Anyone experienced in shipping from Canada to US?

General conversations about BMW E28s and the people who own them.
Bonsaibacker

Anyone experienced in shipping from Canada to US?

Post by Bonsaibacker »

Working on completing a transaction from Canada to US. Large boxes going on a palate and shipping arranged through YRC. Just need to confirm proper documentation and filing out said documents. Advice needed and appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Eric.
dsmith

Re: Anyone experienced in shipping from Canada to US?

Post by dsmith »

Hey, Eric, I would expect YRC would handle this for you. Are they not supporting?
Bonsaibacker

Post by Bonsaibacker »

They have the BOL but I need to fill out a commercial invoice (which I found on line) that requires necessary info like "tariffs" and such. This was a surprise when he went to drop off at YRC so I am looking to get all the ducks in a row before we try again.

I'm just a country boy trying to get some seats shipped from my Canadian E28 brother. Simple disturbed by bureaucracy!
dsmith

Post by dsmith »

Ok, so they will handle the customs transactions, but want you to provide the invoice. Still, I would think they can walk the shipper through the fields. No reason to have to guess.

Here’s a pretty straightforward link:
https://commercialinvoiceform.org/howto.html

YRC should be able to clarify incoterms, based on your transaction.

I spent the last few nights on the phone with China trying to move from China to Hong Kong to US. Super fun.
Bonsaibacker

Post by Bonsaibacker »

Thank you David. I did not anticipate (ignorance is beautiful!) any hiccups and seems like a simple transaction. I was on the phone with the shipper while he was trying to drop off at YRC speaking with their representative. They are not in the business of educating rookies...

That being said, this seems like a simple document and very doable. Really wanting to make a smooth experience for the shipper as I told him I would oversee.

Given your career, I should have reached out to you in the first place for guidance. I like YRC and have had great experiences with them. Always learning.

Thanks again.