Looks like we made it to the end (or close)

General conversations about BMW E28s and the people who own them.
south26

Looks like we made it to the end (or close)

Post by south26 »

So I am finally going to have people in to my house for the first time in over a year. All of them have been vaccinated. It is just weird to think that a year ago this time I was having problems with buying bread or even yeast to make bread. Things are getting better but not sure if they will ever be the same. What do you think?

Andy
glowell222

Re: Looks like we made it to the end (or close)

Post by glowell222 »

We had about 70 people over this past Saturday for my son's grad party. It was completely normal, and we don't know who was or was not vaxxed, nor do we care. Nobody was wearing masks. Pretty much everything is back to normal here and people who feel they need a mask are wearing masks. Traffic is almost back to pre-planned numbers (unfortunately) and the office is open but I tend to be the only person there. Supposed to wear a mask at all times in the office, but since it's typically just me I make sure to have one with me at all times.
Still quite shocked by the cognitive dissonance, though, particularly when comparing virus and flu cases via CDC website. "No flu cases because everyone was home or wearing masks". And the virus continued to spread just how, exactly? No critical thinking or deductive reasoning at all.
tn535i

Post by tn535i »

Anyone who is still living in fear can carry on with that. Their choice but not me, not even since this all began.

It's time we just said you have the opportunity to get the vaccine, If not or you don't want it, proceed at your own risk... Just like everything else in life there is risk.
Bimmerguy2002

Post by Bimmerguy2002 »

I had the rona in december of 2019 in the last week and the entirety of january of 2020, still havent recovered. This was never an issue, disease and death exists and it doesnt care who you are.
However all of this has been nonsense, the government is not the people's friend and people have been polarized due to the media they watch, they try to pit people against eachother with words like "trump" and "biden". The entire thing is a sham, people think the government is their friend and fauci and all his cronies are the gift to the people. Biden, the politicians are not anyone's friend, this whole government thing is out of control and is out to control the people (not in the conspiracy theorist way, but literally controlling information).
This country (USA) is not the same it was when it was founded, the people who are elected are liars and in bed with the media, someone is making money off of the scare tactics. The people in office dont care about anyone, they dont even know anyone exists.

Aside from myself, my whole church has been meeting non stop, only one other person got the rona the entire time, almost all of them are older boomers. Where are all the deaths? My friends mid 90s mom died of heart failure, and like many people, her death certificate was falsified as the rona.
The reason so many are dying is we have an epidemic of unhealthy boomers. That is why they call it the boomer remover, they were always at risk.
150-155k die every day, 25k a day from starvation, the reason this is highlighted is because in general people are unaware of death.
This whole world is sick and sin is running rampant, we see this in terrorist groups like antifa, blm, etc

The main issue is nobody wants to confront the blatant misinformation, the government is nobody's friend.

Yall need to repent.
glowell222

Post by glowell222 »

Well, this thread escalated quickly! :laugh:
Mike W.

Post by Mike W. »

Did Duke hijack Matt's account?
DFWTX85

Post by DFWTX85 »

Bimmerguy2002 wrote: Jun 02, 2021 6:00 PM I had the rona in december of 2019 in the last week and the entirety of january of 2020, still havent recovered. This was never an issue, disease and death exists and it doesnt care who you are.
However all of this has been nonsense, the government is not the people's friend and people have been polarized due to the media they watch, they try to pit people against eachother with words like "trump" and "biden". The entire thing is a sham, people think the government is their friend and fauci and all his cronies are the gift to the people. Biden, the politicians are not anyone's friend, this whole government thing is out of control and is out to control the people (not in the conspiracy theorist way, but literally controlling information).
This country (USA) is not the same it was when it was founded, the people who are elected are liars and in bed with the media, someone is making money off of the scare tactics. The people in office dont care about anyone, they dont even know anyone exists.

Aside from myself, my whole church has been meeting non stop, only one other person got the rona the entire time, almost all of them are older boomers. Where are all the deaths? My friends mid 90s mom died of heart failure, and like many people, her death certificate was falsified as the rona.
The reason so many are dying is we have an epidemic of unhealthy boomers. That is why they call it the boomer remover, they were always at risk.
150-155k die every day, 25k a day from starvation, the reason this is highlighted is because in general people are unaware of death.
This whole world is sick and sin is running rampant, we see this in terrorist groups like antifa, blm, etc

The main issue is nobody wants to confront the blatant misinformation, the government is nobody's friend.

