St. Paddy's Day 2020: COVID-19th Anniversary ¡¡¡CANCELADO!!!

General conversations about BMW E28s and the people who own them.
kojo96
Posts: 342
Joined: Mar 31, 2019 7:39 PM
Location: Pleasanton CA

Re: St. Paddy's Day 2020: COVID-19th Anniversary ¡¡¡CANCELAD

Post by kojo96 »

davintosh wrote:Image

Maybe next year.
"maybe"...
Mike W.
Posts: 24847
Joined: Feb 12, 2006 1:00 PM
Location: Covid 19 Life during Wartime

Re: St. Paddy's Day 2020: COVID-19th Anniversary ¡¡¡CANCELAD

Post by Mike W. »

Yeah, saw that one coming, and canceling it is the only prudent thing to do unfortunately.

Here's to next year! :beer:
Ray in Phoenix
Posts: 1401
Joined: Feb 12, 2006 1:00 PM

Re: St. Paddy's Day 2020: COVID-19th Anniversary ¡¡¡CANCELAD

Post by Ray in Phoenix »

I am still going to drive over to SD and crash at Darin's house....
Oh yeah and drink his beer..... I know he misses me!
Ray in Phoenix
rochareels
Posts: 89
Joined: Sep 28, 2013 12:25 AM
Location: San Diego, CA

Re: St. Paddy's Day 2020: COVID-19th Anniversary ¡¡¡CANCELAD

Post by rochareels »

So sad. So very, very sad... :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

:haul:
davintosh
Posts: 13883
Joined: Jan 28, 2009 2:05 AM
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Contact:

Re: St. Paddy's Day 2020: COVID-19th Anniversary ¡¡¡CANCELADO!!!

Post by davintosh »

Has a date been set for 2021? March is coming!
Motronic
Posts: 1406
Joined: Aug 01, 2010 1:45 PM

Re: St. Paddy's Day 2020: COVID-19th Anniversary ¡¡¡CANCELADO!!!

Post by Motronic »

davintosh wrote: Nov 27, 2020 3:53 PM Has a date been set for 2021? March is coming!
I would venture to say not in March if at all. Even though vaccinations will be in full swing by March travel and large gatherings may still be discouraged in early 2021 or until enough people decide to roll up their sleeves. I'm looking forward to the next SD gathering whenever it happens.
Mike W.
Posts: 24847
Joined: Feb 12, 2006 1:00 PM
Location: Covid 19 Life during Wartime

Re: St. Paddy's Day 2020: COVID-19th Anniversary ¡¡¡CANCELADO!!!

Post by Mike W. »

Motronic wrote: Dec 01, 2020 12:11 PM
davintosh wrote: Nov 27, 2020 3:53 PM Has a date been set for 2021? March is coming!
I would venture to say not in March if at all. Even though vaccinations will be in full swing by March travel and large gatherings may still be discouraged in early 2021 or until enough people decide to roll up their sleeves. I'm looking forward to the next SD gathering whenever it happens.
:up:
vinceg101
Posts: 4219
Joined: Jun 20, 2007 2:40 AM
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: St. Paddy's Day 2020: COVID-19th Anniversary ¡¡¡CANCELADO!!!

Post by vinceg101 »

Motronic wrote: Dec 01, 2020 12:11 PM
davintosh wrote: Nov 27, 2020 3:53 PM Has a date been set for 2021? March is coming!
I would venture to say not in March if at all. Even though vaccinations will be in full swing by March travel and large gatherings may still be discouraged in early 2021 or until enough people decide to roll up their sleeves. I'm looking forward to the next SD gathering whenever it happens.
Sadly, I agree.
As California enters it's second lock-down (LA County right now, but the state will likely follow) for the next 3-4 weeks, I see this cycle continuing for at least another 6 months. Wide spread vaccine distribution is not likely to be in effect until then anyway and then it will take another 3-6 months before we see it having major affect across the overall population. Only then can we start to consider things "normal" again.

