Has anyone ever bought parts from this site?

General conversations about BMW E28s and the people who own them.
Philo

Re: Has anyone ever bought parts from this site?

Post by Philo »

I haven't, but looking at their parts prices are pretty up there..
bronzitbill

Post by bronzitbill »

yeah but it seems like it's catch as catch can for E28 areo parts
cek

Post by cek »

I would never buy something from classiceuroparts.com.

I think they are low-integrity, scammers. You can and should find other sellers to do business with.

Examples abound of how they use shady business practices and misrepresent things.

A personal example:

They have been listing their "Euro small front spoiler for E28 M5" using a photo of my car, that I took for over two years.

a) My photos are copyrighted and clearly licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic. They are using my photos for commercial use without attribution. In addition they have put THEIR watermark on my copyrighted photo, claiming it as their own. You can find the original photo here: And please feel free use it as you wish for non-commercial purposes! If you use it for commercial purposes, per the license, all you need to do is attribute the photo to me. https://www.flickr.com/photos/ckindel/2 ... 045253507/

b) My car has a real BMW OEM M5 front lip. It is also not an M5. Thus they are misrepresenting how well (or not) their reproduction part fits and looks. I've had several people comment that their part does not fit correctly, and then ask me how I got it to fit. I have to explain that my car has an OEM part.

I have notified them of these facts and they have ignored me and continued to scam people.

Do better. Shop elsewhere.
jhh925

Post by jhh925 »

Charlie: This is valuable info. You should post your info a second time in a new thread with the name of the business in the title ("Why you should never buy from ClassifEuroParts.com").
wkohler

Post by wkohler »

They used my car in the second photo. :(
1st 5er

Post by 1st 5er »

Noted. :evil:

Thanks for the heads up(down). :roll:
1st 5er

Post by 1st 5er »

My guess is, most won't care. :(
BenGerman

Post by BenGerman »

Charlie has a good point about promoting OEM fitment while selling reproductions that don’t fit properly.

I bought one of the well know reproduction models and the fitment is fairly frustrating. There is 3 main concerns:

1.) The lip overall is too narrow, while this wouldn’t be an issue with the flexible OEM material, it certainly is with the thick and stiff fiberglass. There is always tension on it when you are trying to mount the lip, pulling it down further. You can see that pretty good in the pictures. It would take a lot of Dremel work to make it fit properly.

2.) the mounting points: the replicas don’t have any holders for studs, they are smooth from the back side.
This leaves you with two options: glue studs to the back side and hope they hold (spoiler: they won’t) or drill through the front of the lip and use countersunk bolts, glue them in, Bondo the heads and repaint the lip while mounted to the valance.
Due to the lip not being flexible at all, I don’t see how you would be able to take the lip off again this way.

3.) tow hook covers: the two hook covers are fake, they can’t actually be removed. So unless you come up with a smart idea, your front tow hooks will be useless. You would have to take the lip off (see 1 & 2 for the challenges of that whole being on the side of the road) if you wanted to access them.
While I’m certainly not anticipating needing them, it’s still a 30 year old car and things can go wrong. Yes, we have a rear tow hook but the off centered position together with reverse pulling sucks.

Unfortunately, BMW has once again raised the prices for the OEM piece, it is now close to $800. I bought My last OEM one in 2017 for just over $300. Wish there was alternatives. But I haven’t found one yet.
bronzitbill

Post by bronzitbill »

Thank you, guys. The spoiler shown by cek is exactly what I was looking to purchase. Since its so rare, I guess I probably won't be getting one.
BenGerman

Post by BenGerman »

wkohler

Post by wkohler »

“Often damaged or missing” 😂
bronzitbill

Post by bronzitbill »

BenGerman wrote: Aug 06, 2020 3:28 PM You can still get the OEM one new:

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-bmw ... 711935114/
not for that price
Kenny Blankenship

Post by Kenny Blankenship »

cek wrote: Aug 06, 2020 1:09 PM I would never buy something from classiceuroparts.com.

I think they are low-integrity, scammers. You can and should find other sellers to do business with.

Examples abound of how they use shady business practices and misrepresent things.

A personal example:

They have been listing their "Euro small front spoiler for E28 M5" using a photo of my car, that I took for over two years.

a) My photos are copyrighted and clearly licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic. They are using my photos for commercial use without attribution. In addition they have put THEIR watermark on my copyrighted photo, claiming it as their own. You can find the original photo here: And please feel free use it as you wish for non-commercial purposes! If you use it for commercial purposes, per the license, all you need to do is attribute the photo to me. https://www.flickr.com/photos/ckindel/2 ... 045253507/

b) My car has a real BMW OEM M5 front lip. It is also not an M5. Thus they are misrepresenting how well (or not) their reproduction part fits and looks. I've had several people comment that their part does not fit correctly, and then ask me how I got it to fit. I have to explain that my car has an OEM part.

