New euro (Japan) E28 owner!

General conversations about BMW E28s and the people who own them.
pavulon

New euro (Japan) E28 owner!

Post by pavulon »

The months long Covid delay ends and its journey from British Columbia to my garage begins. I'm hopeful for its journey to be speedy and unremakable as well as for it to be a good starting point after a looong search.

https://imgur.com/AhcWney
Justin_FL
MyE28 IT Guru
MyE28 IT Guru

Re: New euro (Japan) E28 owner!

Post by Justin_FL »

Neat. Was wondering how that all worked out. Has to only be a handful of 518s in the US. Are you planning to keep the M10?
Kenny Blankenship

Post by Kenny Blankenship »

Where will it enter the US? At a Border Station in Washington or closer to you? Are you transporting the car or is a transport company doing it?
pavulon

Post by pavulon »

It's a 518i/auto and I'd most like to convert to M30/5-speed but am still debating that whole thing.

I'm paying for enclosed transportation through Washington. I couldn't risk having a big problem on the drive here so I'll work instead of drive while hoping for the best.
leadphut

Post by leadphut »

Good looking car. Keep us updated.
Nebraska_e28
Beamter
Beamter

Post by Nebraska_e28 »

Looking good!
Mike W.

Post by Mike W. »

Nice looking pickup! A bit of food for thought, keep in mind a 518i is very different than a 535i. All the way down to drum brakes in the back. You would really need a doner car to do the conversion there is so much different.

Regardless, looks good. :up:
pavulon

Post by pavulon »

It arrived this evening. Will begin looking it over soon. The previous owner converted the rear suspension and brakes to disc prior to shipping it out. Clear coat has failed on hood, (no sunroof) roof and trunk. Have a paint meter so will be going over it and see what's what. She's pretty small inside!
pavulon

Post by pavulon »

Paint meter shows consistent and thin readings everywhere but passenger side front fender and front door. No body filler thickness readings. No rust found. All in all, a really good soon to be 40 year old, globe-trotting starting point. My 17 year old daughter is very unimpressed. :roll:

Also stumbled into an e46 M3 fanatic with an 150k mile S54 sitting on a pallet in his warehouse today. Seems like it has possiblities.