Anyone use the e28goodies aftermarket trunk seal?

General conversations about BMW E28s and the people who own them.
code

Anyone use the e28goodies aftermarket trunk seal?

Post by code »

Getting ready to re-do my trunk seal, I didn't use enough adhesive the first time around and decided to just order a new seal and do it fresh.

On that note, I saw that e28goodies sells an aftermarket seal. Curious if anyone is using it and how it holds up? Certainly more convenient (like the e30 seal), no adhesive or mess.

Cheers,

John
HayekFan

Re: Anyone use the e28goodies aftermarket trunk seal?

Post by HayekFan »

I didn't realize this existed. Seems like an interesting option. E28s have a similar kind of seal around the engine compartment IIRC. Definitely would be nice not to hassle with the adhesive.
TurboE28

Post by TurboE28 »

This post sold me on the URO, I haven't purchased yet but it's on the list. From what I read it will take you a few seasons before you receive one from e28goodies.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=154243&p=1486212&hi ... o#p1486212
code

Post by code »

After cleaning out the adhesive from the previous seal and everything looks perfect under there, I’m going to give the e28goodies seal a shot. If it keeps water out and I don’t have to mess with adhesive again, I’m all for it. The same style works on e30s of the same era.
Mike W.

Post by Mike W. »

That type of thing has been around for a while. https://www.restorationspecialties.com/ appears to be a good source, some of the E12 guys have used their window channel with good reports and they have a ton of stuff, probably quicker and cheaper than e28goodies. No experience with either, just what I've seen.
code

Post by code »

Cheers Mike!