Simons Exhaust, anyone used it?

E28 technical advice asked and given! Troubleshooting, modifications and more.
robertodonnell

Simons Exhaust, anyone used it?

Post by robertodonnell »

Hey all,

I spotted this as an alternative to using a Supersprint system. No, it's not eye candy like the Italian stuff, but looks solid enough. Has anyone used one, or have feedback about the durability of Simons on other cars?

"Sports rear silencer Simons 2 x D70MM tailpipes 035-H4" https://www.schmiedmann.es/en/product/1 ... uct=035-H4

Cheers,

Rob
Giuliano

Re: Simons Exhaust, anyone used it?

Post by Giuliano »

Maybe a little late ...
I have a Simons exhaust on my 520i E28, It was the cheapest option I had at the time (the rear muffler was missing when I got the car, the rest of the exhaust looked quite rusty, plus I was putting in a bigger engine and didn't want possible restriction from the original single tube exhaust).
The installation was quite easy, everything lined up without problem.
Can't comment on the durability has I put it on only an year ago, from the looks and the feeling seems to be made of quality material, doesn't feel super cheap.
What I can tell you is that it is LOUD, it has a nice growl around 2000/3000 rpm, sounds very aggressive, but it can be annoying after a while specially with the windows open, at least that's on my car wich is running a little frankstein stroker (eta bottom end, 731 head from a B20, a B25 camshaft, intake and throttle body, and running with the mechanical distributor and the original b20 l-jetronic injection).
Sorry I don't have any clip of how it sound on my car, you can find some clip on youtube of other E28 running with it.
It's not much I know.
robertodonnell

Re: Simons Exhaust, anyone used it?

Post by robertodonnell »

Thanks for your reply Guiliano.

I did go ahead and purchase a Simons system, it's been hung on the car just this weekend. I have a bit of work to do on headers and the like before I can hear it, but if it's like you say then I may have to fit some extra resonators!

Cheers,

Robert