New e28 M5 video

General conversations about BMW E28s and the people who own them.
stuartinmn

New e28 M5 video

Post by stuartinmn »

A new video about the e28 M5 from Car Ranger, which appears to be a German car review site: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5aYtDpdVLI You can turn on subtitles to translate to English, but it doesn't do a very good job as a lot of the subtitles are nonsensical.

The interesting thing to me is the car they reviewed seems unusually optioned, even for a euro car - it's lachssilber metallic with no shadow line trim or spoiler, and the interior is pretty basic with no a/c and just a dash clock instead of the trip computer. It's a good looking car, and it sounds great in the drive by shots.
garageboy

Re: New e28 M5 video

Post by garageboy »

Remember, this is a model from 1985, so I don't believe it had ABS either [edited: I was wrong about ABS]. Yeah, manual sunroof and clock blew me away. Few Euro cars that year had A/C, and no doubt it was not a car mit Katalysator.

I enjoyed the video except the same drive by shots were repeated over and over, like Fox News showing a loop of a crime to scare ya. ;) But seriously, I kinda feel sorry for this guy's girlfriend... I mean he could go on and on without inhaling... my German sucks so I had to use the auto-translate feature, which, as you said, doesn't always work so well...
Last edited by garageboy on Jun 16, 2021 5:41 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Rich Euro M5

Re: New e28 M5 video

Post by Rich Euro M5 »

If it's an '85 model Euro M5 it's possibly a later one. The early M5 did not have a shift pattern on the shifter knob, only the M slash with the M. The shift pattern was a decal on the ashtray lid. Also the early E28 M5 had the same inner trunk lid / toolbox as the Big 6 E28s, light grau in color. Many Euro E28 M5s were spec'd without the M-tech spoiler and M5 badging. This available as a delete option. As far as I know all E28 M5s had ABS, non of the German market cars had the S38B35, all had M88/3 engines, therefore no catalytic convertor.

My Euro M5 is 1018034 which is car #34, 02/85 build.

Richard