Complete ECU Install and Dyno Tune on Euro M30B34

E28 technical advice asked and given! Troubleshooting, modifications and more.
FLaggie96

Complete ECU Install and Dyno Tune on Euro M30B34

Post by FLaggie96 »

If you're interested, I just completed an ECUmaster Classic install on a Euro M30B34, with full sequential ignition and fuel. Dyno results included.

E1: Intro and Fuel Pump
https://youtu.be/Os32sOzAxms

E2: Teardown and wiring layout
https://youtu.be/5zpT-qdydTM

E3: Completed wiring and first start
https://youtu.be/WFEkzIq08Sk

E4: Completion and Dyno results
https://youtu.be/xTLPyNDg-QE

Safety Third
adam_poll

Re: Complete ECU Install and Dyno Tune on Euro M30B34

Post by adam_poll »

Very interested! At some point I'd like to do something similar. Haven't watched the videos yet but will, thanks for sharing
adam_poll

Post by adam_poll »

Made my way through the series, thanks again for posting it up and taking the trouble to document it all. The car is beautiful and the results are pretty great.

My car is still running on the 059 ECU with chip and runs pretty well, it is getting away from a stock low compression motor though with a B35 cam, headers and exhaust. At some point I'd like to go to high compression pistons and more aggressive cam but there is no point without having the engine management to go with it. I think I'll make the jump first with the ECU and once I have a good handle on that do a motor build and hopefully reap the rewards for that. The ECUmaster stuff really caught my eye before as it seems to match up nicely with the stock system for the most part and at a great price.

For the dyno tuning was the tuner already familiar with the ECU/Software and was that part of the reason you went with it?

Adam
uzayas

Post by uzayas »

I watched all the videos may be more than three. Great car and great installation. Congratulations.
Do you mind sharing your *.emu file, I have Vipec v44 installed on my E28 M30B34 10:1, It would be great to compare maps ignitions and all others.
indycar89

Post by indycar89 »

FLaggie96 wrote: Mar 08, 2021 2:58 PM If you're interested, I just completed an ECUmaster Classic install on a Euro M30B34, with full sequential ignition and fuel. Dyno results included. . . / SNIP

Safety Third
Nice videos, well done and helpful just where they needed to be. Appreciate your format.

Great car, thanks!
Scrid

Post by Scrid »

Perfect timing and much appreciated. Building this same engine as we speak and so nice to have this detail.

Scrid
LeiseyJr

Post by LeiseyJr »

Really cool to see a very modern ecu running one of these cars. Thanks for putting in the time and effort to document it.
cek

Post by cek »

Thanks for doing this!

I've been itching to upgrade my m30b35 to something that isn't a hack (Miller War with maf) and this may give me the confidence to go standalone!
cek

Post by cek »

And now that is saw the final video, I'm highly motivated. Your m30b34 is strong!
mottati

Post by mottati »

great series. Really enjoyable and boosts confidence to do something like this.