Never Have I Ever - A Mid Life Crisis

General conversations about BMW E28s and the people who own them.
1st 5er

Re: Never Have I Ever - A Mid Life Crisis

Post by 1st 5er »

:wave:
Mike W.

Post by Mike W. »

Ayyyah, we're living vicariously thru you and your road trip and you mail it home??? Wasn't even my road trip and I'm bummed. :evil:

But glad to hear you got your new ride home! NJ plates already? Here in Calif it'd be another month or two. For regular, not personalized. I'm not anti gov, it serves a purpose, I was in local gov for almost 30 years. But Calif DMV is evil. Evil to the core. A few outliers, but way too few.
WilNJ

Post by WilNJ »

Not a California car, that fell through and the plates are from the previous owner. He let me borrow them for the ride home.

I’m debating a vanity tag for this one. I’m told they tend to invite unwanted attention from the stance crowd.
Mdreamer

Post by Mdreamer »

Congratulations on the new acquisition. Even though you did not take your road trip, you'll be ready when you ultimately decide to! :)
WilNJ

Post by WilNJ »

So I attended the Bavarians and Brits event at Lime Rock Park yesterday. It was a beautiful, warm Spring Day and I realized on the trip home that I made the correct decision not to rush the cross country trip.

I'm 2 hours from Lime Rock Park if I stick to the interstates as much as possible. Not sure of the layout of the event, I took the quickest route there.

On the trip home, I avoided interstates as much as possible. I stuck to state roads and parkways, I doubled back if I saw something of interest, I stopped for lunch, stopped for ice cream.

All in, the trip home took 4-1/2 hours, more than double the trip out and I'd go again right now.