Anyone ordered from Lseat.com

General conversations about BMW E28s and the people who own them.
BimmerDan

Anyone ordered from Lseat.com

Post by BimmerDan »

Has anyone ordered from Lseat.com? I found a set of Recaro seats, but I'm looking into recovering them before I pull the trigger.
The price seems to low to be real leather, while I'm sure its Chinese stuff it might be okay for a car that sees little use.... Color match wouldn't be a huge issue, at this price I would be willing to replace the back seat and door cards as well.
https://www.lseat.com/products/1981-198 ... -rear.html
Thanks
wkohler

Re: Anyone ordered from Lseat.com

Post by wkohler »

I wonder if that's a bonded leather or something. That's cheaper than the hide would be.
travisj

Post by travisj »

Interesting. See if you can get a sample swatch. They have samples listed, but a couple reviews say they never delivered.
States "superior cow leather".
Can you tell if the front E28 seat skins on the site are for comfort or sport seats?
BimmerDan

Post by BimmerDan »

https://www.lseat.com/products/1981-198 ... front.html
These are comfort

I emailed them a few weeks ago asking questions and either they don't care or do not understand English very well. Very vague responses and answers like okay.
travisj

Post by travisj »

I just read a bunch of reviews, and they seem like quality pieces. Reviews could be fabricated though.
Sounds like if you send in existing covers, they can make match the pattern. They are made to order.
The site currently has a 50% off sale posted on the front page. Do you know if the $299 price is the sale price or regular price? Was it at that point when you first found the site?

Keep us posted.
demetk

Post by demetk »

BimmerDan

Post by BimmerDan »

I'm going to order the colors and see what is the closest to my stock color. I will post pictures if I get the samples.

They sell the leather for 4.50 a square foot. What's the going rate on leather now?
Update 3/7
Well my order was placed 3/2 I received a receipt, but no charge on my card or shipping confirmation.
Your Order Contains...
Cart Items SKU Qty Item Price Item Total
Burgundy Genuine Leather Upholstery Cow Hide Per SQ.FT

S050S0023 1 $4.50 USD $4.50 USD
Dark Red Genuine Leather Upholstery Cow Hide Per SQ.FT

S050S0022 1 $4.50 USD $4.50 USD
Scarlet Genuine Leather Upholstery Cow Hide Per SQ.FT

S050S0021 1 $4.50 USD $4.50 USD
BimmerDan

Post by BimmerDan »

So the sample I ordered two months ago came.
Dark red seems to be close, but I'm really thinking of scarlet now.

Looks like most modern leather...
BimmerDan

Post by BimmerDan »

I sent in my order for the e46 front seat with e28 stitching pattern and back seat. Hopefully, in the next few weeks they show up looking good.

For those of you with sport seats, isn't the e28 sport seat the same as the e24 other than the stitching?
https://www.lseat.com/products/1983-198 ... front.html
wkohler

Post by wkohler »

For all intents and purposes, yes.
ElGuappo

Post by ElGuappo »

Well I'm quite curious, seems way too good to be true, but thankfully you are willing to bite the bullet for the rest of us.
It is encouraging to see some critical reviews, written in obviously different styles, along with the glowing endorsements.
vinceg101

Post by vinceg101 »

Interesting.
This thread and this one: http://www.mye28.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=142992 are good reference and ones I'm watching closely.
BimmerDan

Post by BimmerDan »

Well, I went all in and bought a hide to have Chris Scow do my door pulls and door cards. So this will be a disaster if it goes south. I will say after placing an order the Support has drastically improved. I will measure the test pieces I ordered when I get home and post pictures. If anyone wants the sample card let me know and I can send it on to you.
SlickDizzy

Post by SlickDizzy »

I'll be closely following this thread. They do covers for the Recaros I have up front and also offer the E28 rear seat cover so I've been planning an order after I take care of the more pressing issues with my car.
vinceg101

Post by vinceg101 »

BimmerDan wrote:Well, I went all in and bought a hide to have Chris Scow do my door pulls and door cards. So this will be a disaster if it goes south. I will say after placing an order the Support has drastically improved. I will measure the test pieces I ordered when I get home and post pictures. If anyone wants the sample card let me know and I can send it on to you.
Dan: I'll take you up on that offer. PM'd.
dsmith

Post by dsmith »

I would love to know which one matches cardinal leather the best. I want to redo some budget e30 sports.
BimmerDan

Post by BimmerDan »

dsmith wrote:I would love to know which one matches cardinal leather the best. I want to redo some budget e30 sports.
Scarlet is the only one close, but I think its to bright. Dark red maybe, but is close to Ox Blood. Dark red and burgundy were close to each other with more of texture difference.
Beemernut

Post by Beemernut »

I was looking into this company for reupholstery awhile back. I ordered a sample swatch and never got it and their customer service seems to be bare minimum :roll:

People seem to be pretty happy with them though for the most part. So maybe I will do business with them someday.

There's a US-based company called Procar that builds a number of nice, period-correct seats for muscle cars and I think I'll choose them for my inevitable front seat replacement. Has anyone tried them? They sent me some swatches, and although some of the pictures of their maroon look a bit off, their maroon vinyl swatch matches my Cardinal Red interior almost perfectly! Not to mention you can send them your own choice of leather to upholster their seats with. http://procarbyscat.com/seats

I think this would be a perfect seat upgrade in an e28...and for under $400 a seat! http://procarbyscat.com/seat/80-1000-56l
tschultz

Post by tschultz »

Also curious as I stumbled on that website last night.
BimmerDan

Post by BimmerDan »

So the hide and covers showed up today without warning. They look good, not crazy over the knee booster having the pattern. That's on me I didn't specify that. I'll try to go over to the upholstery shop Monday and see when he can get them on.

BimmerDan

Post by BimmerDan »

So its been months and I just got my front seats back from the upholsterer, hopefully, he gets the back is done by next summer.... :?

Leather quality according to the upholsterer is very good, fitment was another issue. Please keep in mind I'm using E46 seats, so I cannot attest to E28 fit.
Issues:
1.stitching is not the straightest - I asked for them to stitch the E28 pattern on the E46 seat
2. they have the cutout sowen in for the backs on convertibles
3. the attachment for the seat back was completely wrong - he cut it off the original leather and sewed it on the new cover
4. its a little baggy in a few spots

Would I do it again? Yes, for the price I'm very happy. I even have enough leather left from the hides to repair seat bolsters if needed.
Last edited by BimmerDan on Jul 26, 2018 9:44 PM, edited 1 time in total.
demetk

Post by demetk »

They turned out quite nice. How much was it for the 2 front seats?
BimmerDan

Post by BimmerDan »

demetk wrote:They turned out quite nice. How much was it for the 2 front seats?
Seats were 200, covers 299, and installation 400
demetk

Post by demetk »

Thanks. I ordered the swatch.
brickwhite

Post by brickwhite »

they look nice
Last edited by brickwhite on Nov 17, 2019 2:34 PM, edited 1 time in total.