Bilstein shock replacement parts

E28 technical advice asked and given! Troubleshooting, modifications and more.
Mike MPD

Bilstein shock replacement parts

Post by Mike MPD »

Any leads on where I can source bilstein shock replacement parts?

I purchased a set of used sport shocks but realized I'm missing a few bits I'll need for install. I need the dust boots with the plastic collar that holds them in place for the fronts and the spring perch for the rears.

I sent a message to bilstein directly but still waiting on a response.
Blue Shadow

Re: Bilstein shock replacement parts

Post by Blue Shadow »

https://www.google.com/search?q=bilstei ... e&ie=UTF-8

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/forum/ ... -dust-boot

and when you talk to Bilstein, they probably have the spring perch available, too.

I have a plastic ring or two and maybe a spring perch but if you are gonna go Bilstein for parts one order should get it all.
Mike MPD

Post by Mike MPD »

Still stuck on this. I've have contacted Bilstein and have obtained part #'s but every supplier they have sent me to say they cannot sell me the parts.

FCP euro said they do not sell those parts, I placed an order with ECS tuning in March. They told me parts had shipped from Bilstein and were on the way to them. They then canceled my order without notice and have stopped responding to my emails. Summit racing has one part in stock, one part not available until august, and one part not available at all.

Any help appreciated, or used parts, whatever.

Still searching for E4-B36-886A (qty 2), E4-B46-448 (qty 2), and E4-B46-670 (qty 2), but Ill probably go ahead and order the dust boots from summit since they are in stock.
Federico

Post by Federico »

The plastic collar is BMW p/n 31311127285
Boot is 31321128548
Don't know about the perch.