Pearl Beige interior carpet color questions

General conversations about BMW E28s and the people who own them.
gwb72tii

Pearl Beige interior carpet color questions

Post by gwb72tii »

Maeve, my 535is, has an interior that spent most of its life in the Arizona sun. I have new cover's for the sport seats and rear seat, and I have collected less dried out interior pieces such as door cards and center console. But the AZ sun has faded many pieces like the hat shelf behind the rear seat and such.

Questions:
1. Is the carpet a darker pearl beige tint than the seats?
2. Are the door cards a lighter shade than the seats and/or carpet?
vinceg101

Re: Pearl Beige interior carpet color questions

Post by vinceg101 »

To answer your questions:
1. Kind of, there is a distinct difference in tone between carpet and vinyl where you could say the carpet is 'darker' but moreover it's just 'different'.
2. The vinyl and leather are much closer in color and tone than to the carpet. So yes the door cards match the seats better than they do the carpet.

Here are some shots of my former original 1985 PB interior from (ignore the floor mats as their color is noticeably different than the OEM carpet):Image
gwb72tii

Post by gwb72tii »

beautiful, thanks.

Follow-up question though, is there a specific color spec for the carpet as there is for the pearl beige leather? Anybody?
vinceg101

Post by vinceg101 »

You will have to search out the BMW color charts for interior colors for the different materials. I thought I had a digital version or link but maybe it's an actual hard-copy somewhere.
You can start searching this site, this is one link that starts to talk about it:viewtopic.php?t=67846
You can check RealOEM also as they may have the color codes listed.