Utah

General conversations about BMW E28s and the people who own them.
Foonfer

Re: Utah

Post by Foonfer »

cek wrote: Sep 17, 2018 12:19 AM
Vlad, of course, was the coolest car there... It was the only E28.
This has been my experience in most gatherings, car-enthusiast café runs, etc. Even when just casually driving around, on any given day there is a much higher chance of running into a Porsche 924/944, or some cool Saab, or into more than one 2002, than of running into another E28. I bet the fact that you ran into one on the highway will be a rare occurrence. Between January 2020 and now, I have seen only (3) E28s I had never seen before, and only one of them seemed in very good-to-excellent shape; the other 2 were really rough, sort of like the E23 in your photos...

Great photos of Vlad. He's one smart lookin fella.
RoyW

Post by RoyW »

Hey Charlie.... Mary and I may be coming thru SLC in latter July (on a 6000 mile roadtrip) and would enjoy meeting up if schedules, per chance, coincide. :) PM me your contact info and I'll keep in touch, as our journey unfolds and should we go that way when returning East from Sacramento. Take care.

-RoyW
cek

Post by cek »

RoyW wrote: Jun 11, 2021 4:14 PM Hey Charlie.... Mary and I may be coming thru SLC in latter July (on a 6000 mile roadtrip) and would enjoy meeting up if schedules, per chance, coincide. :) PM me your contact info and I'll keep in touch, as our journey unfolds and should we go that way when returning East from Sacramento. Take care.

-RoyW
I just sent you an email.
RoyW

Post by RoyW »

Charlie... sorry Mary and I weren't able to stop in SLC and pay you a visit. Thanks again for the offer. Just got home after 6 weeks of roadtrip... was great, but it always great to be home! :)

-RoyW