Yall need to repent.
I'd say that the very fresh details surrounding the Fauci email leaks, on their own, should be enough to convince people that things were absolutely not being accurately represented on such a grand scale...
south26

Post by south26 »

Mike W. wrote: Jun 03, 2021 12:57 AM Did Duke hijack Matt's account?
Have not heard about Duke in years. or ban island

Andy
John in VA

Post by John in VA »

south26 wrote: Jun 03, 2021 3:30 PM Have not heard about Duke in years
He comes up from time to time in my Facebook "people I should know" section.
https://www.facebook.com/duke.samouce
Mike W.

Post by Mike W. »

John in VA wrote: Jun 03, 2021 6:44 PM
south26 wrote: Jun 03, 2021 3:30 PM Have not heard about Duke in years
He comes up from time to time in my Facebook "people I should know" section.
https://www.facebook.com/duke.samouce
One more reason I don't do facebook.
foolish

Post by foolish »

I recently closed my FB due to a number of things.
garageboy

Post by garageboy »

Yes, I had my shots in Feb and March, and I have been having friends over every weekend since. And then some.

I told my unvaccinated friends that they can pound dirt until the virus numbers are down to noise level... I'll see them next year... or whenever. I'm enjoying spending time with my science-based vaccinated friends. It's a pleasure to hang out with them, since they are as respectful of me as I am of them. I hope my unvaccinated friends catch up some day and stop behaving like belligerently ignorant morons.

Of course, that doesn't apply to anyone here unvaccinated. You guys are f'n geniuses. :| :moon:
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

I've gotten the jab and I still wear a mask and don't go in public a lot. Not out of fear, just practicing being an introvert and hiding my near constant grumbles about "people".
glowell222

Post by glowell222 »

garageboy wrote: Jun 16, 2021 3:56 AM Yes, I had my shots in Feb and March, and I have been having friends over every weekend since. And then some.

I told my unvaccinated friends that they can pound dirt until the virus numbers are down to noise level... I'll see them next year... or whenever. I'm enjoying spending time with my science-based vaccinated friends. It's a pleasure to hang out with them, since they are as respectful of me as I am of them. I hope my unvaccinated friends catch up some day and stop behaving like belligerently ignorant morons.

Of course, that doesn't apply to anyone here unvaccinated. You guys are f'n geniuses. :| :moon:
I am vaccinated. If you are vaccinated, why do you care if someone else isn't, particularly a friend? Asking only out of curiosity.
vinceg101

Post by vinceg101 »

glowell222 wrote: Jun 22, 2021 1:04 PM
garageboy wrote: Jun 16, 2021 3:56 AM Yes, I had my shots in Feb and March, and I have been having friends over every weekend since. And then some.

I am vaccinated. If you are vaccinated, why do you care if someone else isn't, particularly a friend? Asking only out of curiosity.
Well, the efficacy of the vaccine is only around 90-93% depending on which one (less with the J&J?). So it's kind of about that 7% risk (which is extremely low admittedly), but there are increasing cases where fully vaccinated people and even those who had it already, have come down with C19 by being exposed to those who have not been vaccinated yet. Also, the new Delta variant and the future variants are likely to worm their way around the vaccine so it's still best to reduce your exposure whenever you can, at least in the interim.
garageboy

Post by garageboy »

glowell222 wrote: Jun 22, 2021 1:04 PM I am vaccinated. If you are vaccinated, why do you care if someone else isn't, particularly a friend? Asking only out of curiosity.
Valid question. The vaccine is 90+% effective. That means it's not 100% effective. Data suggests that it IS 100% effective in preventing serious illness, hospitalization, and death. And that's great. But I don't generally feel like a lucky guy. And from what I'm reading about "long-haulers" and other long-term health problems, I can say with certainty that I do not want to get this thing, vaccinated or not. The more I can do to protect myself, the better.

I have friends from all walks of life. Sadly, a good chunk of my friends have become conspiracy-believing, belligerently uninformed jackasses. We still have many things in common, and I am hopeful that they will get past the hysteria and anger they're currently expressing. When that happens, I am hopeful we can re-establish our friendships, and I will welcome them back into civil society. And my home.
tn535i

Post by tn535i »

Where I work they have allowed us to take off our mask if we have been vaccinated and they check against the state registry before they exempt you. So while it feels more normal (no mask) at times or in small circles it has also made me feel like a dog that has to have a tag to prove I had my 'shots'.