I want to stay optimistic that by mid-year 2021 things will be different and we will have inked this event (St.Paddy's 20th Anniversary), but it's a pretty discouraging time right now.
Ricky535
Posts: 984
Joined: Feb 12, 2006 1:00 PM
Location: San Diego

Re: St. Paddy's Day 2020: COVID-19th Anniversary ¡¡¡CANCELADO!!!

Post by Ricky535 »

Crack chicken is doing curbside pickup :laugh:
vinceg101
Posts: 4219
Joined: Jun 20, 2007 2:40 AM
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: St. Paddy's Day 2020: COVID-19th Anniversary ¡¡¡CANCELADO!!!

Post by vinceg101 »

Ricky535 wrote: Dec 01, 2020 10:40 PM Crack chicken is doing curbside pickup :laugh:
DUUDDE!! I'm there.
I am willing to drive the 300 miles for Crack Chicken.
kojo96
Posts: 342
Joined: Mar 31, 2019 7:39 PM
Location: Pleasanton CA

Re: St. Paddy's Day 2020: COVID-19th Anniversary ¡¡¡CANCELADO!!!

Post by kojo96 »

vinceg101 wrote: Dec 02, 2020 12:21 PM
Ricky535 wrote: Dec 01, 2020 10:40 PM Crack chicken is doing curbside pickup :laugh:
DUUDDE!! I'm there.
I am willing to drive the 300 miles for Crack Chicken.
How big is their parking lot???
Ricky535
Posts: 984
Joined: Feb 12, 2006 1:00 PM
Location: San Diego

Re: St. Paddy's Day 2020: COVID-19th Anniversary ¡¡¡CANCELADO!!!

Post by Ricky535 »

Parking lot is big enough for a socially distance dining. The north section is shaded by eucalyptus trees.
kojo96
Posts: 342
Joined: Mar 31, 2019 7:39 PM
Location: Pleasanton CA

Re: St. Paddy's Day 2020: COVID-19th Anniversary ¡¡¡CANCELADO!!!

Post by kojo96 »

Ricky535 wrote: Dec 02, 2020 7:11 PM Parking lot is big enough for a socially distance dining. The north section is shaded by eucalyptus trees.
lol, I ment how big is their parking lot as to wether or not it could accomadate the group as an alternitive meet site. At the least we'd all eat well...
Ricky535
Posts: 984
Joined: Feb 12, 2006 1:00 PM
Location: San Diego

Re: St. Paddy's Day 2020: COVID-19th Anniversary ¡¡¡CANCELADO!!!

Post by Ricky535 »

I think the parking lot can fit about 20 cars :lol:
Mike W.
Posts: 24847
Joined: Feb 12, 2006 1:00 PM
Location: Covid 19 Life during Wartime

Re: St. Paddy's Day 2020: COVID-19th Anniversary ¡¡¡CANCELADO!!!

Post by Mike W. »

What is crack chicken? I hear about it every year around St Paddys day but still don't know exactly what it is, except that it seems to be loved. :dunno:
Ricky535
Posts: 984
Joined: Feb 12, 2006 1:00 PM
Location: San Diego

Re: St. Paddy's Day 2020: COVID-19th Anniversary ¡¡¡CANCELADO!!!

Post by Ricky535 »

Crispy chicken wings.
kojo96
Posts: 342
Joined: Mar 31, 2019 7:39 PM
Location: Pleasanton CA

Re: St. Paddy's Day 2020: COVID-19th Anniversary ¡¡¡CANCELADO!!!

Post by kojo96 »

Ricky535 wrote: Dec 02, 2020 10:42 PM Crispy chicken wings.
with a hint of Crack, just enough to get you hooked and jonesing for it!
Kenny Blankenship
Posts: 4777
Joined: Feb 12, 2006 1:00 PM
Location: NNV

Re: St. Paddy's Day 2020: COVID-19th Anniversary ¡¡¡CANCELADO!!!

