What out of the ordinary cars did you see today?

General conversations about BMW E28s and the people who own them.
1st 5er

Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today?

Post by 1st 5er »

:wave:
amagansa wrote:Was walking my younger brother to school this morning and passed by the ol' M3 house. Yup, still there. Been sitting since before I graduated, which is at least 7 years now. I almost want to walk up and ask them if they'd ever part with it...

Don't forget to take loads of cash.
SeattleGuy

Post by SeattleGuy »

A nice unrestored '02. We've met a number of times, great guy.

UltraSheen

Post by UltraSheen »

Lava orange brand new Porsche GT3 on my way into work today. A real beauty!
Mike W.

Post by Mike W. »

All in one day last week at the yard.
First up is a 2 door Suburban. I hate conspicuous consumption plush Suburbans, but somehow this old 2 door truck with a 3/4 ton rear axle is cool. From back in the days when men were men, women were women and sheep were scared. :shock:

A tired Volvo 122 Amazon for sale. Wonder how long before it's out there for parts.

Lastly out in the yard, could it be, yes, I think so, it is. A VW 412. I think I've seen one of them in the past 25 years. Long forgotten and rightly so.

SeattleGuy

Post by SeattleGuy »

See, I loved the 412. I love all aircooled cars so in the end that might not be saying much.
https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2010/ ... -1974-412/

LOL.
stuartinmn

Post by stuartinmn »

One of my neighbors bought this thing recently and they've been using it as their daily driver. It's an ex-Swiss Army Steyr-Puch Pinzgauer. It was parked out on the street in front of my house today, so I snapped a photo.

1st 5er

Post by 1st 5er »

stuartinmn wrote:One of my neighbors bought this thing recently and they've been using it as their daily driver. It's an ex-Swiss Army Steyr-Puch Pinzgauer. It was parked out on the street in front of my house today, so I snapped a photo.

Got to be the most unusual DD I've ever seen. :shock:
vinceg101

Post by vinceg101 »

Wife & I went out to dinner last night in DT Culver City and parked in one of the city structures; low and behold I saw this parked in there:

It's rare seeing these out in the wild still running and relatively intact. I have a soft spot for AMC's.
I should have taken a shot of the really awful interior: all beige tan vinyl big chaise lounger bucket seats and miles of plastic. :cringe:
Mike W.

Post by Mike W. »

stuartinmn wrote:One of my neighbors bought this thing recently and they've been using it as their daily driver. It's an ex-Swiss Army Steyr-Puch Pinzgauer. It was parked out on the street in front of my house today, so I snapped a photo.

Funny you would mention Pinzgauer. On vacation last month I saw my first one in the US. (in the next week or so I saw a few more) An Antelope Canyon tour company. I talked with the driver a bit and he loved driving it, said the 3 axles rode so well he aimed for bumps. :shock: I was looking forward to a ride in it.

Instead I got a ride in the prettiest, only shinny Deuce and a half I've ever seen. I was told it was it's first working day there. Uneventful ride in back, not nearly the penalty box or noise I expected. I guess it was fairly new. Still impressive to look at.

SeattleGuy

Post by SeattleGuy »

vinceg101 wrote:Wife & I went out to dinner last night in DT Culver City and parked in one of the city structures; low and behold I saw this parked in there:
It's rare seeing these out in the wild still running and relatively intact. I have a soft spot for AMC's.
I should have taken a shot of the really awful interior: all beige tan vinyl big chaise lounger bucket seats and miles of plastic. :cringe:
OMG you ever see the interior of a Bricklin!!!
It's like "you too can build your own car..." -- You really need to watch the YouTube documentary. If you can do it on TV with a sound bar it's best because the volume sucks. I might download it myself and re-edit the sound LOL. Let's just say Tucker did a much better job.... you will see shit that will blow your fucking mind about "quality control..." They had no idea WTF they were doing. It's so romantic though... because it will never happen again like that.

This ain't no Tesla. :laugh:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm26Kcc6Rdc
https://bringatrailer.com/2014/08/27/al ... klin-sv-1/
Mike W.

Post by Mike W. »

Walking down to the local free concert series Friday night I heard something. Reving kind of high but not going fast. Very distinctive sound, louder than a Buick, but not obtrusively loud. Sport bike? No a Lamborghini. Talk about a fish out of water, it trying to drive in the small burg I live in with a 25 speed limit on the main street. Kind of like using a semi to get a loaf of bread from the store.
stuartinmn

Post by stuartinmn »

Saw a first generation Acura NSX today, parked on a residential street in a working class neighborhood.
a

Post by a »

stuartinmn wrote:Saw a first generation Acura NSX today, parked on a residential street in a working class neighborhood.
Last NSX Ive seen is Roy's. Up on NY 30 N of Amsterdam was an orange Vega with a lumpy hood. Prob'ly an SBC transplant. Long time between Vegas in these parts :D
cek

Post by cek »

a wrote:
stuartinmn wrote:Saw a first generation Acura NSX today, parked on a residential street in a working class neighborhood.
Last NSX Ive seen is Roy's. Up on NY 30 N of Amsterdam was an orange Vega with a lumpy hood. Prob'ly an SBC transplant. Long time between Vegas in these parts :D
Roy's NSX gives me wood. I'll probably get divorced fighting all the other suitors if he ever sells it.
stuartinmn

Post by stuartinmn »

a wrote:Long time between Vegas in these parts
They had pretty much all returned to the earth around here by 1980. :) I always thought they were attractive cars, too bad they had so many flaws.
Karl Grau

Post by Karl Grau »

All aboard!!!

sail_or_drive

Post by sail_or_drive »

Seen in Renton, WA on 8/28/19

Poor picture quality as I was moving, but did see it from behind, "willys overland" stamped/embossed on the chrome bumper.

T_C_D

Post by T_C_D »

Narrow bodied Starion. Could be the first one I have seen in 20+ years.
RonW

Post by RonW »

2002tii convertible.
JohnH

Post by JohnH »

RonW wrote:2002tii convertible.
Here in the UK there is a TV quiz called Impossible. The game plan is to find the Impossible answer from several alternatives. Sorry RonW but that's Impossible. I know that you know, but it would have been nice if they had done it.
stuartinmn

Post by stuartinmn »

Stopped by my local independent BMW repair today and there was a blue Alpina B10 biturbo sitting in the lot. They said the owner recently imported it from Japan - seems like a lot of those cars come from there.
Mike W.

Post by Mike W. »

At the local Trader Joes. An XK140 and he parks like that? The lady next to him in the big passenger truck took 3 tries to give that much room. :facepalm: And while I wouldn't call the spaces spacious, they're not narrow either. Nice car, not overrestored, probably much like it was new, not better.

BDKawey

Post by BDKawey »

he didnt do too good of a job parking either.
BuzzBomb

Post by BuzzBomb »

Anybody know what a Pitot Tube is? Ever seen one on a car? Extra points if you know what car my friend has in his garage. Hint: that red car next to it is the Hellbug. Google that shit.
Last edited by BuzzBomb on Oct 04, 2019 4:03 AM, edited 2 times in total.
BuzzBomb

Post by BuzzBomb »

Or howz about this bad mofo. Only 6 in the US. Of course he has one of those too, freshly pimped out with a body kit that cost more than you;d think someone would spend on any car.