Perhaps some things just require a beer or two

General conversations about BMW E28s and the people who own them.
Mike W.

Perhaps some things just require a beer or two

Post by Mike W. »

I used to have a couple of friends, gearheads, one got into BMWs, the other was fond of euro cars also, both diehard Norton motorcycle fans, who both insisted you should never ride a M/C without a beer or two in you. Claimed it made you more relaxed and smoother.

Without debating the wisdom of their claims, the same thing occurred to me today while I was filling out the voting ballot. Pretty mundane election, mostly downstream, school district, DA with only one on the ballot, Dogcatchers assistant (ok, kidding on that one) but mind numbing. And the thought came to me, I bet this would be better with a couple of beers.

Not to mention of course beer is a requirement for working on cars. Probably other things too, both golf and bowling come to mind now that I think about it. More I'm sure, but what else?
Grande Royal

Re: Perhaps some things just require a beer or two

Post by Grande Royal »

Darts. ;)
glowell222

Post by glowell222 »

I'm more for whisky than beer. Smoking/barbecuing definitely require one or two. Also, band practice, gigs, Zoom meetings, and any time spent in any airport. As far as voting, I generally do my drinking while receiving the results. I don't drink and vote.
1st 5er

Post by 1st 5er »

🎣