Holy Grail Labs - Blade Fuse Upgrade Kits

E28 technical advice asked and given! Troubleshooting, modifications and more.
Chimi-Changa

Re: Blade Fuse Retrofit Kits

Post by Chimi-Changa »

Curious- Anyone else experiencing lower vehicle voltage while running/ driving after installing one of these? Used to be in the 13-14v range while running. ( new Alternator last Spring, board was installed over summer)

Ben German noticed my voltage meter seemed lower while driving out to Limerock. Using a 12v air compressor recently in the car, it was barely working compared to how it used to work.... :dunno:
Ju@n

Post by Ju@n »

Galahad wrote: Nov 11, 2021 1:00 PM Question for people who have bought one overseas: were customs fees included in the shipping price? I haven't found a way to tell on my end.
Same as Sagi, used a freight forwarding company.
Ju@n

Post by Ju@n »

Chimi-Changa wrote: Nov 15, 2021 3:47 PM Curious- Anyone else experiencing lower vehicle voltage while running/ driving after installing one of these? Used to be in the 13-14v range while running. ( new Alternator last Spring, board was installed over summer)

Ben German noticed my voltage meter seemed lower while driving out to Limerock. Using a 12v air compressor recently in the car, it was barely working compared to how it used to work.... :dunno:
Check that you are actually charging your vehicle, alternator exciter wire goes through C101 (the connector on the side of the fusebox)
jimoreno

Post by jimoreno »

I just installed mine and apparently I screwed some wires up. I have issues with fuse 2 and 8 blowing up. I just re-opened the box (found a couple of disconnected wires and fixed these) and after going through the ETM I did realize that I had plugged two wires on the wrong spot. I'm about to this once again but the ETM doesn't list all of the fuses in the fuse box section so you have to go through the pages and find them.
The engine eventually runs but the fuse blows and then it dies so I need to fix this.
Is there a better reference out there with the colors going in and out of each fuse?
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Which fuses are you still having trouble with?
jimoreno

Post by jimoreno »

Update: After a careful review of the ETM and the bunch of pictures that you posted in Flickr I was able to find about five wires that I plugged in the wrong spot. The car is back running with no issues whatsoever!
:banana:
dabnes

Post by dabnes »

Hello Galahad,

I purchased your E28 Fuse Box upgrade on November 2nd and haven't received a confirmation or an order number to this date.
Can you please provide me with an ETA for this item. I tried going through your website for some sort of confirmation but was not successful. My payment to you was through PayPal.

Let me know if you need any more information that I can provide to you through email.
dabnes

Post by dabnes »

Hello Galahad,

I purchased your E28 Fuse Box upgrade on November 2nd and haven't received a confirmation or an order number to this date.
Can you please provide me with an ETA for this item. I tried going through your website for some sort of confirmation but was not successful. My payment to you was through PayPal.

Let me know if you need any more information that I can provide to you through email.

Thank you.
Dabnes
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

dabnes wrote: Nov 20, 2021 3:36 PM Hello Galahad,

Thank you.
Dabnes
I sent you a PM - I don't want to be giving out shipping details on a public page.
We've had issues in the past with our automatic emails getting caught in spam filters.
Hopefully we can get this resolved quickly.
Best,
Galahad

Edit for other readers: package has been located, USPS International is slow.
rcurtin

Post by rcurtin »

Just ordered one now. Can you feel the excitement through my keyboard? No? Well, it's there. Anyway, thank you Galahad for making all this happen. My slowly-descending-via-melting-plastic AC fuse thanks you in advance.
willyv124

Post by willyv124 »

Got it installed over two days on my 84 533. Interestingly, some of the connectors on my car were soldered to the terminals rather than using a connector so I had to add my own. Have gone a few drives since the install with no issues.

Thanks Galahad for this kit.

Galahad

Post by Galahad »

willyv124 wrote: Dec 28, 2021 9:14 AM Got it installed over two days on my 84 533. Interestingly, some of the connectors on my car were soldered to the terminals rather than using a connector so I had to add my own. Have gone a few drives since the install with no issues.

Thanks Galahad for this kit.
Thanks for the review, and glad the install went well! One of my reference fuse boxes was soldered as well, but you're the only one I've heard of in the field. I don't know when the cutoff for the change was.
uzayas

Post by uzayas »

Just ordered one 🤘
lswoboda

Post by lswoboda »

Where is the Flickr album, please?

I'm building up my confidence to to this. I've read the instructions, but really would like to see the pictures.

Thanks!
jayjaya29

Post by jayjaya29 »

lswoboda wrote: Feb 04, 2022 3:39 PM Where is the Flickr album, please?

I'm building up my confidence to to this. I've read the instructions, but really would like to see the pictures.

Thanks!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ckindel/a ... 7929876781
cek

Post by cek »

Hello from Holland (at @ovide's shop):

oz535i

Post by oz535i »

Aaaaaahhhhhh....Stroopwafel.....
Mr.3-5-7

Post by Mr.3-5-7 »

I just ordered mine. So excited! Thank you again for going through the trouble of developing and building these!

I am Order #1120
Shipping to AZ
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Mr.3-5-7 wrote: Feb 19, 2022 4:23 PM I just ordered mine. So excited! Thank you again for going through the trouble of developing and building these!
Glad you're excited! I got your order packed up, it'll ship out Monday.
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

E21 kits available soon!

MisterFixit

Post by MisterFixit »

cek wrote: Feb 18, 2022 10:57 AM Hello from Holland (at @ovide's shop):

Mmmmm! Looks like a version of the Italian Pizzelle, which I LOVE!
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

E21 retrofit kits are now available for preorder!
Buy Here
cdryden

Post by cdryden »

I was hoping to purchase one of these e28 Fuse Boxes on your holygraillabs.com website, however there isn't an apple pay or credit card pay option visible? Can you help me with this?

Additionally, do you make one of these for an e30 (1990 325i).

Thanks

Earl Dryden
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Hi Earl,
Both Apple Pay and credit cards are supported, along with PayPal (and maybe some other options). They should be visible when you add the kit to your cart.
My understanding is e30s use the blade fuses already so they wouldn't need a retrofit kit. If yours has the bullet fuses feel free to reach out to the support email and we can discuss further.
Hope this helps,
Galahad
SmokeyJohn102

Post by SmokeyJohn102 »

Just ordered mine. This is a wonderful retrofit! Cannot wait to install!