I have notified them of these facts and they have ignored me and continued to scam people.

Do better. Shop elsewhere.
Threaten legal action???

Thanks to all for the info. I was considering them for some E23 stuff.
Tulsa6

Post by Tulsa6 »

Good to know, I saw their site from looking for e30 parts and will ask many more questions should I have to buy from them; e30 bumper parts are getting hard to find.

They look like they could be a pretty big outfit with all the makes represented; maybe the copyright concerns have not reached the right person?
cek

Post by cek »

Tulsa6 wrote: Aug 20, 2020 7:53 AM Good to know, I saw their site from looking for e30 parts and will ask many more questions should I have to buy from them; e30 bumper parts are getting hard to find.

They look like they could be a pretty big outfit with all the makes represented; maybe the copyright concerns have not reached the right person?
Looks are deceiving.
RetiredDoc

Post by RetiredDoc »

They may indeed be a big outfit.

However...I have researched suppliers for decades, back to the time when you had to obtain paper 10-K filings and actually use a landline to call BBB offices in various cities. For some exchange listed companies, I used to buy a single share of stock just to have access to the information they released to shareholders. The internet has made this far easier. For a physical address, you can use Google Earth to see if an advertised facility actually exists. Sometimes it doesn’t. What is pictured on a web site as a modern office building is sometimes a house in a residential area.

For this seller, I can find no filings, no reports other than a few scattered reviews, no names of officers, no physical location, no offices, and no employment figures. I found one report of company income expressed as $61,000 per employee, but w/o employee data this could be one guy with a nice web site doing business from home as a drop shipper vs a company with an R&D division and a warehouse and shipping department.

As I’m sure all of you know, eBay has many, many drop shippers selling items they never see or touch. Some also do their drop ship business through Amazon as well. The report that the company is using copyrighted images of products belonging to others is a red flag.
the_illermiller

Post by the_illermiller »

I wasn't aware that they stole photos at the time I purchased my stuff almost two years ago. Looking now the pictures of the spoilers on cars weren't there (or I didn't scroll far enough in). That's unfortunate.

I purchased a late Pfeba spoiler, tow hook covers, and late euro valance and can confirm most of what's been said.

The positives: Everything I ordered arrived within two months, intact. Also, they're definitely not based in the states and I don't think they're very big. The negatives: The fitment was tolerable (for me, my car isn't the prettiest) on the parts I received, but the quality left a lot to be desired.

The tow hook covers were made via a silicone mold and urethane casting(lots of air bubbles and minor warping). It took a bit of filler and lots of sanding. The valance was what you'd expect (ebay sheet metal quality). The steel is thinner and the crimping on the top edge where the metal is folded wasn't as neatly done as OEM. The spoiler mounting points were fine. I had nothing to compare to and had to go off of pictures and where I thought things should go. Material wise, it does not compare to the original early Pfeba spoiler I have. That thing is super beefy, yet still flexible... the repro is very flexible and not very beefy.
Zeuropa

Post by Zeuropa »

This is a timely thread... I'm in the process of fitting one of their late e28 valance kits to my 533i. I knew I was in for some massaging and shaping but still more than I expected. The hang-up right now is fitting the tow hook covers (which I believe are OEM) to the aftermarket valance. I had done test fitments of the fog lights and turn signals, but for some reason didn't think to try the tow hook covers. Surprise - they don't fit well at all and I'm scratching my head at what needs tweaking to make it them fit. This lead me to consider their "Euro small front spoiler for E28 M5" because it would solve my tow hook cover issue. Enter this thread... I don't think I need anymore fitment headaches, regardless of price.

Perhaps WhiteJaguar will make us a better quality M5 spoiler... (hint, hint)

And CEK, it seems they are no longer using your pics in their advert. (But can you blame them for trying? Your car is spot on!)

Anyway, thanks for the solid info everyone.

Cheers
cek

Post by cek »

Zeuropa wrote: Aug 31, 2020 9:30 PM This is a timely thread... I'm in the process of fitting one of their late e28 valance kits to my 533i. I knew I was in for some massaging and shaping but still more than I expected. The hang-up right now is fitting the tow hook covers (which I believe are OEM) to the aftermarket valance. I had done test fitments of the fog lights and turn signals, but for some reason didn't think to try the tow hook covers. Surprise - they don't fit well at all and I'm scratching my head at what needs tweaking to make it them fit. This lead me to consider their "Euro small front spoiler for E28 M5" because it would solve my tow hook cover issue. Enter this thread... I don't think I need anymore fitment headaches, regardless of price.

And CEK, it seems they are no longer using your pics in their advert. (But can you blame them for trying? Your car is spot on!)

Cheers
They still don't show any photos of a car with the spoiler they sell actually attached.

And I *can* blame them for trying. By using any car other than one with THEIR shitty product installed, they are lying. I'm surprised someone like you, who's clearly been ripped off by them, is so flip about it.
travisj

Post by travisj »

Zeuropa wrote: Aug 31, 2020 9:30 PM This is a timely thread... I'm in the process of fitting one of their late e28 valance kits to my 533i. I knew I was in for some massaging and shaping but still more than I expected. The hang-up right now is fitting the tow hook covers (which I believe are OEM) to the aftermarket valance. I had done test fitments of the fog lights and turn signals, but for some reason didn't think to try the tow hook covers. Surprise - they don't fit well at all and I'm scratching my head at what needs tweaking to make it them fit. This lead me to consider their "Euro small front spoiler for E28 M5" because it would solve my tow hook cover issue. Enter this thread... I don't think I need anymore fitment headaches, regardless of price.

Cheers
Hey, look at this for sale near you! https://denver.craigslist.org/pts/d/arv ... 29870.html
Let me know if you would like to stop by for a test fit, and I can make you deal.
Zeuropa

Post by Zeuropa »

cek wrote: Sep 01, 2020 10:42 AM They still don't show any photos of a car with the spoiler they sell actually attached.

And I *can* blame them for trying. By using any car other than one with THEIR shitty product installed, they are lying. I'm surprised someone like you, who's clearly been ripped off by them, is so flip about it.
CEK, please forgive my clumsy attempt to compliment your car.

As to being "flip", I'm not happy about it but I sort of blame myself for not doing my homework before I bought the kit. OTOH, I'm glad I can still buy [Euro] parts for a 35+ year old car, even if the quality isn't OEM. Would I rather convert & maintain my e28 with genuine BMW parts? Sure, but I probably can't afford it, and that's assuming BMW still offers said parts, in which case I don't even have a choice. So, I'm just gonna head back to the garage and try to make lemonade out of lemons. When I'm done, I'll post pics and we can all opine as to whether or not it was worth my time. Plus, I'll offer my hard-earned .02, so the community can learn from my experience (missteps).

:beer:
Zeuropa

Post by Zeuropa »

travisj wrote: Sep 01, 2020 6:41 PM Hey, look at this for sale near you! https://denver.craigslist.org/pts/d/arv ... 29870.html
Let me know if you would like to stop by for a test fit, and I can make you deal.
Thanks for the offer! I'd love to get together with other local e28 owners. Let's make it a swap meet if nothing else.

Cheers
cek

Post by cek »

Zeuropa wrote: Sep 01, 2020 8:01 PM
cek wrote: Sep 01, 2020 10:42 AM They still don't show any photos of a car with the spoiler they sell actually attached.

CEK, please forgive my clumsy attempt to compliment your car.

As to being "flip", I'm not happy about it but I sort of blame myself for not doing my homework before I bought the kit. OTOH, I'm glad I can still buy [Euro] parts for a 35+ year old car, even if the quality isn't OEM. Would I rather convert & maintain my e28 with genuine BMW parts? Sure, but I probably can't afford it, and that's assuming BMW still offers said parts, in which case I don't even have a choice. So, I'm just gonna head back to the garage and try to make lemonade out of lemons. When I'm done, I'll post pics and we can all opine as to whether or not it was worth my time. Plus, I'll offer my hard-earned .02, so the community can learn from my experience (missteps).

:beer:
Sorry man. This topic just gets my panties in a wad. I totally get what you're saying about just being glad ANY parts are available. I feel that way a lot.

I should probably just get over it.

And thank for the kind words about Vlad. It is an amazing car and I am so lucky to have it. I arrived in Utah yesterday and drove him today, including up to Alta (a great mountain road). Grins and more grins.

:Beer:
Zeuropa

Post by Zeuropa »

No worries CEK, I've got my hot button issues too, OEM parts availability among them. If only the bean counters at BMW had any pride...

Cheers