The Thread of Randomness. . .

General conversations about BMW E28s and the people who own them.
ElGuappo

Re: The Thread of Randomness. . .

Post by ElGuappo »

Mike W. wrote:You just can't please some people. There hasn't been crap at Pick and Pull in years. So today I was there looking for some stuff for the Datsun and there's all sorts of stuff. New E12 shocks (ok, low demand) a couple of red fans for E12/28, a perfect set of E39 front seats, better than in my wife's car, but not sport, but I swear, perfect. Might make a trip tomorrow but I really don't have the time. 3.91 open diffs worth as much as I think? Like nothing? There's one there in a late E24.
I see so many cars drop at Windsor, and think about calling you sometimes...
oldskool

Post by oldskool »

Johnny Walker Double Black is worse than Dewars. There I said it.
a

Post by a »

Depends upon the circumstances. One memorable July day in the distant past , my Bil and I polished off a 5th of 20yr old Canadian Club and ginger ale in 45 minutes. You can mix anything with gingerale if its free. :cool: emoticon's shades are covering hangover. Dewars is darn OK blend as blends go.
Jeremy
Beamter
Beamter

Post by Jeremy »

I can't stomach Scotch. Bourbon is tolerable sometimes.
a

Post by a »

I'm about to get ready for our annual brothers etc, bash out in the middle of the Adirondacks. I brought 2 750s of booze and some Black Seal for coffee. Beer and bloody marys round things out. definitely Irish, and either scotch or rye. During the rest of the year, I barely touch the stuff. :cool:
oldskool

Post by oldskool »

Getting really pissed on homemade raspberry wine is never a good idea. Eating a bunch of sushi afterwards is an even worse idea.
Karl Grau

Post by Karl Grau »

oldskool wrote:Getting really pissed on homemade raspberry wine is never a good idea.
Raspberry wine? Didn't you know Zima is back?
oldskool

Post by oldskool »

Karl Grau wrote:
oldskool wrote:Getting really pissed on homemade raspberry wine is never a good idea.
Raspberry wine? Didn't you know Zima is back?
A "friend" gave me something like 10lbs of rasberries. We ate the hell out of them and then I had to make the wine. It's aged a solid month so that took the edge off.
Same "friend" just gave me 20 watermelons so we just rode around the neighborhood tonight leaving them on random people's door steps.
davintosh

Post by davintosh »

When we were in Germany, I could go to the grocery store a half-kilometer from our house and buy a six-pack of half-liter bottles of Paulaner Weißbier for about €3.00 (including deposit). It's a good beer. I found the same beer at a store here this week; four .33l bottles for just under $11. What the flock? I realize it's "imported" here, but really?

There's not much that I miss about Deutschland yet, but I am really gonna miss the beer. Or rather that I didn't have to try very hard or spend very much to get something good.
a

Post by a »

just got home after 5 days of steady consumption. Untold cans and bottles of beer were consumed . The orders were that since the 85 yr old cabin was to be razed and replaced this fall. All left over booze was to be consumed or removed. We gave it our best shot and went through several bottles of rum and Jim Beam bourbon . The old Smuggler scotch tasted better and better but gave me a sharp head ache. I took a few hrs off , I had plans but moving off the couch wasn't one of them. I think the headache had something to do with the plastic handle it was in. We judged it un drinkable and splashed it on the fire. The sweet kid stuff, creme de banana, black berry brandy was poured out onto the grass. I came back with more booze than I packed. :)
Brian in TN

Post by Brian in TN »

Jeremy wrote:I can't stomach Scotch. Bourbon is tolerable sometimes.

Tequila is king.
a

Post by a »

Brian in TN wrote:
Jeremy wrote:I can't stomach Scotch. Bourbon is tolerable sometimes.

Tequila is king.
Too many near death experiences with Jose Cuervo as a 'ute. My BIL calls it Ta-kill-ya . :)
waynet1

Post by waynet1 »

Am I the only one that had to search the interwebs to find out what the hell was up with the Bunny and the pancake on it's head?? :oops:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oolong_(rabbit)
Mike W.

Post by Mike W. »

waynet1 wrote:Am I the only one that had to search the interwebs to find out what the hell was up with the Bunny and the pancake on it's head?? :oops:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oolong_(rabbit)
I'd seen it for a long time, probably 15 years or so, usually with the caption, but never knew it's origin.
a

Post by a »

Ditto, I thought Shawn D created it. Thank you for wiki :)
cek

Post by cek »

Karl Grau

Post by Karl Grau »

Mike W. wrote:I'd seen it for a long time, probably 15 years or so, usually with the caption, but never knew it's origin.
Same here. I didn't post one with a caption because I thought everybody had seen it a million times. I knew nothing of the history of the actual pic until Wayne's Wiki link. :?

The original captioned one from circa 1972:

vinceg101

Post by vinceg101 »

a wrote:Depends upon the circumstances. One memorable July day in the distant past , my Bil and I polished off a 5th of 20yr old Canadian Club and ginger ale in 45 minutes. You can mix anything with gingerale if its free. :cool: emoticon's shades are covering hangover. Dewars is darn OK blend as blends go.
My college room mate and I did something similar with a 5th of Evan Williams and a 2 liter bottle of Coke the night before our sophomore classes started.
Yeah, the next morning was kind of rough.
cek

Post by cek »

I think this fits the Randomness bar...

https://www.inc.com/erik-sherman/a-geni ... -head.html
a

Post by a »

Nice Fair Lady, Cek. With nothing in the pic for a scale, I thought it was a model. Is it a real car?
Mike W.

Post by Mike W. »

vinceg101 wrote:
a wrote:Depends upon the circumstances. One memorable July day in the distant past , my Bil and I polished off a 5th of 20yr old Canadian Club and ginger ale in 45 minutes. You can mix anything with gingerale if its free. :cool: emoticon's shades are covering hangover. Dewars is darn OK blend as blends go.
My college room mate and I did something similar with a 5th of Evan Williams and a 2 liter bottle of Coke the night before our sophomore classes started.
Yeah, the next morning was kind of rough.
Hmmm, seems like a common event. I remember a roommate and I going thru nearly a full quart of I.W. Harper 100 proof one night. I made it into work but didn't sober up until noon or so. That was a loooooong time ago. :laugh:
cek

Post by cek »

a wrote:Nice Fair Lady, Cek. With nothing in the pic for a scale, I thought it was a model. Is it a real car?
It's a real car model.
a

Post by a »

cek wrote:
a wrote:Nice Fair Lady, Cek. With nothing in the pic for a scale, I thought it was a model. Is it a real car?
It's a real car model.
Heh heh Yah I know the Fair Lady is a model of Datsun (Nissan) . Is the artifact in the picture a scale model or a real car? I feel like Lou Costello doing the who's on first sketch :laugh:
cek

Post by cek »

a wrote:
cek wrote:
It's a real car model.
Heh heh Yah I know the Fair Lady is a model of Datsun (Nissan) . Is the artifact in the picture a scale model or a real car? I feel like Lou Costello doing the who's on first sketch :laugh:
The Datsun model known as a Fair Lady in the photo is real.
John in VA

Post by John in VA »

Did you see this "Fair Lady" in chevale's pix from TedFest?