suggestions for replacmeent aftermarket exhaust

General conversations about BMW E28s and the people who own them.
blockerb

suggestions for replacmeent aftermarket exhaust

Post by blockerb »

My 1986 528e M20 engine is stock except for the exhaust which appears to only have the rear muffler. Im guessing the catalytic convereted/silencer/resonator had been cut out and front and rear sections connected. I'm looking for a good aftermarket exhaust solution that will be close to the factory sound. right now it's quite throaty, which I don't want. i can't seemt o find a used front exhaust section to bring it back to factory specs , so maybe there's an aftermarket option out there to replace it with?
garageboy

Re: suggestions for replacmeent aftermarket exhaust

Post by garageboy »

If you were here in NY, I'd offer you my 528e exhaust (from 2/87). Muffler is stock; I believe my cat is aftermarket (DEC). It's sitting on a shelf in my garage. Sorry I can't help more... I highly recommend factory rear section for this car... best fit and finish.

I believe that the DEC cat (front section) with the factory muffler (rear section) is the best sound for this car. It is an M20, but chipped, your 1986 will see a nice improvement. The DEC cat is a nice sound without being stupid (like people half my age seems to like)...
blockerb

Re: suggestions for replacmeent aftermarket exhaust

Post by blockerb »

PM'd you.