Have any of you purchased from bmwradios?

General conversations about BMW E28s and the people who own them.
Mdreamer

Have any of you purchased from bmwradios?

Post by Mdreamer »

Not to be confused with Doctor Dons, have any of you purchased from bmwradios (on Instagram and Facebook)? If so, what is your level of satisfaction with the head unit in terms of usability, and were there any concerns or issues when it came to delivery? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Here is the link to their IG page: https://www.instagram.com/bmwradios/?hl=en

Here is the link to their FB page: https://www.facebook.com/bmwradios/
Mdreamer

Re: Have any of you purchased from bmwradios?

Post by Mdreamer »

Radio check...

Is this thing on?

ANYONE?
Mike W.

Post by Mike W. »

Yes it's on, and no I haven't purchased from them.
Mdreamer

Post by Mdreamer »

Mike W. wrote: Jul 11, 2022 1:55 AM Yes it's on, and no I haven't purchased from them.
Thanks for replying, Mike W.!
garageboy

Post by garageboy »

Mdreamer wrote: Jul 11, 2022 1:45 AM Radio check...

Is this thing on?

ANYONE?
Dunno if this helps, but... I considered purchasing from them... until I realized that these radios are not compatible with original E28 wiring. If I'm going to bother to rewire the whole thing, well, then I can pick any radio I like. I thought these were drop-in replacements for our original E28 factory radios. And they are not, and it did not appear any wiring adapters existed to make them so. It took a bit of searching around his sites to make that determination, which kinda pissed me off. So, no, I just figured I'd figure something else out... :(
1st 5er

Post by 1st 5er »

Mdreamer wrote: Jul 11, 2022 1:45 AM Radio check...

Is this thing on?

ANYONE?
:rofl: I see what you did there. :rofl:
Mdreamer

Post by Mdreamer »

Dunno if this helps, but... I considered purchasing from them... until I realized that these radios are not compatible with original E28 wiring. If I'm going to bother to rewire the whole thing, well, then I can pick any radio I like. I thought these were drop-in replacements for our original E28 factory radios. And they are not, and it did not appear any wiring adapters existed to make them so. It took a bit of searching around his sites to make that determination, which kinda pissed me off. So, no, I just figured I'd figure something else out... :(
[/quote]

That definitely helps. What did you wind up going with once you ruled these out, if you don't mind my asking?
Mdreamer

Post by Mdreamer »

[/quote]

:rofl: I see what you did there. :rofl:
[/quote]

I like to play with words and situations! Lol.
tabbycat

Post by tabbycat »

I had a non working BMW business radio/tape deck (C46 I believe) that I sent to jordanmilos on eBay. He refreshed everything and got me set up with blue tooth via a dummy cassette to preserve tape function. Very reasonable price and one-week turnaround. Highly recommend buying a non working one and sending it to him!
Mdreamer

Post by Mdreamer »

tabbycat wrote: Jul 27, 2022 5:01 PM I had a non working BMW business radio/tape deck (C46 I believe) that I sent to jordanmilos on eBay. He refreshed everything and got me set up with blue tooth via a dummy cassette to preserve tape function. Very reasonable price and one-week turnaround. Highly recommend buying a non working one and sending it to him!
Thanks, tabby cat! If I look around enough, I may even have one in my stash already...
lswoboda

Post by lswoboda »

I purchased a BMW CD43 radio from BMWRadios on Instagram. The radio is great--totally as advertised. It was in great condition, and it worked very well.

I didn't want to cut any wires in my e28, and found some instructions online that allowed me to install it without any issues.

I have the OEM stereo system with door tweeters, etc. and everything works as intended. I can switch back to my original radio very easily.

It is nice to have bluetooth and I did also purchase his microphone and install it in the open slot next to the radio for hands-free calling. It actually works pretty well.

I'll try to pose a picture later.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy a radio from him.

Cheers!
Mdreamer

Post by Mdreamer »

lswoboda wrote: Aug 04, 2022 10:04 AM I purchased a BMW CD43 radio from BMWRadios on Instagram. The radio is great--totally as advertised. It was in great condition, and it worked very well.

I didn't want to cut any wires in my e28, and found some instructions online that allowed me to install it without any issues.

I have the OEM stereo system with door tweeters, etc. and everything works as intended. I can switch back to my original radio very easily.

It is nice to have bluetooth and I did also purchase his microphone and install it in the open slot next to the radio for hands-free calling. It actually works pretty well.

I'll try to pose a picture later.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy a radio from him.

Cheers!
Thank you so much for your feedback! This is very helpful.