UPDATE 11/18: TexFest 2021 - Oct. 7th to Oct. 10th

General conversations about BMW E28s and the people who own them.
Pavel

UPDATE 11/18: TexFest 2021 - Oct. 7th to Oct. 10th

Post by Pavel »

UPDATE 09/30

Check the latest post for Agenda update! If you still are planning on coming, don't hesitate. There could be room for you.

We have 46 cars registered, and about 90 people in attendance.

UPDATE 09/23

Cabin #10 is NO longer available.

IMPORTANT: The rest of the reservation holders - there is a waiver that you and each of the occupants of your cabin/house need to sign in order to get a key. Please do so before you arrive, especially if you are arriving past 6pm. There will be no one to give you a key after 6pm if you haven't submitted your waiver! So just take the time and do it now. Takes 2 minutes.

Food sign-up closes next week. Don't forget to sign up for the group cook-off and potluck (if you want).

UPDATE 09/07

Registration is now closed.

But this year you have 1 more important task to do, if you would like of course.

Food planning

This is brought to you by a few of us, and started by Eric, Sean. Kris and gang. So big thank you to all that are putting it together and participating.

WHAT IS IT?

This is a sign up for food. This year we will cook for ourselves. No more food trucks and catering. The only planned meals are

Breakfast- Friday, Saturday, Sunday - courtesy of our hosts
Lunch- Saturday - Canyon BBQ and Grill in Campwood, TX at 1pm.

We need your head count in your party, and decision if you would like to participate in a Potluck Cooking completion on Friday.

This will close on September 29th. Based on commitment we will contact you on what we would like to collect ahead of time via Venmo, Zelle, CashApp towards the food. Expect about 10 dollars per person.

That will cover 2 dinners (Thursday, Saturday) Can't beat that. Keep in mind if you don't sign up, we will have hard time providing food on the spot. Most of the items will be bought ahead of time.

Don't worry about cooking it. We have volunteers already signed up!

https://forms.gle/9LtxW9jEEXZJjTuz6

One month away... Is it October yet?

UPDATE 08/31

Shirts are designed.

Here.

I will trade you 1 shirt for 1 car registration (and one for your co-pilot). Extras available too! Don't be shy. Shipment possible too.

Same link, deadline is 09/03 - https://forms.gle/Bfs7G5FkRC5S6P2b9

Due to our ever growing community, this year we will go for 2 free shirts per vehicle. Any additional shirts will be sold at face value of $12. If you sign up for additional shirts, I will reach out to you individually for pre-payment. If you require shipment that can be arranged as well.

This will help us to utilize the sponsors funds to purchase banners, flags, awards etc.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Mark your calendars! TexFest dates are set in stone.

As promised below is the information you all have been waiting for.

Read it all, please:

When: 10/07-10/10
Where: Lazy Hills Retreat, Ingram, TX

How: mention TexFest on (830) 367-1445 - Nora or Angella will take your reservation. Make sure you clarify any questions you have on cancellations.
Please refer to the pdf for cabin numbers, price and map of the facility. https://drive.google.com/file/d/11B_H9o ... sp=sharing

What happens from May 1st on - we have a 45-day window that allows everybody to call and book their lodging, just like previous years. I have put a $500 deposit that guarantees that only our guys and gals can book during that time as they mention TexFest. If we book the facility by June 15th, all the amenities are ours to use for free, and the $500 becomes an incidental deposit.

If we don't book it fully, there will be outside people staying with us and we won't be able to have the amenities for free, or be as loud as we usually are. The deposit can be used towards any of the pavilions and such for an hourly rate. Alternatively we can probably use the parking lot with tents to create the event.

Outside of the 45-day window will be trickier but we have an agreement if there are vacant cabins and people book even in October, that our original arrangements will be honored.

I do believe we will fill the place up, as we had 60 people during last year's event. And this can comfortably sleep 70 and upto 163, which is every pillow gets a head even the sofas! We have never used sofas and bunk beds to sleep on before.
Food-wise this year will be entirely pot-luck. It was a great success in 2020, and we will no longer plan for catered food trucks. Couple of the guys are helping me put this together.

And I want to use this opportunity to thank Eric for helping me find our lodging for 2021, and also scout driving routes. More info to follow!
Please proceed at your earliest convenience! Nora and Angela are expecting your call. And let us know what number you are in.

Last edited by Pavel on Nov 18, 2021 4:54 PM, edited 13 times in total.
Nebraska_e28
Beamter
Beamter

Re: TexFest 2021 - Oct. 7th to Oct. 10th

Post by Nebraska_e28 »

#subscribed
#whatcanidragtotexas
Pavel

Post by Pavel »

No surprised! Looking forward to it, LJ! :cool:
Motronic

Post by Motronic »

Pavel wrote: Apr 06, 2021 8:31 AM October 7th-October 10th in the Hill Country NorthWest of San Antonio.

