Minnesota people: Octoberfest / North Central Nordfest

General conversations about BMW E28s and the people who own them.
stuartinmn

Minnesota people: Octoberfest / North Central Nordfest

Post by stuartinmn »

Saturday September 10 from 9am to 12pm is the annual Octoberfest German cars and coffee event at the Automotorplex in Chanhassen. This year the local Northstar CCA chapter is also hosting the North Central Nordfest that same weekend, so there should be plenty of attendees from around the upper Midwest. In addition, Eurotech Auto Service recently opened up a new location just outside the main gate to the Automotoplex, and will be having an open house for CCA members.

https://automotorplex.com/events
https://www.northstarbmw.org/events
https://www.eurotechmn.com

If you haven't been to any of the cars and coffee meets at the Automotorplex, it's a pretty cool place. Most of the people who have car condos there open their doors so you can check them out. Some are pretty basic places where they're just working on their cars, while others are Garage Majals full of rare exotics.

edit: date and link corrected.
Last edited by stuartinmn on Aug 23, 2022 7:27 AM, edited 1 time in total.
Adam W in MN

Re: Minnesota people: Octoberfest / North Central Nordfest

Post by Adam W in MN »

Saturday October 10 from 9am to 12pm is the annual Octoberfest German cars and coffee event at the Automotorplex in Chanhassen. This year the local Northstar CCA chapter is also hosting the North Central Nordfest that same weekend
Actually Stuart, the Nordfest event is the weekend of Sept 8th, not in October. I'll be attending various activities over the Nordfest weekend.

I miss the Chanhassen event before it got too big, but the Medina event is fine. BTW your link to motorplex isn't working.
stuartinmn

Post by stuartinmn »

Well, I messed that up... :oops:

The date and link have been corrected to September 10.
stuartinmn

Post by stuartinmn »

I noticed this photo from the event on the Northstar BMW Facebook page. Adam's car 535i and e12 M535i, along with my e28 M535i are front and center.

1st 5er

Post by 1st 5er »

Nice representation.

Thanks for updating.
stuartinmn

Post by stuartinmn »

This was just a partial representation of how many cars were there that day, there were quite a few more parked on other streets in the facility. I looked around on the Northstar BMW CCA site as well as the Motorplex site, and didn't see any other pictures posted yet. There were a couple more e28s in attendance, one 535is and one M5. Otherwise there weren't very many vintage BMWs; I saw one 320i, an e9 coupe, and probably the coolest one was an e23 Alpina B9.
1st 5er

Post by 1st 5er »

stuartinmn wrote: Sep 21, 2022 3:33 PM ... and probably the coolest one was an e23 Alpina B9.
SaWeet!!!