Anyone familiar with seat covers from Zoomzoomzoom-ing?

General conversations about BMW E28s and the people who own them.
stuartinmn

Anyone familiar with seat covers from Zoomzoomzoom-ing?

Post by stuartinmn »

A friend of mine has an old pair of Recaro seats that he's going to install in a 1966 Ford Mustang he's restoring/restomodding. He was looking around for someone who could provide new seat covers in the proper material and in a suitable pattern to match the rest of the car's interior, and found this place on eBay that told he they could do that: https://www.ebay.com/usr/zoomzoomzoom-i ... 3561.l2559 Anyone familiar with them? Looking through their eBay store I see they can do classic BMW sport seats; they also have replacement foam cushions available too. The pictures look good, but of course it's hard to say anything about the quality, fit and finish unless you can see their covers in person.
John in VA

Re: Anyone familiar with seat covers from Zoomzoomzoom-ing?

Post by John in VA »

Put zoomzoomzoom in the Search box to see previous threads:
https://www.mye28.com/googlesearch?cx=0 ... gsc.page=1
vinceg101

Post by vinceg101 »

No personal experience per se, but my friend had his two front seats in his E24 redone using these and with some caveats, they came out fairly well:

Lama leather.
Those caveats are:
1. These were installed by a master professional upholsterer (Juan Ortiz Interiors who did my seats in the recent M535i Interior thread).
2. The foam padding they sell had to be modified (cut, scraped, etc) to be able to fit both the seats and their own leather skins. It's too "fat" so use BMW foam if you can.
3. I think he had to make the piping (not sure, I would have to check with Doug Park since he was coordinating).
4. The grain is not exactly period correct for 1985 BMW (if that matters).
5. Take this however you may, but Juan said he wouldn't work with their skins again. This could be professional bias or something you really need to be concerned with, it is hard to say exactly. I believe the only reason these look as good as they do is because Juan is that good (and that is not just opinion, but pretty much fact).

My friend's experience with the seller/supplier was overall very positive. His shop/warehouse is here in Los Angeles just south of us so it was easy for him to go and put physical eyes on the skins before buying them. He had good communication and is very happy with what he got in the end (albeit he had added expense to have Juan install and work it all, but even they he got a good deal).
stuartinmn

Post by stuartinmn »

Thanks for the info and links.
Mike W.

Post by Mike W. »

vinceg101 wrote: Dec 03, 2021 6:04 PM No personal experience per se, but my friend had his two front seats in his E24 redone using these and with some caveats, they came out fairly well:

Lama leather.
Those caveats are:
1. These were installed by a master professional upholsterer (Juan Ortiz Interiors who did my seats in the recent M535i Interior thread).
2. The foam padding they sell had to be modified (cut, scraped, etc) to be able to fit both the seats and their own leather skins. It's too "fat" so use BMW foam if you can.
3. I think he had to make the piping (not sure, I would have to check with Doug Park since he was coordinating).
4. The grain is not exactly period correct for 1985 BMW (if that matters).
5. Take this however you may, but Juan said he wouldn't work with their skins again. This could be professional bias or something you really need to be concerned with, it is hard to say exactly. I believe the only reason these look as good as they do is because Juan is that good (and that is not just opinion, but pretty much fact).

My friend's experience with the seller/supplier was overall very positive. His shop/warehouse is here in Los Angeles just south of us so it was easy for him to go and put physical eyes on the skins before buying them. He had good communication and is very happy with what he got in the end (albeit he had added expense to have Juan install and work it all, but even they he got a good deal).
It may or may not have taken a master to make them look like that, but IMO they look great. :up: