Holy Grail Labs - Blade Fuse Upgrade Kits

E28 technical advice asked and given! Troubleshooting, modifications and more.
Galahad

Re: Blade Fuse Retrofit Kits

Post by Galahad »

Bert-Ola wrote: Jul 26, 2021 4:42 AM Hello from Sweden.

Can you please check the total cost shipped to Sweden, so I can order and pay for one of these.
Hi Bert-Ola, happy to hear that you are interested!
The website (holygraillabs.com) handles international shipping during checkout. I just checked shipping to a random address in Sweden and the estimate was $20-40 but that may change based on your actual address. Please reach out if you have any issues and I'll be happy to assist further.
Bert-Ola

Post by Bert-Ola »

Galahad wrote: Jul 26, 2021 3:45 PM
Bert-Ola wrote: Jul 26, 2021 4:42 AM Hello from Sweden.

Can you please check the total cost shipped to Sweden, so I can order and pay for one of these.
Hi Bert-Ola, happy to hear that you are interested!
The website (holygraillabs.com) handles international shipping during checkout. I just checked shipping to a random address in Sweden and the estimate was $20-40 but that may change based on your actual address. Please reach out if you have any issues and I'll be happy to assist further.
Thank You,

I have just placed an order.
jimoreno

Post by jimoreno »

Pre-ordered.
Any idea of shipping time frame?
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

jimoreno wrote: Aug 08, 2021 5:14 PM Pre-ordered.
Any idea of shipping time frame?
I'm still on track to have all existing orders shipped before the end of the month.
Thanks for the order!
Cannabis9478

Post by Cannabis9478 »

Pre-ordered, looking forward to it.
Chimi-Changa

Post by Chimi-Changa »

Took about 3 hours to install a proto yesterday including break. Charlie's instructions and photos are excellent. I used a pick tool to gently pry connectors, and cardboard. Ended up using a flat razor blade to shear off the fuse holders.

Euro cars need to pull this fuse out, otherwise your high beams will be on all the time. ( AMHIK, thanks Jay) :D

switch to turn off lights:

Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Thank you for the photos and the small review!

I apologize the euro/us difference wasn't in the instructions. The euro boxes don't have the F7-F8 bridge and F7 is 16A not 8A - the intention is for people with euro fuse boxes to move the bridge fuse (supplied as 15A) to F7 and leave the bridge socket empty.
Chimi-Changa wrote: Aug 11, 2021 10:11 AM Euro cars need to pull this fuse out, otherwise your high beams will be on all the time...

EuroE28M5

Post by EuroE28M5 »

Galahad wrote: Jul 08, 2021 2:46 PM PRE-ORDERS ARE LIVE! Order here!

The final manufacturing tests went better than expected so I'm actually ahead of my estimated schedule for once.
Hey, I've placed an order for mine a like a month ago. I didnt get an ETA or anything..? Where can I get that info? :)
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

EuroE28M5 wrote: Aug 11, 2021 11:47 AM Hey, I've placed an order for mine a like a month ago. I didnt get an ETA or anything..? Where can I get that info? :)
Thank you for your order! The product page says in-stock status (and preorder fulfillment) is estimated to be some time this month. I have a good number of boards ready to go into final testing, I'm expecting to have those shipped out early next week (yours should be in that batch). There's been a recent uptick in orders so I'm not entirely sure when I'll be caught up - I'm building all of these by hand in my garage and my summer internship is finishing up so I haven't had a huge amount of free time the past couple weeks.
EuroE28M5

Post by EuroE28M5 »

no rush!!! thank You!!!
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Shipping / stock update: Orders through #1026 will be mailed tomorrow.
I have more mid-production that I should be able to finish before the end of this week.
Foonfer

Post by Foonfer »

Galahad wrote: Aug 15, 2021 3:31 PM Shipping / stock update: Orders through #1026 will be mailed tomorrow.
I have more mid-production that I should be able to finish before the end of this week.
This is exciting! Just a quick question: How do we know our order number? My credit card got charged on July 9th, but I haven't received an email with an order number or something similar.

