The E28 Is The King Of All Roadcars! Here's Why.

General conversations about BMW E28s and the people who own them.
Enchanter

JALOPY

Post by Enchanter »

Wow.. Jalopy!! I like that.. Yeah, I am pretty much E28 dumb... I wish I knew what a GOOD E28 felt like... Damn.. If I listed the E28s that I have owned, my fingers would be a tad tired.... Now, lets not even start a list about the E23s!!

Tim
B7Turbo

Post by B7Turbo »

Sure, I know that, I guess I got a little depressed when I read the discretion and believe it or not I have encounter most of them :( , but I came out victorious. :D
B7Turbo

Post by B7Turbo »

I can tell from the pain that you have been trough. You could have a fleet of cars that are all JALOPYs as far as I know, that doesn’t proof that you have been driven the proper one.

Specially when I think of your race with that Buick
Mike K

Post by Mike K »

B7Turbo wrote:I can tell from the pain that you have been trough. You could have a fleet of cars that are all JALOPYs as far as I know, that doesn’t proof that you have been driven the proper one.

Specially when I think of your race with that Buick
I have seen, driven, and even owned most of the Enchanter's cars and NONE of them were jalopies, least of all the M5. In fact, I might be a bit biased having owned the M5, but I would qualify it as close to perfect as a 18 year old E28 is going to get. Thinking back, the Alpina and Hartge were not far off either.

All kidding aside (you DO realize the sarcastic nature of the post, right??), even a well maintained E28 is going to develop these foibles. Listen closely... you can hear the creak of your rear doors :rofl:
Jeremy
Beamter
Beamter

Post by Jeremy »

No I can't, cause I fixed the radio. hehe
BAVARIANUT

Post by BAVARIANUT »

Don't forget the delayed braking (brake bomb)option. My favorite, especially in sudden highway traffic. It makes me giggle everytime my passengers brace for impact when they think my brakes are out. :laugh: Nothing like a little bit of german humor to break the ice. Or face. :laugh:
Enchanter

Post by Enchanter »

Forgot that one!! That one is a classic!!
tschultz

Post by tschultz »

Always a good read when you need a not so serious laugh
Kyle in NO
Location: Nasty Orleans------> Batten-Rooehjch------>More Souther LA

Post by Kyle in NO »

Forgot about that one. Lulz.
briansmith

Post by briansmith »

Damn, if that hadn't come from such a veteran here, I'd think they actually didn't like e28s.

Go easy on the folks here, despite that they can take it in stride, for if it weren't for the sage experience here, my car would be 4 times the wreck that it is, and I certainly wouldn't be sending my wife to work in it, nor probably driving it at all.

At least they're not Volkswagens.
HayekFan

Re: The E28 Is The King Of All Roadcars! Here's Why.

Post by HayekFan »

I just found this old thread while searching for something else and got several chuckles out of it. First time I had seen it. Bumping to the top for others who might also have missed it the first time around...
Mike W.

Post by Mike W. »

I'd forgotten that one but did a similar one with less sarcasm. Probably less entertaining though.

They all do that. How many for you? viewtopic.php?t=32737
Last edited by Mike W. on Dec 18, 2020 9:21 PM, edited 1 time in total.
cek

Post by cek »

Man, I wish I had seen these threads back in early 2013.

I would've avoided this whole sickness.
Philo

Post by Philo »

I loved it.. !! Btw, I got baptized last week in my car :0. Then I pulled up to a light and the kid next to me in a Scion something rolled down the window and said, "Nice E30 man".. Classic. I just smiled. Still love the E28.
BMWCCA2

Post by BMWCCA2 »

Philo wrote: Dec 18, 2020 9:01 PMI pulled up to a light and the kid next to me in a Scion something rolled down the window and said, "Nice E30 man".. Classic.
Happens to me all the time at gas stations. Amazing they know enough to get the "E30" lingo, but can't tell a 5 from a 3! When I drive my 535i to work (BMW dealership) everyone comments on how small it is. At home it parks in between E39, E34 or two E82s, so it kind of looks appropriately sized for what it is. But since I remember being there when the first E28 delivered to the dealership rolled off the truck, they've always seemed "right-sized" to me. Then we've also had an E12 and Neu Klasse 2000 sedan as our family cars along with a plethora of '02s.
topher800

Post by topher800 »

Philo wrote: Dec 18, 2020 9:01 PM "Nice E30 man".. Classic. I just smiled. Still love the E28.
I get this also
Kenny Blankenship

Post by Kenny Blankenship »

This is why I drive E23s...😜🥴😍
RoyW

Post by RoyW »

Thanks for the memories, i.e., thread and names... quite nostalgic :)

-RoyW