What part is this?

E28 technical advice asked and given! Troubleshooting, modifications and more.
mikecp

What part is this?

Post by mikecp »

Hey guys

Where can i find this part?

it seems discontinued. and on the under dash panel that i have, there are two holes on the left side (closest to the driver door) and it looks like i need this holder (p/n 51451917358) to secure the panel properly - otherwise it sags.

is this something that i can jerry rig together? anyone have a spare part for this?

Shawn D.
Beamter
Beamter

Re: What part is this?

Post by Shawn D. »

That part is actually not attached to the under-dash cover, but the dash itself. It hangs down and has a pattern of holes in it that allow you to attach screws through the two holes on the left side of the under-dash cover.

If yours is missing, you could fabricate one -- it's a pretty simple part.
klavender1

Post by klavender1 »

I'm pretty sure I have one sitting around from the parts car I bought. Strangely, it's only got 1 hole I think instead of the multiple holes. The multiple holes just helps you blindly screw in the side of that lower dash panel. I'll check tonight if I can find it.
mikecp

Post by mikecp »

There are two holes on the under dash panel. One of the holes screws into the headlight switch trim (the black surround trim that goes around the foglight switch and headlight switch) correct?
klavender1 wrote:I'm pretty sure I have one sitting around from the parts car I bought. Strangely, it's only got 1 hole I think instead of the multiple holes. The multiple holes just helps you blindly screw in the side of that lower dash panel. I'll check tonight if I can find it.
If you can snap a pic of that part so that I can have a reference thatd be super super helpful. :D
Oz77

Post by Oz77 »

Shawn D. wrote: May 16, 2019 7:04 AM That part is actually not attached to the under-dash cover, but the dash itself. It hangs down and has a pattern of holes in it that allow you to attach screws through the two holes on the left side of the under-dash cover.

If yours is missing, you could fabricate one -- it's a pretty simple part.
Hello could you please elaborate how is it attached to the dashboard . Is it attached using one of the bolts from the dashboard bracket?
Thanks