Let us know, thanks. -F
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Foonfer wrote: Aug 15, 2021 4:13 PM This is exciting! Just a quick question: How do we know our order number? My credit card got charged on July 9th, but I haven't received an email with an order number or something similar.
You should have gotten an order confirmation email - I believe that'll have the order number. For those that can't find it, I'm shipping orders placed on or before July 15th.
Foonfer

Post by Foonfer »

Galahad - I sent you a PM.
Not looking to be a pest, just wondering if you could retrieve my order number because I don't know it.
Much appreciated, thanks.
Foonfer

Post by Foonfer »

Received the kit in the mail today! Looks GORGEOUS, craftsmanship is top notch. Thanks a lot!
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Foonfer wrote: Aug 19, 2021 5:56 PM Received the kit in the mail today! Looks GORGEOUS, craftsmanship is top notch. Thanks a lot!
Very glad to hear you're happy with it!
Let me know how installation goes.
-Galahad
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Orders through #1033 (July 23rd) shipped today
blackmamba

Post by blackmamba »

I just received mine yesterday & couldn’t be happier, great work!
milarsky

Post by milarsky »

Arrived yesterday. Looks fantastic. Might be a while till I install her, but looking forward.

jeff
TamperedWith

Post by TamperedWith »

Please make these for e23’s!
EuroE28M5

Post by EuroE28M5 »

still waiting on mine. hopefully itll get here soon!
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

TamperedWith wrote: Aug 23, 2021 8:38 AM Please make these for e23’s!
If your e23 is e28 based, it'll work. I'm working on figuring out what changes (if any) I need to make for this to work with e12 based cars.
This thread has good information about the us vs euro e28 fuse boxes and may help you out.
EuroE28M5 wrote: Aug 23, 2021 10:07 AM still waiting on mine. hopefully itll get here soon!
Yours was the first international order - I'm really hoping I didn't goof up the customs information.
Limbo00RT

Post by Limbo00RT »

Thank you! Received my order today(#1035). They look amazing and will make a huge difference!
carnutdallas

Post by carnutdallas »

Got my kit, Yay! Thank you… got it installed in about 3 hours. Starts, runs…. All works except right rear tail lamp, running lamps, right side, license lamp, etc. Check control says rear lights out and license light. My left tail lamp does light - running. All brake lights work and check control goes out when I hit pedal. When I turn lights on, check control activates for rear lights and license.

And fronts all light up as well. All headlights and fogs work. I check my wiring and must have missed something. None of my LEDs work on board either. I grounded lead to battery. I know wire is good and has continuity. I put test light on positive and touched ground circuit of pin on top near switch and test light activates so I know it has good ground. Pin to ground ring has continuity too with OHM meter.

Any thoughts or help would be great. Oh so close!
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

carnutdallas wrote: Aug 27, 2021 1:02 AM Got my kit, Yay! Thank you… got it installed in about 3 hours. Starts, runs…. All works except right rear tail lamp, running lamps, right side, license lamp, etc. Check control says rear lights out and license light. My left tail lamp does light - running. All brake lights work and check control goes out when I hit pedal. When I turn lights on, check control activates for rear lights and license.

And fronts all light up as well. All headlights and fogs work. I check my wiring and must have missed something. None of my LEDs work on board either. I grounded lead to battery. I know wire is good and has continuity. I put test light on positive and touched ground circuit of pin on top near switch and test light activates so I know it has good ground. Pin to ground ring has continuity too with OHM meter.

Any thoughts or help would be great. Oh so close!
Double check your connections for fuse 9 - it looks like that one fuse powers the lights you're having issues with. You may have one of the wires hooked up to a neighboring fuse.
As for the LEDs not working: some boards are shipped with the switch off and some with the switch on - try flipping it back and forth a couple times and seeing what happens. The LEDs will only turn on if the fuse itself has power, so only some of them lighting up at any given time is expected. With the car in "off" there should be three lit up (when the switch is on).
As always, please reach out if you're still having problems.
-Galahad