Looks like we made it to the end (or close)

General conversations about BMW E28s and the people who own them.
south26

Looks like we made it to the end (or close)

Post by south26 »

So I am finally going to have people in to my house for the first time in over a year. All of them have been vaccinated. It is just weird to think that a year ago this time I was having problems with buying bread or even yeast to make bread. Things are getting better but not sure if they will ever be the same. What do you think?

Andy
stuartinmn

Re: Looks like we made it to the end (or close)

Post by stuartinmn »

People probably wondered the same thing in 1918 after the flu pandemic, but things did go back to normal eventually.
davintosh

Post by davintosh »

I just got back from a run to Costco, and was pleased to see the sign saying they've lifted the mask requirement for anyone who has been vaccinated. Gotta say it was good to see people's faces again. :up:
south26

Post by south26 »

True, but weird. I have to calm myself down. Been so use to thinking horrid things about people with no marks. Now I hope it is someone smart that has gotten their shots.

Andy
Mike W.

Post by Mike W. »

I know what you mean. We had my wife's sister and her husband over for dinner last weekend. Wasn't quite up for the usual hug and kiss on the cheek, I'm not really crazy about them, but damn, it was good to welcome them and have some human interaction. Yes, all vaccinated.

Masks have been so de rigueur for the past year it's hard to get used to not having to mask up all the time. And thinking ill of people who disregard the public safety guidelines. But as Stuart said, in time it will be a footnote, which I had assumed all along. I just didn't want to be a footnote myself. :laugh:
stuartinmn

Post by stuartinmn »

My brothers and I are taking our sister out for lunch tomorrow for the first time in many months. She did get Covid earlier this year and had to spend a week in the hospital; she's also 79 years old and has a pre existing condition of COPD so it was kind of scary, but she recovered and has been back home for a few months now. Since then she also got her vaccinations, and I read a thing in the paper today where they think people who have had Covid and got their shots may have lifetime immunity, so that's a good thing.
Dale3783

Post by Dale3783 »

south26 wrote: May 26, 2021 10:21 PM True, but weird. I have to calm myself down. Been so use to thinking horrid things about people with no marks. Now I hope it is someone smart that has gotten their shots.

Andy
If you're vaccinated, it doesn't really matter if someone else is or isn't.
south26

Post by south26 »

Dale3783 wrote: May 27, 2021 6:50 PM
south26 wrote: May 26, 2021 10:21 PM True, but weird. I have to calm myself down. Been so use to thinking horrid things about people with no marks. Now I hope it is someone smart that has gotten their shots.

Andy
If you're vaccinated, it doesn't really matter if someone else is or isn't.

I know, just habit. I Hated everyone that put me family in danger. Daughter has asthma. Every person that did not take it seriously was saying “hey it is ok if what I does kills you or your family.” So taking a bit of time. Also my kids can not get the shot yet, so still a little worry there.

Andy
Last edited by south26 on May 27, 2021 9:48 PM, edited 1 time in total.
garageboy

Post by garageboy »

Yes, I've been starting to have a few friends over at a time. We grill, drink, smoke, hang out. There's hugs, kisses, handshakes, sharing of food, and all those normal things we used to do. None of my unvaccinated friends are welcome in my home -- at least as of right now, until the numbers have adequately dropped to eliminate the daily threat. I know of a few "breakthrough" infections, but these are largely anecdotal. I'm not generally a lucky guy, so if the vaccine is 90% effective, I don't want to be part of the 10%, even though the vaccine does ensure that I won't die from Covid or end up in the hospital.

I'm not ready to go out to crowded bars and restaurants without knowing the vaccine status of others. That's a problem, and gonna continue to be a problem, for awhile yet.