M30 Equal Length Exhaust Manifold

E28 technical advice asked and given! Troubleshooting, modifications and more.
ROOTS.

M30 Equal Length Exhaust Manifold

Post by ROOTS. »

Hi Guys,

As i am sure some of you have seen on Facebook and instagram, i have collaborated with BTB Exhausts in the UK to design, tool and produce a large primary equal length 6>2 exhaust manifold and 2>2 downpipe for the M30 engine.

This manifold is specifically designed to fit RHD cars as the engine mount and steering box restrict this design philosophy, unlike LHD cars. That being said, the manifold will also fit LHD cars too albeit intended for European / RHD market where this sort of manifold is not available.

The manifold will be adapted to fit E12 too also a 4 bolt flange with M88 powered E28 and E24 cars so BTB Exhausts should have a solution for the majority of vehicles. It is worth noting that the prototype was designed on a E28 Alpina B9 3.5 which i was unaware used a different RHD DRIVERS side engine mount to the traditional E28 M535i/535i - so this will be needed and will be noted if anyone wishes to order a similar manifold to mine.

Look pretty awesome and should really help my 3.7 litre high compression M30 breath effectively! :)

Ian
Tiit

Re: M30 Equal Length Exhaust Manifold

Post by Tiit »

Looks incredible. Does not look cheap.
ROOTS.

Post by ROOTS. »

Tiit wrote: Jan 10, 2022 2:32 PM Looks incredible. Does not look cheap.
To quote Joe Gibbs from BTB Exhausts:

“Thanks for your enquiry. The first E28 M30 manifold has still to be signed off on the car currently with Hack Engineering. Once that is done, final fitment validated and power figures confirmed, we intend to make the first batch and pre-orders will be priced at £3990 GBP (including VAT) for 6>2 manifold and 2><2 downpipe. We expect these will be ready around Easter if we get enough interest. In the meantime, we will continue to develop and adapt this design to also fit the E24 M30, E28/E24 M88 (4 bolt flange) and E12 M30 (M535i) too. These will be available for pre-order later in 2022.”
Tiit

Post by Tiit »

Nice. That price tag makes it very easy decision for me. :shock: