What did you do in/to your Garage today?

General conversations about BMW E28s and the people who own them.
Mike W.

Re: What did you do in/to your Garage today?

Post by Mike W. »

vinceg101 wrote: Mar 30, 2021 3:41 AM I made this little tool sometime back last summer, but I had to fire up the M535i since I couldn't remember the last time it left The Hangar.
Even with the hangar door open and the rear door open also, running a car in here gets problematic.

Simple parts: 33' of 6" diameter high temperature vent hose, (1) 6" Inline Duct Fan, (1) 6" hose clamp and some HVAC seam tape. Works like a charm and I don't pass out. Yay!
I like it! Even with my stuff that I think of as new just about asphyxiates me if I have been backed in and do a cold start, I can only imagine what the hanger and the M535i must be like.
gadget73

Post by gadget73 »

first time I started my diesel after doing the timing belt I got a face full of that stink. Had the door open and the back end of the car was facing it, but I get a pretty steady breeze coming in through the door. Diesel engines reek despite what the brodozer crowd seems to think.
gadget73

Post by gadget73 »

boat motor is back together, spent time polishing it. Need to hit the lower unit with some rubbing compound. It has a bit of an orange stain from the water, and I'd prefer it go away. Need to get some touch-up paint too, over the last 14 years there are some spots where the paint rubbed off. Still need to change the lower unit oil, so I'll do that first and then detail the motor.
gadget73

Post by gadget73 »

oil changed. Had just enough, pump started sucking air as it started coming out of the fill level hole.