Have you read Rod's Automobile Pages that are archived on MyE28?

General conversations about BMW E28s and the people who own them.
Blue Shadow

Have you read Rod's Automobile Pages that are archived on MyE28?

Post by Blue Shadow »

One great source of information.

Should be required reading for everyone that wants to know and work on these cars.

https://www.mye28.com/tech/rods_pages/
rodpaine

Re: Have you read Rod's Automobile Pages that are archived on MyE28?

Post by rodpaine »

I am surprised and proud that my E28 web site is still popular. It was a great machine and many BMW owners became friends over the 30+ years I had this BMW. I had though about doing a web site of sorts about our 2019 Audi RS 3, but now at my age (soon to be 82) and all the time I spend on fast country back roads 2-3 days a week weather permitting, I am pretty busy with the Audi now days. Great vehicle indeed, as is its WONDERFUL 7-speed DSG transmission!

And thanks to many for your thoughtfull comments about my E28 web page! It was a work of LOVE and a great machine. And I hope it still is.
-Rod
stuartinmn

Post by stuartinmn »

A good reminder that all that information is available. I'm not quite the old timer like Rod (I've only had my car for about 22 years now) :) but I still look at his pages from time to time.
glowell222

Post by glowell222 »

Blue Shadow wrote: Jun 11, 2021 8:00 AM One great source of information.

Should be required reading for everyone that wants to know and work on these cars.

https://www.mye28.com/tech/rods_pages/
I read it just about once a month, not in its entirety-when I need to double check something I am working on or if I need some advice on maintenance or mods. Or if I don't have a new book to read or a science journal to read or I need some inspiration, or if I want to look at Rod's E28.
glowell222

Post by glowell222 »

rodpaine wrote: Jun 11, 2021 12:19 PM I am surprised and proud that my E28 web site is still popular. It was a great machine and many BMW owners became friends over the 30+ years I had this BMW. I had though about doing a web site of sorts about our 2019 Audi RS 3, but now at my age (soon to be 82) and all the time I spend on fast country back roads 2-3 days a week weather permitting, I am pretty busy with the Audi now days. Great vehicle indeed, as is its WONDERFUL 7-speed DSG transmission!

And thanks to many for your thoughtfull comments about my E28 web page! It was a work of LOVE and a great machine. And I hope it still is.
-Rod
Every forum and community have their humble experts, and we are no exception. I am certain that your pages helped me feel comfortable enough to join the E28 community, and I would not be surprised at all to learn I am not alone.
a

Post by a »

Rod's pages have a better instructions for replacing the M 20 timing belt than Bentley
Bonsaibacker

Post by Bonsaibacker »

Bookmarked in my browser. One visit and an enthusiast will appreciate and consume all of the info there.
Thank you Rod.
RetiredDoc

Post by RetiredDoc »

I read, enjoyed them, and learned from them back in the Roadfly and early mye28 days when they were new. I’ve had my 528e for 35 years now and it gets out of the garage to stretch its legs on sunny weekends.