Welcoming myself back ;-)

General conversations about BMW E28s and the people who own them.
Massive Lee

Welcoming myself back ;-)

Post by Massive Lee »

Hi everyone

Old time member from 20 or 25 years ago returning after spending months and months trying to log in. With no way to contact an administrator I had to create a new account. I suppose a new structure made my log in impossible. I was known as «Lee» now returning as «Massive Lee». I was/am the dude designing parts for e28s under Massive brand. No longer have an e28 - I had a 533i - but still have a 5 series : 2006 530xiT and love it. It makes me appreciate the simplicity of the good old e28, except in snow and on slippery surfaces.

Lee
Shawn D.
Beamter
Beamter

Re: Welcoming myself back ;-)

Post by Shawn D. »

Welcome back!
JimmyKay

Post by JimmyKay »

Welcome back. I had a similar issue with the site. I was prompted to make a new password and after I did I was unable to get back in. I tried making a new account because I couldn’t contact a moderator without being logged in. It took about a month and a half to get a new username and password. Any attempt I would make would get me times out for some reason. Here I am now with a new username.
Mdreamer

Post by Mdreamer »

The same thing happened to me Lee Massive Lee. Did you like what I did with your names there? Lol.

It took a while, but I got lucky and was eventually granted access. I was stressing out about losing my post count, so it was a major relief to not have to start over again.
JimmyKay

Post by JimmyKay »

Mdreamer wrote: Mar 13, 2023 11:07 PM The same thing happened to me Lee Massive Lee. Did you like what I did with your names there? Lol.

It took a while, but I got lucky and was eventually granted access. I was stressing out about losing my post count, so it was a major relief to not have to start over again.
I still have to up my post count to get access to PMing a moderator. I’d like my old account back, but not sure if it’s possible at this point.
Mdreamer

Post by Mdreamer »

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, JimmyKay. A poster likes to know his stats, right? :-)
Shawn D.
Beamter
Beamter

Post by Shawn D. »

JimmyKay wrote: Mar 14, 2023 1:23 PM I still have to up my post count to get access to PMing a moderator. I’d like my old account back, but not sure if it’s possible at this point.
Well, you're out of luck, because we don't have moderators. :laugh:

Guess what someone's "handle" being green-colored signifies? :dunno:

Some of those folks actually participate in threads and could observe what your former handle is, if you'd bother to mention it. :cool:
JimmyKay

Post by JimmyKay »

Shawn D. wrote: Mar 14, 2023 6:06 PM
JimmyKay wrote: Mar 14, 2023 1:23 PM I still have to up my post count to get access to PMing a moderator. I’d like my old account back, but not sure if it’s possible at this point.
Well, you're out of luck, because we don't have moderators. :laugh:

Guess what someone's "handle" being green-colored signifies? :dunno:

Some of those folks actually participate in threads and could observe what your former handle is, if you'd bother to mention it. :cool:
Thanks for the wake up call. I'm a little deficient when it comes to the internet things. I only joined Facebook about a year ago when I bought my E28. My previous username was Dimm6. Any help is appreciated.
1st 5er

Post by 1st 5er »

:wave:
Massive Lee

Post by Massive Lee »

Back in the days, one's nickname could be three letters and not many more letters could make a decent password. One question I still have in my head as my memory is foggy on the subject, was Roadfly.org the step before mye28 was set-up? Also wasn't it Mye28.org before it became a .com?

I remember that Roadfly used to be where all of us, 2002, e30 or e28 guys would hang out until it kinda "exploded"...

BTW I lost my post count but really, I couldn't care less. I may even have lost it previuously at some point when there was a platform migration...
John in VA

Post by John in VA »

Yes, we migrated here from Roachfly. Same with the 2002 crew moving to the FAQ. I see you're still active there - thanks for your products & insights!
BimmerDan

Post by BimmerDan »

Welcome back, I was just explain to my twelve year old what message boards were. When I showed him some of the old print outs that I would take out to the car, he looked at me like I was stupid.