Manual Comfort Seat Plastic Adjuster

E28 technical advice asked and given! Troubleshooting, modifications and more.
Dimm6

Manual Comfort Seat Plastic Adjuster

Post by Dimm6 »

I was looking for a part number or anyone who is selling the plastic handle that attaches to the manual comfort seats forward and back adjuster. I’ve searched online and all I find is the newer plastic handles for the newer cars. I did find a few entire bases that come with the entire handle attached, but it’s not what I’m looking for.

If anyone can help with either a part number or can steer me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Specifically it’s for the passenger side plastic handle that moves the seat back and forth on manual comfort seats.

At the moment I can’t move that seat forwards or backwards because I can’t get the handle to move. Either previous owners broke the plastic handle off because they tried too hard to move the seat or there isn’t enough leverage on the part that’s left to move the seat. Any help or advice is appreciated.
///M

Re: Manual Comfort Seat Plastic Adjuster

Post by ///M »

The part number is 52 10 1 934 417 and should be available from the BMW dealer. Do a search with the number.
It is common to most seats e23,24,28,30 and any of those should be available used.
Dimm6

Post by Dimm6 »

Unfortunately that’s the handle for the sport seats and seats after 1985. I have a 1983 model with the comfort seats. It’s a different shape than the one you posted the part number for. I checked realoem.com and they don’t even list it. Not giving up though.
///M

Post by ///M »

For the older cars try 52101873448
http://bmwfans.info/parts-catalog/E28/U ... #1873448_9
They are different left and right.
kojo96

Post by kojo96 »

Mike W.

Post by Mike W. »

If they are anywhere near as cheap and available as they appear to be, buy a new one. If they are unobtainium as things sometimes are, let me know, I've got a set of E12 manual bases I could grab one off of, assuming it would come off. But they've seen some sun and a new one would be better.
Dimm6

Post by Dimm6 »

///M wrote: May 28, 2022 3:14 PM For the older cars try 52101873448
http://bmwfans.info/parts-catalog/E28/U ... #1873448_9
They are different left and right.
Thanks for the link. I needed the right seat adjuster. I just ordered one from Turner. You guys are the best.