Anyone use World Upholstery recently?

General conversations about BMW E28s and the people who own them.
gwb72tii

Anyone use World Upholstery recently?

Post by gwb72tii »

There are lots of posts about who to source new skins for front and rear seats, from zoomzoomzoom-ing, World Upholstery and GAHH. But nothing recent with World. World Upholstery includes headrests and setback covers in their kits which actually makes them reasonable, cheap[er at least than GAHH.

My question is quality and how satisfied anyone that has recently redone their interior is with the end result? I need to get skins on order because everyone is 6 to 8 weeks out.

Anyone?
Etip

Re: Anyone use World Upholstery recently?

Post by Etip »

I used them 5 or 6 years ago for my Alfa. I was really disappointed. The headrest covers didn't fit at all and the upholsterer had to modify them and add extra padding (they still dont look right). Also, the piping was not nice or smooth.

I would not use them again.
bojangles

Post by bojangles »

I sourced some OEM cloth that has previously been unavailable for decades last year.
this was for my 1971 2002, with rare in North America cloth seats.
I could not possibly be more satisfied. The covers they made from the cloth I supplied was amazing and looks amazing and fit like a glove.
My car has gained a whole new life and level of awesomeness.
I cant say enough about Heather and Mars, the two people that made it all happen.
It was sorta custom work for them with me supplying the material, but they knocked it out of the ballpark!

Bruce ...

I got conned out of my M5 a few years ago... its been hard to look at this board for years... but I am still here. and I have some pretty cool ongoing projects - just not E28
WVe28

Post by WVe28 »

bojangles! That's a name I remember! :wave: I take it Heather and Mars are of World Upholstery? I'll be looking to outfit a couple cars soon.
bojangles wrote: Apr 20, 2022 6:59 PM I got conned out of my M5 a few years ago... its been hard to look at this board for years... but I am still here. and I have some pretty cool ongoing projects - just not E28
:shock: I'm sure many of us would love to hear that story. :popcorn: We can take it to the tailpipe if needed. :lol: