperbrothers on Jun 15, 2020 1:27 AM, edited 2 times in total.

Freude am Fahren

Re: Alpina by Ronal 16x7 & 8

Post by Freude am Fahren »

Want but even pooling the stimulus check from the whole household won’t cover it

piperbrothers

Post by piperbrothers »

I know I’m probably dreaming at that number but two sets identical to these have gone for $5k & $5.5k on BAT without tires.

Burnze

Post by Burnze »

piperbrothers wrote:
Jun 04, 2020 10:02 AM
I know I’m probably dreaming at that number but two sets identical to these have gone for $5k & $5.5k on BAT without tires.
If you want that amount of cash BAT would be a better choice. These are really nice so you may even get what you’re asking. The social aspect of BAT makes the bidding wars insane. Lots of people with money that don’t like to be out-bid in front of their other rich friends.

Around here, they still go for $2500.

piperbrothers

Post by piperbrothers »

That seems a little low. I paid more than that on here 2 years ago. But if my track record with all the money I've dumped into my E28 is any kind of an indicator, I am an idiot!

ahab

Post by ahab »

I'm not calling anyone an idiot but unless you go to BaT, that's an unrealistic price. Don't get me wrong, I hope you get it, but there's another opportunist on Ebay right now quoting recent BaT sales figures and trying to get $3,400 OBO. Maybe you should buy that set too and then you'll command the market and can ask whatever you want. Muuuhhahhhhahahhaaa

PIcs of the Disco?

Burnze

Post by Burnze »

piperbrothers wrote:
Jun 04, 2020 12:52 PM
That seems a little low. I paid more than that on here 2 years ago. But if my track record with all the money I've dumped into my E28 is any kind of an indicator, I am an idiot!
They are refinished and have tires. They’ll do great on BAT.

piperbrothers

Post by piperbrothers »

I'm torn because I am going to sell the car they're on and I have a feeling the Alpinas won't add much. I'm already going to be taking a severe beating; I paid $15k for the car and have put more than $15k into it. And it will probably trade for $15k (see "idiot" reference above)
Price change to $3500

gray635

Post by gray635 »

Fairly priced with the nice tires. Just sent my Alpinas to Paul Ehrlich for refinishing. FedEx will show up with them tomorrow - like Christmas in June! :D GLWS

I know JUST HOW YOU FEEL about your e28 - same deal with my euro 635 project car. We obviously don't do this sort of stuff to turn a profit. :shock:

reesesboot

Post by reesesboot »

$3500 is a great price. Other than what others have posted from BAT (those prices are just ridiculous), I can give some perspective on refinishing and mounting the same tires as OPs on mine. Keep in mind these prices are from 2015!

Closed lug wheels: $1650 I think?
Strip, paint, clear: $800
New keys, locks, all 8 gaskets, emblems: $300?
Michelin tires: $800

Total: ~ $3550

Spen

Post by Spen »

Don't forget inflation. If a painting goes for 100 million usd fiat (currency not italian car) confetti bucks, I'd say a usable set of nla wheels is worth 3500 simoleans.

Wheel price normalcy bias scheduled programming may be interrupted with the print button stuck on.

Don't let em get looted, whoever gets the lucky set of wheels!

wkohler

Post by wkohler »

What’s the extra hole for in the center? Doesn’t look like these started life as closed lug wheels since they have the right numbers.

I thought the $4500 was reasonable but the black paint needs to be redone. Two $5k plus sales says that’s the market. 5 years ago they were $3500 wheels but the refinish on these isn’t at that level.

piperbrothers

Post by piperbrothers »

The refinisher (Frank Frankel) said the black paint was supposed to go 3mm outside of the lug center, so that is what he did. I didn't specify how to do the black centers.

Two people have asked me about shipping but for some reason my replies are stuck in the "outbox"; I just got the wheels off the car on Saturday and haven't been to the UPS store, but I will pack and ship them in the continental US for $250. If it's less than that I will refund the difference to the buyer.

wkohler

Post by wkohler »

The replies are in your outbox because the recipient hasn’t read them.

The black paint clearly does not extend 3mm as it is supposed to but I’m not surprised since Frank is a hack and a scammer. Still a good deal with the tires in the current market.