Post by Kenny Blankenship »

Mike W. wrote: Dec 02, 2020 10:41 PM What is crack chicken? I hear about it every year around St Paddys day but still don't know exactly what it is, except that it seems to be loved. :dunno:
Mike, I know you're retired but are you that old??? :laugh: You've never had the crack chicken that shows up before lunch? You never see the buzz on the front porch when Ricky arrives??? Ever had salt and pepper shrimp or squid? They fry the chicken with that coating... bestest appetizer in the world!
vinceg101 wrote: Dec 02, 2020 12:21 PM
Ricky535 wrote: Dec 01, 2020 10:40 PM Crack chicken is doing curbside pickup :laugh:
DUUDDE!! I'm there.
I am willing to drive the 300 miles for Crack Chicken.
1,100+ miles here...
John SCB
Posts: 1842
Joined: Feb 12, 2006 1:00 PM
Location: SoCal, on the Beach.

Re: St. Paddy's Day 2020: COVID-19th Anniversary ¡¡¡CANCELADO!!!

Post by John SCB »

A couple of years ago I OD'd on that crack chicken. Damn good stuff. Later that night I awoke with the worst case of acid reflux ever. I had to sleep in a recliner for the rest of the night. That's what I get for ingesting more than my fair share :oops:
Last edited by John SCB on Dec 10, 2020 3:39 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Ricky535
Posts: 984
Joined: Feb 12, 2006 1:00 PM
Location: San Diego

Re: St. Paddy's Day 2020: COVID-19th Anniversary ¡¡¡CANCELADO!!!

Post by Ricky535 »

^You sat by the tray :laugh: :rofl:
TurboE28
Posts: 588
Joined: Apr 27, 2006 8:37 PM
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: St. Paddy's Day 2020: COVID-19th Anniversary ¡¡¡CANCELADO!!!

Post by TurboE28 »

Forget that.. give me some of that lumpia :bow:
Mike W.
Posts: 24847
Joined: Feb 12, 2006 1:00 PM
Location: Covid 19 Life during Wartime

Re: St. Paddy's Day 2020: COVID-19th Anniversary ¡¡¡CANCELADO!!!

Post by Mike W. »

Kenny Blankenship wrote: Dec 05, 2020 6:09 PM
Mike W. wrote: Dec 02, 2020 10:41 PM What is crack chicken? I hear about it every year around St Paddys day but still don't know exactly what it is, except that it seems to be loved. :dunno:
Mike, I know you're retired but are you that old??? :laugh: You've never had the crack chicken that shows up before lunch? You never see the buzz on the front porch when Ricky arrives??? Ever had salt and pepper shrimp or squid? They fry the chicken with that coating... bestest appetizer in the world!
Nope, there's just some things I've missed. Might have been because I'm not big on chicken in the first place, eat it with a knife and fork and there's no f'ing meat on wings anyway. Doesn't mean I'm not curious though. :cool:
wkohler
Posts: 50675
Joined: Oct 05, 2006 11:04 PM
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Re: St. Paddy's Day 2020: COVID-19th Anniversary ¡¡¡CANCELADO!!!

Post by wkohler »

davintosh wrote: Nov 27, 2020 3:53 PM Has a date been set for 2021? March is coming!
At this point, the 2021 event has been cancelled as well. Might be subject to change without notice but don’t expect anything this year. I’m sure some were hoping for it and I’m sorry to disappoint.
Mike W.
Posts: 24847
Joined: Feb 12, 2006 1:00 PM
Location: Covid 19 Life during Wartime

Re: St. Paddy's Day 2020: COVID-19th Anniversary ¡¡¡CANCELADO!!!

Post by Mike W. »

wkohler wrote: Jan 02, 2021 4:19 PM
At this point, the 2021 event has been cancelled as well. Might be subject to change without notice but don’t expect anything this year. I’m sure some were hoping for it and I’m sorry to disappoint.
Considering the deaths per day are about what resulted from the September 11th attacks, I think that's the only prudent decision. Our active people here are dropping fast enough anyway we don't need to potentially lose any more. No matter how much I wanted to go this year, and I really wanted to go. Of course I've wanted a lot of things I didn't get, starting with being born rich and good looking. :laugh:
wkohler
Posts: 50675
Joined: Oct 05, 2006 11:04 PM
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Re: St. Paddy's Day 2020: COVID-19th Anniversary ¡¡¡CANCELADO!!!

Post by wkohler »

So there’s no confusion about this event or the 2021 event I made a new thread so any discussion can continue there.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=155789
Post Reply