Eric Keller (EAG CEO) has passed away...

General conversations about BMW E28s and the people who own them.
Snoopy11

Eric Keller (EAG CEO) has passed away...

Post by Snoopy11 »

I did not know Eric personally - but he was a huge asset in our BMW community. His contributions all over the internet will be missed-
may he rest peacefully.

My condolences to his family and the EAG team.

Maybe someone here knows more...

https://insideeko.com/eric-keller-eag-m ... ally-dead/
BMWCCA2

Re: Eric Keller (EAG CEO) has passed away...

Post by BMWCCA2 »

WEST CHESTER TOWNSHIP, Ohio —
A 39-year-old man is dead following a West Chester motorcycle crash Wednesday night.
It happened around 9:10 p.m. in the eastbound lanes of West Chester Road, between Butler-Warren Road and Outlook Drive.
According to officials, the driver of the motorcycle somehow went off the road and crashed.
The motorcyclist was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Butler County Coroner has identified the victim as 39-year-old Eric Keller, of Cincinnati.
Crash investigators say it is unclear if he was wearing a helmet at the time of the accident.
The cause of the accident remains unclear.
I met Eric at the BMW CCA open house last year. He was a personable young man who loved cars and had found his dream job. Too bad. Too sad. If you ride, wear the gear!
gray635

Post by gray635 »

Very sad, indeed. I dealt with Eric in the sale of 3 of my cars: 1986 Alpina B9 (currently for sale again at EAG), 1988 M5 (54K) and 1988 M3 (42K). All were very pleasant and satisfactory transactions. I was happy and EAG made some money., too He was a pleasure to deal with. Met him at the 2019 Vintage and we had a nice visit. I admired his ability to recognize and execute a very successful business model for selling really nice BMWs. He was a great ambassador for the brand.

Makes me glad, once again, that I never wanted a motorcycle.
alpinass

Post by alpinass »

WOW! Just saw that...so SAD!

I just checked out my old ALPINA B9 on EAG - $129,900 SAD at the end of the add it said to call Eric for details. :(
wkohler

Post by wkohler »

Really a bummer. Everyone has their opinion of EAG and really when it comes down to it, Eric was EAG so I'm interested to see where they go from here. We had our differences but in the end we understood each other pretty well and in turn got along well and saw each other at events like The Vintage or Legends of the Autobahn, so I am thankful for that. Like him or not, he built a hell of a business with a loyal clientele. Really a shame to hear the news. I honestly didn't believe it, just like I honestly didn't believe he was only 39. Not much older than I am and look at what he accomplished.
John SCB

Post by John SCB »

Very sad news. I recall meeting him at EAG in 2011. I noticed the CA license plate "WHT HOT" on the wall behind his desk. That plate was from a white E28 that was basically an M5 transplant. I recall seeing the car at the 2004 5er Fest in San Diego. He apparently bought the car and kept it as his own. It was not for sale. When I expressed interest in an E39 M5, he said I could drive anything on the lot. After driving three nice examples, the reality of owning such an expensive car kept me out of bankruptcy. He was fine with me walking away without buying anything. Super nice guy. RIP Eric.
RoyW

Post by RoyW »

So sad to hear the news about Eric's death... shocking in fact! He was a really good guy, a great BMW enthusiast, and had build one hell of a business. I purchased a car from him several years ago and he nearly bought two from me. He will be sorely missed in the BMW community. May he Rest in Peace and condolences to his family and friends.

-RoyW
Adam W in MN

Post by Adam W in MN »

Absolutely floored by this news. I agree with Chris K, what will the future hold for EAG?
John SCB

Post by John SCB »

A friend of mine drove past EAG the other day. There are very few (if any) cars on the lot. Hopefully this is just a pause in business and not permanent.
BMWCCA2

Post by BMWCCA2 »

It is quite possible that the rise in popularity and awareness of BaT has caused may owners of unique BMWs to try that venue instead of paying a premium to EAG to sell their prized cars for them, or lose potential profit selling to them.