Any PLC programmers in the house?

General conversations about BMW E28s and the people who own them.
Nebraska_e28
Beamter
Beamter

Any PLC programmers in the house?

Post by Nebraska_e28 »

I've been searching online for tools/resources to teach myself how to program using state machine logic and apply to the rslogix 500 system (yes very old stuff I know). This comes on the heels of me completing an initial PLC class in the 500 language. Any guidance or direction would be appreciated. Thanks!
stuartinmn

Re: Any PLC programmers in the house?

Post by stuartinmn »

You should be able to download manuals from the Rockwell Automation website at https://www.rockwellautomation.com/en-u ... brary.html It may take some digging around there to find exactly what you're looking for. I used to have some actual hard copy manuals, but I tossed them years ago.
Das_Prachtstrasse

Post by Das_Prachtstrasse »

The RSLogix emulate 500 with RSLinx is pretty useful, albeit tedious to set up. There are some good walkthroughs on the YouTube. I would encourage you to find a project you can get around before learning how to then automate the process. Commercial beer brewing is a good one.
Nebraska_e28
Beamter
Beamter

Post by Nebraska_e28 »

stuartinmn wrote: Jun 24, 2022 11:50 PM You should be able to download manuals from the Rockwell Automation website at https://www.rockwellautomation.com/en-u ... brary.html It may take some digging around there to find exactly what you're looking for. I used to have some actual hard copy manuals, but I tossed them years ago.
I'll do some digging to see what turns up. Thus far I've only found maybe 2 youtube videos that cover the subject.

Das_Prachtstrasse wrote: Jun 27, 2022 1:12 AM The RSLogix emulate 500 with RSLinx is pretty useful, albeit tedious to set up. There are some good walkthroughs on the YouTube. I would encourage you to find a project you can get around before learning how to then automate the process. Commercial beer brewing is a good one.
I was fortunate enough to get these setup for the class I finished. Very handy in being able to program from home rather than having to go to the school all the time.

Would state machine logic work well with beer brewing?