1984 528e headlight wiring problems

E28 technical advice asked and given! Troubleshooting, modifications and more.
ASCIIAS

1984 528e headlight wiring problems

Post by ASCIIAS »

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/euynNRO9VmTW

Hello I'm having some issues getting my lights to work. As u can see in the picture there aftermarket lights that had the same plug as the us e28. I rewired the old plugs they were split in a number of places so I soldered in new plugs same as stock. And now I'm having this issue where all my headlights come on as brights?. There's now low beam if I flip the switch they all kick on high and won't turn off unless I turn the car off and flip the switch to bright then off back to bright then they turn off.. I did each plug just as it was stock and I didn't have this issue with the stock lights.. if anyone can link me to something that might help or have experience with the wiring and might be able to guide me to the solution.. I'd be very grateful
ASCIIAS

Re: 1984 528e headlight wiring problems

Post by ASCIIAS »

I'd also like to add that I've tested all the relayes and they all seem to work.. they have a resistance of .2 idk if that good or bad. They all click when power is put to them.. ive also got a new ish switch that came from a low milage car.. but it seems that the switch or relays aren't working.. idk again I'd appreciate ant help