blade fuse box

General conversations about BMW E28s and the people who own them.
bbaxter

blade fuse box

Post by bbaxter »

A couple of years ago my fuse box melted down. I bought a fuse block and rewired it for blade fuses. it was ok but not the clean look of stock. This past fall I found the Holy Grail kit and ordered it. With Vintage coming up I went out yesterday and installed the factory box with the Holy Grail kit. Man, it is so nice having the kit installed. So clean and everything working right. What a fantastic product! Even if you don't have problems with your current fuse box, you should replace to this system. I pulled a fuse box out of one of my parts cars to use as a guide to put it back together. Made it so easy. If anyone is wanting to do this upgrade and is nervous about pulling their wiring apart, I will mail you (at my expense) this old fuse box to use as a guide. Then you can mail it to the next guy that needs it. Just an offer if anyone is interested. B Baxter
1st 5er

Re: blade fuse box

Post by 1st 5er »

I bought one and had the luxury of Ivo, ovide here, at my house for a couple of days.
Made install a breeze. Pretty sure it was in in under 2 beers.
He is good. :D

I wasn't having issues, but didn't want to either.

Now, if i can corral him at Vintage to install another one... :cool: :beer: :beer:
jc72

Post by jc72 »

I've got one in box waiting to install. Id like your old fuse box to use as reference if its still available and I can forward it to the next interested party.
bbaxter

Post by bbaxter »

Send me a PM with an address and I will get it sent out right away. BBaxter
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

This is a great idea! Glad you're happy with the board.
I'm planning on putting a chart together for what colors go where, but holding a second reference box has really helped me out before.