Varmints

General conversations about BMW E28s and the people who own them.
topher800

Varmints

Post by topher800 »

Someone is convinced....

Last edited by topher800 on Sep 29, 2020 8:26 AM, edited 1 time in total.
dsmith

Re: Varments

Post by dsmith »

stuartinmn

Post by stuartinmn »

Varmints?
Bonsaibacker

Post by Bonsaibacker »

dsmith wrote: Sep 28, 2020 7:19 PM I can only think of this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SMwo4DHqdX8
Wasn't expecting that and thank you. OP might take a different approach though.
topher800

Post by topher800 »

stuartinmn wrote: Sep 28, 2020 8:25 PMVarmints?
Corrected.
davintosh

Re: Varmints

Post by davintosh »

When living in Germany we learned about marders -- similar to pine martens in North America. The marders are nocturnal, and very territorial. They patrol their territory and leave their mark wherever they go. For some reason they really like cars, and will crawl over the top of a car to leave their mark on it. The only place available to park my M535i was outside; I installed a marderschreck under the hood -- a device that attaches to the battery and emits an ultrasonic tone at intervals to keep critters out -- and it seemed to work to keep the neighborhood marder out of there, but he'd climb over the top, and loved to crap on the retracted antenna. I'd clean it off, and the next night there'd be fresh crap there again. Grrr!

It seems like they'd really do a lot of damage to a car when it was parked overnight somewhere other than it usually is; a marder would smell that it had been marked by another marder, and go nuts looking for it. The school we worked for had a three-year old Mercedes Vito van that had to be salvaged because a marder got into the engine bay when it was parked overnight in a neighboring town, and chewed up enough wiring and other rubber bits that the cost of repairing it exceeded its value by a couple thousand Euros. They're a big problem in some places there!