In-Tank Fuel Pump Plug Housing Info

E28 technical advice asked and given! Troubleshooting, modifications and more.
harrypalmer

In-Tank Fuel Pump Plug Housing Info

Post by harrypalmer »

Any idea what is this plug part number and the metal connectors inside please? I cannot seem to find it on RealOem. Thank you in advance.

Mike W.

Re: In-Tank Fuel Pump Plug Housing Info

Post by Mike W. »

Probably just part of the wiring harness and not available separately. However, you can extract the terminals and get the right sized ones, I forget what size they are, however it's going to be very hard to find them with the locking tab that keeps it in the plug.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?
harrypalmer

Re: In-Tank Fuel Pump Plug Housing Info

Post by harrypalmer »

Mike W. wrote: Jun 23, 2022 4:08 PM Probably just part of the wiring harness and not available separately. However, you can extract the terminals and get the right sized ones, I forget what size they are, however it's going to be very hard to find them with the locking tab that keeps it in the plug.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?
Hello Mike,
Those wires that connect to the pump are making the gauge do erratic things, from going very, very slowly to the middle and then going all the way to full, even when the tank is not. So I've noticed the thick brown wire was torn a bit so I cut them all three for good measure and put them back together to the terminal but now the gauge needle goes immediately, and fast all the way to full.

So I'm thinking I'd like to replace the entire length of those three wires and see if that solves the problem.

BTW, I modified the fuel system to a single Walbro In-Tank pump and replaced (twice). Thanks for your reply.