Momo Motorsport steering wheel

General conversations about BMW E28s and the people who own them.
Westieswheels

Momo Motorsport steering wheel

Post by Westieswheels »

First time poster here, Not completely sure if I'm doing this right so please bear with me. I'm a steering wheel trimmer here in Australia and I'm on the hunt for any info regarding this Momo steering wheel... https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=57 ... 8977680283
Only mention I can find anywhere online is from this forum back in 2019... https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/show ... lq14_iZFlE Any help from you guys is very much appreciated
Blue Shadow

Re: Momo Motorsport steering wheel

Post by Blue Shadow »

Gary,

What did you need to know about them?

The post on bimmerforums by superj with info attributed to mye28 was something I wrote. Searching mye28 with the Ghibli, Motorsport keywords and Blue Shadow as the author will get you the posts I wrote about this wheel, the 4-spoke more than the three-spoke.

Be easier to just ask questions as I can reply and others that have had these wheels can, too. Don't see the 3-spoke much.

See you have restored one and I'm guessing you're gonna be looking for the ///M horn push. Those used to be all over the bay, counterfiet probably as were other makes of buttons fitting the Momo wheels. Haven't looked in years since my 2nd wheel is out for restore and I can't get in touch with the guy.

PM me you email and I'll see if I can dig out the brochure and email a photo of it.
BMWCCA2

Post by BMWCCA2 »

I bought a bag of the "///M" emblems from MOMO decades ago.

Maybe someday I'll run across them!
Westieswheels

Post by Westieswheels »

Blue Shadow wrote: Dec 27, 2022 2:46 AM Gary,

What did you need to know about them?

The post on bimmerforums by superj with info attributed to mye28 was something I wrote. Searching mye28 with the Ghibli, Motorsport keywords and Blue Shadow as the author will get you the posts I wrote about this wheel, the 4-spoke more than the three-spoke.

Be easier to just ask questions as I can reply and others that have had these wheels can, too. Don't see the 3-spoke much.

See you have restored one and I'm guessing you're gonna be looking for the ///M horn push. Those used to be all over the bay, counterfiet probably as were other makes of buttons fitting the Momo wheels. Haven't looked in years since my 2nd wheel is out for restore and I can't get in touch with the guy.

PM me you email and I'll see if I can dig out the brochure and email a photo of it.
Thanks for the reply, yes your post on Bimmerforum is literally the only mention I could find online, just need to know if the wheel is a wanted piece and what is its worth I suppose, I'm getting the feeling that no one knows anything or has even heard or seen one before, It would be very worthwhile to turn it into a replica VL Walkinshaw wheel (my avatar) here in Australia but I want to make sure that I won't be depriving someone of it if it is a sought after item, I will PM you as soon as I can work out how to do it on here :laugh:
Westieswheels

Post by Westieswheels »

To those that have PM'd me, this is what I get when I try to answer you...
"We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more in discussions to be able to use this feature."
You can always message me here if you can bring yourself to suffer the Ignominy of getting on F/book... https://www.facebook.com/WestiesWheels
Westieswheels

Post by Westieswheels »

BMWCCA2 wrote: Dec 27, 2022 8:43 AM I bought a bag of the "///M" emblems from MOMO decades ago.

Maybe someday I'll run across them!
Thanks, not sure If I need one yet but will message you if I do
Das_Prachtstrasse

Post by Das_Prachtstrasse »

Got an email address?
Westieswheels

Post by Westieswheels »

Das_Prachtstrasse wrote: Dec 28, 2022 2:05 AM Got an email address?
PM'd you
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Did the wheel make it to a BMW owner on this board?
Westieswheels

Post by Westieswheels »

Blue Shadow wrote: Jan 05, 2023 5:46 PM Did the wheel make it to a BMW owner on this board?
Sorry, just found your question, thought I would get a notified, my mistake...
No I still have it here
jc72

Post by jc72 »

I have an M horn button for this; it’s yours for 20$ if you want.
John in VA

Post by John in VA »

jc72 wrote: Jan 11, 2023 1:22 PMI have an M horn button for this; it’s yours for 20$ if you want.
I'll take it - let me know!