I do not know what normal or the end looks like anymore. If a mask could stop lies, deception, fear mongering, brainwashing, power grabs and cancelations of the truth, then we should require all to be wearing them.
Last edited by tn535i on Jun 24, 2021 9:00 AM, edited 1 time in total.
glowell222

Post by glowell222 »

Thanks for your reasoned and reasonable responses.
a

Post by a »

Just get the fu@&ing shot. Gee whiz, The shot will keep you out of the hospital. So far it will protect you from the latest variant. Viruses mutate. The more you try to kill them, the stronger they become. I was in first grade when the Salk polio vaccine was distributed. I don't remember anybody refusing to take it. The whole class was summoned to the nurses office. And it hurt.
stuartinmn

Post by stuartinmn »

a wrote: Jun 25, 2021 2:05 PMI was in first grade when the Salk polio vaccine was distributed. I don't remember anybody refusing to take it. The whole class was summoned to the nurses office. And it hurt.
I remember that. We all lined up in the elementary school gym and the doctor gave us each a shot, using a giant needle that looked like something you'd use on a horse. :D He used the same needle for everyone, too - he'd stick one kid, then hold the tip of the needle over a bunsen burner for a few seconds to 'sterilize' it, then he'd stick it in the next kid's arm. Medical science has advanced since then...

Back to the present day: All restrictions have been lifted here, other than masks are still required at clinics or hospitals, or when riding on public transport (buses, light rail, airlines.) Since they were lifted, the daily report of new infections and deaths has remained very low, so at least in Minnesota we seem to be over the hump. Having said that, the rate of vaccinations has dropped off quite a bit and they're having difficulty getting to those people who are holding out for whatever reason.

It does feel a little odd to be able to go into a store or restaurant sans mask, and there are still a fair amount of people wearing them anyway. Most places still have plexiglass shields erected at the checkout counter, although I've read that the efficacy of those things has been proven to be pretty minimal.
Mike W.

Post by Mike W. »

a wrote: Jun 25, 2021 2:05 PM Just get the fu@&ing shot. Gee whiz, The shot will keep you out of the hospital. So far it will protect you from the latest variant. Viruses mutate. The more you try to kill them, the stronger they become. I was in first grade when the Salk polio vaccine was distributed. I don't remember anybody refusing to take it. The whole class was summoned to the nurses office. And it hurt.
Words of wisdom once again from Andy.

But really I think the government dropped the ball a bit. Both sides. IMO they should have come out with a massive ad campaign pushing patriotism and the medical aspect. Rock Stars, Movie Stars, Doctors, men and women in the armed forces, right wing wackos, left wing wackos, everyday people, Rosie the Riveter posters and billboards, just blanket the country. Oh well, another, When I'm King things will be different event. :laugh:
glowell222

Post by glowell222 »

The other unhelpful issue WRT the vaccination rollout has been the silencing of, attacks on, and outright slandering and vilification of those who had or have legitimate medical and scientific questions and concerns. Not really the best way to persuade people.
garageboy

Post by garageboy »

glowell222 wrote: Jul 07, 2021 2:55 PM The other unhelpful issue WRT the vaccination rollout has been the silencing of, attacks on, and outright slandering and vilification of those who had or have legitimate medical and scientific questions and concerns. Not really the best way to persuade people.
I have friends that have varying levels of immunological health problems; they spoke with their doctors directly about their specific risk factors; most of them were advised to take the vaccine; one was told to wait since they expose themselves to minimal risk and are in the middle of chemo.

So exactly what "legitimate medical and scientific questions and concerns"? Because, to be honest, all the other "concerns" I have witnessed is from belligerent ignoramuses that, through their ill-conceived non-scientific concerns, bring "slander" and "vilification" upon themselves.
glowell222

Post by glowell222 »

I am not talking about the typical anti-vaxxer. I am speaking of doctors and scientists who have brought forward legitimate questions and concerns, none of which I am qualified or knowledgeable enough to discuss with someone as well-informed, civil, and non-judgmental as yourself.
garageboy

Post by garageboy »

glowell222 wrote: Jul 08, 2021 2:09 PM I am not talking about the typical anti-vaxxer. I am speaking of doctors and scientists who have brought forward legitimate questions and concerns, none of which I am qualified or knowledgeable enough to discuss with someone as well-informed, civil, and non-judgmental as yourself.
I commend you on your very effective sarcasm. Well done.

But live a little. Give it a try. Just one or two of all those "legitimate questions and concerns". I'll count to 60 before I respond. And I'll re-read it and edit it and tone it down before I hit submit. Your sarcasm has certainly earned a bit of restraint on my part. :)