Our new location is reserved, deposit is paid for a booking window that opens on May 1st. More info comes out in 3 week.
I'll be there finally this year. Going to make a nice long road trip around the event spanning multiple states. :beer:
cek

Post by cek »

I expect to be there. Life may not cooperate. We shall see.
Nebraska_e28
Beamter
Beamter

Post by Nebraska_e28 »

Motronic wrote: Apr 07, 2021 8:20 PM
Pavel wrote: Apr 06, 2021 8:31 AM October 7th-October 10th in the Hill Country NorthWest of San Antonio.

Our new location is reserved, deposit is paid for a booking window that opens on May 1st. More info comes out in 3 week.
I'll be there finally this year. Going to make a nice long road trip around the event spanning multiple states. :beer:
Enjoy the drive! It was a blast the year I drove down from Cali.
Hit Man X

Post by Hit Man X »

Unless I die, I am there. I know it is in the hill county again...aside from that, no clue. :?
angry_ass_official

Post by angry_ass_official »

Look forward to seeing y’all there!
Hit Man X

Post by Hit Man X »

Hey Ass, bring stickers. I want one plz. :laugh:

Apparently venue is boss, I am excited with routes through wild places!
Pavel

Post by Pavel »

TexFest-ers, you have been patient! And it pays off. Lodging information posted above!
Hit Man X

Post by Hit Man X »

Vista Roost here!
Motronic

Post by Motronic »

Woo Hoo I'm booked!! See you guys there!
Pavel

Post by Pavel »

Just heard back from the venue, you guys killed it on day ONE!

All that is left are

Gate House, Ranch House A, Rooms: 3, 8, 11, 14

If you need to cancel, make changes, please work directly with Lazy Hills. They will manage a waitlist too.
JeffL

Post by JeffL »

If anyone wants to share a Ranch House,let me know. They sleep a lot.

Jeff
Pavel

Post by Pavel »

All cabins are now booked!

Few of the ranch homes are probably able to take some people. @HitmanX is one of them.
Hit Man X

Post by Hit Man X »

JeffL wrote: May 02, 2021 11:20 AM If anyone wants to share a Ranch House,let me know. They sleep a lot.

Jeff

You got my number, gimme a buzz. Is Sammy coming too?

Back two bedrooms are mine and Kris' - http://lazyhillsretreat.com/images/room ... layout.jpg
Hit Man X

Post by Hit Man X »

Double queen rooms gone and El Rey room for me. Pipe up folks, down to two bunks, thus four twins.
Pavel

Post by Pavel »

Lazy Hills Retreat major update:

The 45-day booking window has passed as of last week, and because you guys and girls booked the whole venue in less than 48hrs we have access to all the amenities Fri-Sun. There was a little question about Thursday night, and how we handle access to one of the main pavilions (Party Pavilion) as not everyone was staying that first night. Which is understandable as not everyone can take off two days.

Our hosts have agreed to let us use the Party Pavilion free of charge, and the $500 deposit will now become incidental! Well done to all of us!

Something that might have been missed in previous updates - Breakfast is included for everyone staying at LHR.

Next steps are for us to start planning pot-luck for dinners; and of course registrations! Stay Tuned!
Hit Man X

Post by Hit Man X »

Four twin beds still available at Vista Roost. All else as of this post, is occupied. Contact me if you want one.
Pavel

Post by Pavel »

As updated in the top post:

TexFest-ers we are 2 months away!

This means we are ready to collect your shirt sizes. Please follow the link https://forms.gle/Bfs7G5FkRC5S6P2b9

Due to our ever growing community, this year we will go for 2 free shirts per vehicle. Any additional shirts will be sold at face value of $12. If you sign up for additional shirts, I will reach out to you individually for pre-payment. If you require shipment that can be arranged as well.

This will help us to utilize the sponsors funds to purchase banners, flags, awards etc.
1st 5er

Post by 1st 5er »

Pavel wrote: Aug 06, 2021 11:29 AM As updated in the top post:

This means we are ready to collect your shirt sizes. Please follow the link https://forms.gle/Bfs7G5FkRC5S6P2b9

How 'bout dem Jab Cardz?
Will there be check points? :lol:
travisj

Post by travisj »

Where are the photos of the shirts? Reno has photos. Maybe Charlie can help you post photos. Photos.
Pavel

Post by Pavel »

travisj wrote: Aug 08, 2021 10:18 PM

Where are the photos of the shirts? Reno has photos. Maybe Charlie can help you post photos. Photos.
Please use the search function.
ZINZ

Post by ZINZ »

With the host venue booked up, any suggestions as to where folks can stay nearby?

How would y'all feel if a bunch of 2002s showed up? Our big national event was just recently canceled and there are a bunch of Texas 2002 drivers itching to get together and drive with like-minded maniacs.

I had planned on bringing my '88 535i, but lots of 5ers are telling me to bring my '67 2000CS instead... we'll see.

Ed Z
Hffvdbl

Post by Hffvdbl »

Bring the 2002s, everything is welcome. I'll be driving an e24 or maybe even an e30 if its ready. It doesnt matter. This event is truly about the people. Im excited to see everyone!